It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP is pleased with 40% .. I'm not!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
you know theres a way to clamp a new pipe to the old one taht is used in water leaks in the big citys.
theres a steel clamp with rubber lining in it comes in sizes 1 to 6 inches and 6 inches long that has a hing on one side and BOLTS on the other .
Watch that sud move Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman, Matt Craven. Crimson Tide (1995)
the sub got a bad leak in the water pips and the guy uses a VERY large one of these to clamp it then bolt it until the leak stops.
so you lower the new pipe within 5 feet make on of these clamps 6 feet long use the rov to place it around the pipes the oil will still be free flowing UNTILL the BOLTS are put on and tightened add in a valve you can open untill it seals all the way to keep the presser down then seal the valve wala you are now getting 100% of the oil
this opens up at the hing the shut off valve is split with the shut off its self being on one side of the split you close it around the two pices of pipe the oil goes out the side valve untill the bolts are put on then the side valve is closed. this is simler to the kind they aready use only modified because the second pice of pipe is not attached in any way

[edit on 6-6-2010 by xxcalbier]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Update: BP says that it is collecting 11,000 bbls/day, if the leak is 15,000 bbls/day, that would mean that they are collecting about 70%.

Does it look any better to you? It looks the same to me.
www.bp.com...

BP says that the collection rate will continue to increase over the next few days..
lets hope so.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They say 40% contained - yea sure, like I believe that. The plume looks like a volcano. I don't believe a word they say!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
well maybe it is a million gallons a day after taht may be the reason it still looks so bad ocording to them this device can get up to 660k a day so if its a million or a million2 then were talking half still left with 400 to 600k a day .

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Update: BP says that they are now collecting 15,000 bbl/day.. well that should be 100% then, but oil is still leaking! So they said between 13,000 and 19,000 and I used 15,000.. but we were also told of a possible 20% increase after they cut the pipe.. so that would have a new range of 15,600 - 22,800. We know it is more that 15,000, so if we keep with BP and the government's estimates.. it must be closer to 20,000 bbl/day (or more). This changes all the calculations I did earlier in the thread based on 15,000 bbl/day. I wish we had people working on calculating the flow rate.. we need to know how much oil is out there!

By the way.. we now know what the psi is at the well head! 12,000 psi - Amazing!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Update: BP releases hi-res video of oil leak before cap was placed.. this could help get the correct flow rate!

www.cnn.com...

Could be 100,000 bbls/day!

Edit: Where did CNN get the video.. I want to download, but can't find.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Update: BP's new goal is to collect 28,000 bbls/day by next week.. if that is their goal.. then we know they think the flow rate is at least that. So now I'm thinking we are getting closer to an actual flow rate... 30,000 bbls/day. We'll see what comes from the new hi-res videos also.

af.reuters.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Morpheas]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join