It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Can You Bash OR Praise Obama? Ask Yourselves This!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

ALL politicians lie on the campaign trail, you show me one that hasn't and I will eat my foot.

I'm talking about his legislative agenda.

~Keeper

Ron Paul didn't lie when he was on the campaign trail.

The problem is that when you have 1 man telling the truth, and all other candidates lying, nobody wants to support the man telling the truth.

I guess if you know you don't have a snowball's chance, you can limit the lies. Plus if you are near 100 years old, you limit the lieing because it is too hard to keep track of them.

Ron Paul?
Really?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I didn't expect miracles by supporting obama and so far, under the circumstances, I think he is doing ok. He is smarter and more determined than bush ever was but that does'nt mean he has a blank check to do as he pleases.

No elected official in the USA or other western country can be an overt dictator and get away with it. We want "democracy" and for most people this illusion is perfectly fine. Few people realise that there are people behind the scenes pulling their strings and even if they realise that, they have no idea who is pulling the strings.

To get a represenative government, one of two things need to happen: 1)Dissolve the FED and give issuing authority to the US Treasury 2)Ban all campaign contributions to all running parties while installing a ballot tax to cover expenses.

Unless people understand what problems america faces it won't matter who you vote for. Plain and simple!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Okay here is my beef with Obama.

1) He still has not fixed his first promise GITMO.

2) What happened to his "clean Coal" Technology, are we back to oil already..because there isn't enough, what a load of $hit.

3) Obama talks a-lot, Does his actions lie?

4) The healthcare bill has RFID tracking chips in it.

5) He is a controlled puppet.

6) the U.S. is a corporation and he is the P.R. guy.

7) He won the Nobel peace prize and sent 50,000 more troops to "fight for our freedom" in another country when Millions of people are being removed from their homes.

8) The Oil spill he has done nothing about.

9) The oil reached Florida Yesterday, If proper absorbants were used the oil would be contained in the Gulf. Instead they use Anti-freeze and the oil particles are now small enough to penetrate animal skin and possibly human skin.

10) No clean up of oil on the beaches.

11) No organic absorbant being used.

12) Hurricane season started June 1st and add the oil to the equation, it equals disaster.

Well I can keep going, but it is easy to see that Obama does not care what he says, because in all likeliness he wont do a damn thing.

Revelation 16:3

"And the second angel poured his bowl into the ocean and it became as red as the blood of a dead man; and every living thing in the ocean died"

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well spoken tothetenthpower. As a humble observer from the other side of the pond I'm bemused by the rhetoric mostly against Obama not only on this site but elsewhere. I realize that it is perfectly normal for the incumbent to incur the wrath of the great unwashed (especially if he is not their man) but some of the language is dripping with vitriol. I suspect the passion of the aggrieved surpasses those of his supporters. To paraphrase Machiavelli. the new prince will "make enemies of all those who prospered under the old regime, and only lukewarm support is forthcoming from those who would prosper under the new". Needless to say like all politicians I would suggest that Obama is neither the saint nor the sinner he is portrayed as. However if I am to believe everything I read about Obama on this site the man should be impeached if not incarcerated for crimes against all and sundry. I think Americans need to recognise that when you feed on your own in this way it gives succur and strength to your enemies.

Probably too rational but I just thought I'd put that out there.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
He took a position of leadership and pay as well,he has shown that all his supposed promises were pipe dreams at best,he shuns anything to do with going to memorials,he has a bunch of criminals in office,yes how can you bash him? lol

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

For me I do not care about any of the bills he is ramming through.

I believe the constitution which is a binding contract between we the people and the ones we allow to govern us is not flawed.

It is those who try to read differently into the simple wording of it and give rights beyond that of what was meant by the original writers.

Many will state that values and morals change, This I Do Not adhere to. Why? Just because you can get over half the people that are voting (not over half of Americans) to agree that they wish to change something does not change the original value or moral.

If 51 percent said killing your neighbor for leaving a trash can out over night is ok then murder is legal but not morally correct and the value of the life is still great.

Obama believes our constitution is flawed because it does not reflect the moral less values he believes.

He is a muslim and they are allowed to lie to the infidel to subdue and kill them.

