It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can You Bash OR Praise Obama? Ask Yourselves This!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Alright ATS.

I'm tired of the senseless Obama bashing as well as putting him up on some pedestal. Both sides are getting very tiresome.

So in an effort to quell such things, I will ask a simple question, if you are one who praises obama, or bashes him and answer no to this question, then you will need to evaluate your stance.

Have you read ALL the legislation proposed by the Obama Administration since he took office?

By read, I mean front to back, each bill in it's entirety.

If you have not done so, then you have no place praising or bashing Obama, not to the extreme I see here.

Now that doesn't mean you can't be critical or like some of the things he does, however to describe his Presidency as a sham or the opposite of this rhetoric is foolish.

The political clout and long lasting effect of any politican is gaged by the agenda they attempt to move forward during they're run as an incumbent.

Without having read all of it, then who are we to say anything?

To answer my own question, no I have not read all the bills. I have been known to be both critical of Obama and praise him for the things I agree with.

So ATS?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Not even the house members read the bills:
Read the Bills act
www.downsizedc.org...

Has ha actually kept a campaign promise?

"...he made it clear that he wanted negotiations, especially with those representing the for-profit health care industry, to take place in the open. We were able to find four additional instances where he made the same promise during public appearances in 2007 and 2008. And in one case, he said he'd do it in his first 100 days...

...Obama promised — repeatedly — an end to closed-door negotiations and complete openness for the health care talks. But he hasn't delivered. Instead of open talks of C-SPAN, we've gotten more of the same — talks behind closed doors at the White House and Congress. We might revisit this promise if there's a dramatic change, but we see nothing to indicate anything has changed. We rate this Promise Broken...
www.scroogle.org...

So much for transparency?
Has he actually fixed any of Dubya's do bads?

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

"...he made it clear that he wanted negotiations, especially with those representing the for-profit health care industry, to take place in the open. We were able to find four additional instances where he made the same promise during public appearances in 2007 and 2008. And in one case, he said he'd do it in his first 100 days...

...Obama promised — repeatedly — an end to closed-door negotiations and complete openness for the health care talks. But he hasn't delivered. Instead of open talks of C-SPAN, we've gotten more of the same — talks behind closed doors at the White House and Congress. We might revisit this promise if there's a dramatic change, but we see nothing to indicate anything has changed. We rate this Promise Broken...
www.scroogle.org...

It doesn't matter what he said. If you believed him than your the gullible one.

ALL politicians lie on the campaign trail, you show me one that hasn't and I will eat my foot.

I'm talking about his legislative agenda.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Sorry
I edited in some thing I missed regarding the
read the bills act

I would like to see where he has kept his word on something
Since he ran on transparency and accountability...

Goldman Sachs was his bigest contributer- they like him just fine

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
We bashed on Bush why can't we bash on Obama, I mean Osama?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-6-2010 by IcarusDeepSea]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by IcarusDeepSea
We bashed on Bush why can't we bash on Obama, I mean Osama?

The same reasoning would apply to Bush IMO.

Although we have 8 years of Bush being a dumbass to use against him however.

If Obama had an IQ similar to George's (about 36) he'd be in the same boat.

George was better at making a fool of himself.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
IMHO soething in his admin is really really CRACKed
here is some doozie bills coming down his PIPE

the Cattleman don't like this puppy.

WASHINGTON (April 21, 2010) – The National Cattlemen’s Beef Association (NCBA) and the Public Lands Council (PLC) are strongly opposing the so-called “America’s Commitment to Clean Water Act,” introduced earlier today by Rep. James Oberstar (D-Minn.). The Act would remove the word “navigable” from the definition of “waters of the United States” under the Clean Water Act, granting the federal government unprecedented regulatory authority over all waters regardless of whether or not they have any environmental significance.

naturalresourcereport.com...

also good bye second amendment( that "G-D piece of paper" which he took an oath to uphold) via treaty...

last years treaty:

www.washingtontimes.com...
with mexico

would this explain why the guv lets the door open to the Meicans
throws border guard in jail for doing there jobs
hog ties the borderdefences?

do the Mexican really not have their own guns?

this years gun treaty
www.washingtontimes.com...
Friday, April 9, 2010

me thinks AGENDA also

bi partisan support:

The office of Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman John Kerry, the Massachusetts Democrat who last year said he would push for its ratification, did not respond to requests for comment. A spokesman for the panel's senior Republican, Sen. Richard G. Lugar of Indiana, referred to a March 2009 statement in which he said his colleagues "should consider ratifying" the agreement during this session of Congress

Mexico's president is appealing directly to the American people and their elected leaders to reform immigration laws, and strengthen gun control along the U.S.-Mexican border.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

www.scroogle.org...