He is stealing our money, giving away our land, and is about to send us into a very bad time as he continues to deny Israel as the rightful owners of the land they were given by God and given back by the British

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Do you think Obama has read cover to cover any bill he's signed? I doubt it.
whos writing these bills anyway? Does anyone really think a committee in the house or senate throws together a 2000 page bill in a couple months?
Obviously these things are written years in advance by special interest think tanks. Then they wait until their puppets are in charge to bring the bill to fruition.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Couldn't more agree Keeper. Your words are wise I like your way of thinking.

All we can do, judging any public person, is take his acts separately, one by one, and judge them about WHAT they are, not WHO did them.

Being pro or con Obama doesn't have any sense. He probably has done good things, and has probably done bad things. Saying "I generally don't approve his way of thinking" is relevant, saying "Obama is an idiot" is ridiculous, as that means that you reject EVERYTHING he did, even the good.

Having a determined opinion on an act, based on facts and reflection is the prerogative of wise men, when judging a person according to how MSM describes it and/or based on part of his acts is the prerogative of ignorant men and sheep.

Keep an open-mind and seek for the truth as often as possible !

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
Okay here is my beef with Obama.

1) He still has not fixed his first promise GITMO.

If only he were a dictator and just did everything he pleased...
Senate votes to block funds for Guantanamo closure

But he keeps trying; Presidential Memorandum--Closure of Dentention Facilities at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base and getting this;
House Panel Rejects a Plan to Shift Detainees to Illinois

Not to mention the refusal of senators from various states, such as Kansas, to even allow the housing of prisoners.

That's just a few of the problems the president has faced. Let's blame him anyway.

2) What happened to his "clean Coal" Technology, are we back to oil already..because there isn't enough, what a load of $hit.

I suppose you're talking about one of his ideas for the dreaded climate change bill that's faced criticism all over the place. Otherwise, what?

3) Obama talks a-lot, Does his actions lie?

How does one even respond to that?

4) The healthcare bill has RFID tracking chips in it.

(g)(1) The Secretary shall establish a national medical device registry (in this subsection referred to as the ‘registry’) to facilitate analysis of postmarket safety and outcomes data on each device that--
(A) is or has been used in or on a patient;

(B) is--

(i) a class III device;

(ii) a class II device that is implantable, life-supporting, or life-sustaining.

From wikipedia:

Class II: General Controls with Special Controls

Devices in this class are typically non-invasive and include x-ray machines, PACS, powered wheelchairs, infusion pumps, surgical drapes, surgical needles and suture material,acupuncture needles.

Class III: General Controls and Premarket Approval

Examples of Class III devices which require a premarket approval include replacement heart valves, silicone gel-filled breast implants, implanted cerebral stimulators, implantable pacemaker pulse generators and endosseous (intra-bone) implants (with the exception of root-form endosseous dental implants which were recently reclassified as Class II).

You're right, we're doomed.

5) He is a controlled puppet.

Based on fact or factual opinion?

6) the U.S. is a corporation and he is the P.R. guy.

How would the president NOT be the face of the country? Yes, I'm ignoring your attempted corporatocracy reference.

7) He won the Nobel peace prize and sent 50,000 more troops to "fight for our freedom" in another country when Millions of people are being removed from their homes.

I don't think he ever said 'fight for our freedom' when he issued that order nor do know what you mean by millions of people being removed from their homes.

Eight through 12 all relate to the oil spill, I can't blame the president for that. Between admissions that the federal government isn't well equipped and the outcry over the federal government taking control of a private business in the age of the TEA party, I blame the oil company...not the president.

Well I can keep going, but it is easy to see that Obama does not care what he says, because in all likeliness he wont do a damn thing.

Once again, you're right...he's the most lackadaisical president we've ever had.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Danbones
Has ha actually kept a campaign promise?

"...he made it clear that he wanted negotiations, especially with those representing the for-profit health care industry, to take place in the open. We were able to find four additional instances where he made the same promise during public appearances in 2007 and 2008. And in one case, he said he'd do it in his first 100 days...

...Obama promised — repeatedly — an end to closed-door negotiations and complete openness for the health care talks. But he hasn't delivered. Instead of open talks of C-SPAN, we've gotten more of the same — talks behind closed doors at the White House and Congress. We might revisit this promise if there's a dramatic change, but we see nothing to indicate anything has changed. We rate this Promise Broken...
www.scroogle.org...

So much for transparency?
Has he actually fixed any of Dubya's do bads?

It doesn't matter what he said. If you believed him than your the gullible one.

ALL politicians lie on the campaign trail, you show me one that hasn't and I will eat my foot.

~Keeper

theres no excuse for lieing to the american people, you cant say its ok to do so just because they all do, NO! lieing is wrong and NO ONE is worthy of being a president unless they can keep their word! the fact that you need more reasoning besides him being a lieir is dispicable. but since youve asked youve opened a can of worms, hes done more to upset the citizens of america then any president ever. and im sure plenty will give you those examples,

if you resign yourself to thinking we will never have an honest leader, then youve already failed and ought to never vote.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

So a few of your responses were good, like on # 1.

#2 Well you didn't answer it you said something about the climate which, the earth goes through seasons so the climate change is natural. The people are starting to discover global warming is a hoax and used to tax the people some more.

Also it was about Obama's clean coal tech. which you promptly avoided, which he has not implemented. So why are we back to drilling for oil, how come we are not using his idea for clean coal? Cause it is Hog-wash.

Not to mention there is a motorcycle that already runs on magnets and cars that already run on water....

#3 Does Obama's actions lie? What has he done over the past year before the oil spill occurred? I'll get back to you on it, but It is likely not much.

#4 Well I suppose you agree with me on that one. And the we are all doomed part, come on man, way to stick to negativity....

#5/6 are pretty much the same actually. And yes He is a puppet and yes he is a P.R. guy. Read my signature links if you don't believe me.

#7 I know "fighting for our freedom" was said somewhere, Because bush said that the Middle Easterners were jealous of our freedoms and etc.

And yes there is an economic crises if you didn't notice and if you watch the news you would see people are being removed from their homes and the problem is SYSTEMIC, meaning it is the system that is the problem.

Now go look at my signature it says in the link The United States is a corporation.

#8-12 are EVERYONE'S PROBLEMS so Its not like me saying those things aren't valid.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by Danbones
Has ha actually kept a campaign promise?

"...he made it clear that he wanted negotiations, especially with those representing the for-profit health care industry, to take place in the open. We were able to find four additional instances where he made the same promise during public appearances in 2007 and 2008. And in one case, he said he'd do it in his first 100 days...

...Obama promised — repeatedly — an end to closed-door negotiations and complete openness for the health care talks. But he hasn't delivered. Instead of open talks of C-SPAN, we've gotten more of the same — talks behind closed doors at the White House and Congress. We might revisit this promise if there's a dramatic change, but we see nothing to indicate anything has changed. We rate this Promise Broken...
www.scroogle.org...

So much for transparency?
Has he actually fixed any of Dubya's do bads?

It doesn't matter what he said. If you believed him than your the gullible one.

~Keeper

Fine I won't bash his legislative agenda...oh wait, didn't he say he was in favor of decriminalizing cannabis? Where is THAT legislation? Oh well, I guess I can't bash him just because he is a liar.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I bash him AND praise him, depending on what we're talking about. I haven't read all of his legislation from front to back, though. Can't I still feel really good about his efforts to overturn DADT and be furious that he hasn't done anything for the Gulf? I think I can do both without reading every word of the legislation.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quickfix
reply to post by links234

Thanks.

Obama's clean coal venture, $1 billion from the stimulus to fund a project researching near-zero emission coal plants. Researching does not equate to implementing.

Just because you don't hear about it on the 24/7 news networks doesn't mean it's not happening. We've been drilling for oil, we never stopped just because of this Department of Energy idea.

I look forward to your evaluation of what the president has done this past year.

I don't agree with you at all about the RFID chips. It's, as you put it, hogwash.

With regards to the oil spill, I'm pretty upset about it myself. I was, even moreso, after catching a bit by Rachel Maddow on the fact that the exact same thing happened 30 years ago. Youtube link. I still don't blame the president for it. If you can point to me one viable option the federal government could have taken to fix the problem I'm more than willing to hear it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join