It doesn't matter what he said. If you believed him than your the gullible one.

ALL politicians lie on the campaign trail, you show me one that hasn't and I will eat my foot.

~Keeper

It wasn't always this way.

By discounting the seriousness of campaigning lies, you are in effect accepting them. In other words, you are giving up the use of integrity as a measure for a politician to get your vote.

Thats pretty scary in my book.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I guess I get a pass..?

I am not pro-Obama or anti-Obama.. to be one or the other would be me acknowledging that the system to which he is a part of has any relevance in my life. I can assure you, that system means nothing to me. To wake up and find it gone tomorrow could only put my mind at ease more than it already is.

I am tired of both sides too. Most on one side or the other feel that they have it right, when they don't. More of the same.. more of the shame.. more of the blame.. more of the game.

Wake up.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mhc_70

I agree, I actually very much hate that it's turned into this, but it's just true.

No need to pull the covers over our eyes, only when we identify the problem can we work towards a solution.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

I agree, it's sad that most people don't understand that by choosing a side, either pro or anti Obama, they've fell into the trap placed by our "masters".

Thanks for the reply.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm a CANADIAN
guess that blows your Vote theory

Obama ran on a platform of changing the promise not kept type politcal system

Instead of pointless empty innuendo show some intelligence and fight fact with fact

Here is Dr paul craig roberts wh o would know on what your vote is worth
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Any time.

Thank you for the thread. I stared and flagged it before the bloody battle that I can ensure you is about to ensue in 3..2..1..
The trolls can't stay out of a thread with his name in it.

On a side note, and then I'm out before I get too off topic:

I always enjoy your input on the threads, and the time and insight you offer, especially in your OPs. While I don't always agree, you always have my respect for that.

Resistance is indeed peace.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I'm a CANADIAN
guess that blows your Vote theory

Obama ran on a platform of changing the promise not kept type politcal system

Instead of pointless empty innuendo show some intelligence and fight fact with fact

Here is Dr paul craig roberts wh o would know on what your vote is worth
www.youtube.com...

I'm also a Canadian, so I never voted for him.

However, I did BELIEVE in him at one point, as most of the populace did.

Unfortuntely not so much anymore...

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by broahes

Yup, this is gonna be crapstorm, I'm sure. Then again, I love controversy

Thanks for the kind words, your now a member of my "exclusive" friend's list haha.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The mumbo jumbo about believing Obama means nothing
when those bills i mention have Bipartisan support...

the people were 90 percent against the bail out and they still took your money...

Is your idea to deal with being thusly raped is to ignore it it will go away?
im asking here?

what is that political stance called

btw cool thread some things need to be opened up

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   

The mumbo jumbo about believing Obama means nothing
when those bills i mention have Bipartisan support...

the people were 90 percent against the bail out and they still took your money...

Is your idea to deal with being thusly raped is to ignore it it will go away?
im asking here?

what is that political stance called

Doesn't matter if they have bipartisan support. Did you read them?

How do you know whats in them?

No I'm saying the opposite; the way you get out of being used and treated as a SERF is to stop acting like a Serf.

~Keeper

[edit on 6/6/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

~Keeper

Ron Paul didn't lie when he was on the campaign trail.

The problem is that when you have 1 man telling the truth, and all other candidates lying, nobody wants to support the man telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Bah, politics has become the new "sports" for many people. You cheer for your side and boo for the other. Congress represents the players on the field, the president represents the mascot, the MSM represents the cheerleaders, and we are the audience in the stands, eating popcorn and hotdogs, while we enjoy the show. Its all become a game to distract us from the actual issues, which like the bills passed in Congress are given very little scrutiny.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

~Keeper

Ron Paul didn't lie when he was on the campaign trail.

The problem is that when you have 1 man telling the truth, and all other candidates lying, nobody wants to support the man telling the truth.

HE was never elected, so you can't really say he didn't lie.

He was never in a position to fufill any of those "truths".

~Keeper

top topics

<<   2 >>

join