It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Your video link is "malformed" according to YouTube and does not exist. Can you provide a working link?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If it's been running that long and is that important to them maybe they shut it down for it's own protection?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Users comments on you tube videos say that it stopped. Not the best source of info, but it collaborates with the OP thread.

"On 06/02/2010 1215 UTC, I attempted to pick up the broadcast and got static. I tried in Austria, Germany, Slovakia, and Sweden (globaltuners). Can someone verify whether or not it's still broadcasting?"

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Your video link is "malformed" according to YouTube and does not exist. Can you provide a working link?

Try this one, not as good quality but you get the jist of what it sounds like

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This link has one of the rare voice transmission on it. Its similar to the number transmissions that are though to be used by spies

Voice messages from UVB-76 are very rare. Only three such messages have been intercepted in its 20-plus-year history:

■At 21:58 GMT on December 24, 1997, the buzzing abruptly stopped to be replaced by a short series of beeps, and a male voice speaking Russian announced: “Ya — UVB-76. 18008. BROMAL: Boris, Roman, Olga, Mikhail, Anna, Larisa. 742, 799, 14.”The message was repeated verbatim several times before the beep sequence repeated and the buzzer resumed.
■A similar voice message was broadcast on September 12, 2002, but with extreme distortion (possibly as a result of the source being too close to the microphone head) that rendered comprehension very difficult. This second voice broadcast has been partially translated as “UVB-76, UVB-76. 62691 Izafet 3693 8270.”
■The third voice message (and, as of January 2007, the latest one) was broadcast on February 21, 2006 at 7:57 GMT. Again, the speaking voice was highly distorted, but the message’s content translates as: “75-59-75-59. 39-52-53-58. 5-5-2-5. Konstantin-1-9-0-9-0-8-9-8-Tatiana-Oksana-Anna-Elena-Pavel-Schuka. Konstantin 8-4. 9-7-5-5-9-Tatiana. Anna Larisa Uliyana-9-4-1-4-3-4-8.” These names are found in some Russian spelling alphabets, similar to the NATO phonetic alphabet.

www.brainreleasevalve.com...

[edit on 5/6/2010 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm betting a power outage or it broke. I also bet they don't bother to fix it, since it is a worthless waist of energy.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I've been listening to some of the recordings from different people on YouTube. Why is it that the tempo and duration is the same on all but the tones are at a different pitch?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
They messed with the pitch years ago if I remember correctly. You also have to bear in mind that some recording equipment is better quality. Reproduction will be limited by the quality of the equipment used.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pjslug
I've been listening to some of the recordings from different people on YouTube. Why is it that the tempo and duration is the same on all but the tones are at a different pitch?

I would say down to bade recording or distortion. It should be a natural E pitch according my above link (check it also for the voice break)

It features one of the most unusual, mysterious, and widely discussed broadcast contents on the shortwave dial: a short, monotonous (E-natural) buzz tone, repeating at a rate of approximately 25 tones per minute (sample sound), for 23 hours and 10 minutes per day (transmitter maintenance apparently takes place between 7:00 and 7:50 GMT

Interesting that it says it also used to have regular maintenance. Obviously it wouldnt have had maintenance unless it was important right?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then

Yhea I was thinking that since it's become quite common knowledge due to internet rumours they've either gone with a different system or there is simply no need for it any more.

Or maybe it's the digital switchover!

Well, in fact in the U.S. apparently the government or even military will be using the analog signals, or so is the claim being made, unless some new explanation has come about, so the people using digital are civilians, and yes the military/government also use digital, but for what reason would they force people to switch over? Anyway, as far as i know the same has not happened in Russia.

If we go by the facts, this signal has been continuous for years, or even decades since the times of the U.S.S.R., and with a few exceptions it has only been noise.

Since this has been a military signal it makes sense that it means one of two things. One it signals the commencement of a military operation, or two, it signals the end of a military operation.

It is kind of strange that the U.S.S.R. "supposedly" ended in 1991 but that they would keep on transmitting 19 years later, and they choose to stop the transmission now, so my guess is that it means the number one choice. But then again there could be some other explanation for it.

[edited for errors]

[edit on 5-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by Now_Then

Yhea I was thinking that since it's become quite common knowledge due to internet rumours they've either gone with a different system or there is simply no need for it any more.

Or maybe it's the digital switchover!

Well, in fact in the U.S. apparently the government or even military will be using the analog signals, or so is the claim being made, unless some new explanation has come about, so the people using digital are civilians, and yes the military/government also use digital, but for what reason would they force people to switch over? Anyway, as far as i know the same has not happened in Russia.

If we go by the facts, this signal has been continuous for years, or even decades since the times of the U.S.S.R., and with a few exceptions it has only been noise.

Since this has been a military signal it makes sense that it means one of two things. One it signals the commencement of a military operation, or two, it signals the end of a military operation.

It is kind of strange that the U.S.S.R. "supposedly" ended in 1989 but that they would keep on transmitting 21 years later, and they choose to stop the transmission now, so my guess is that it means the number one choice. But then again there could be some other explanation for it.

That sounds reasonable, but using the signal 21 years later and then the signal goes out? There have been some strange symbolism being used as of late from the Illuminati causing fear. But this just so friggin strange!

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Actually the signal has been transmitting since 1982, which means it has been running for 32 years, and that means it has been running since the supposed "Russian coup" in 1991 (I made a mistake and put it at 1989, was thinking about something else) which means it has been running for 19 years since the so called "end of Communism."

But this being a military signal, which was started during the era of Communism, so why would it had continued running for 19 years after the so called "coup" and the "end of Communism"? and why would they choose to stop it now?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by g146541
Because most of the time he has a well presented reason for things and it seems to make sense.
I must remember to get his recipe for cornbread, i hear he's quite the cook too.

Not really. Most of the time he just makes conclusions based on his limited knowledge and when he is shown to be wrong he doesn't admit it. But anyway you are free to make your own Phage's church if you want.

That is not entirely true. I've proven him wrong and he has admitted that I was "half right" LOL!

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The topic of this thread is: Russian Radio Signal UVB-76 has stopped transmitting.. UH-OH NOT other members. Keep to the topic!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

the buzzing abruptly stopped to be replaced by a short series of beeps, and a male voice speaking Russian announced: "Ya — UVB-76. 18008. BROMAL: Boris, Roman, Olga, Mikhail, Anna, Larisa. 742, 799, 14

bromal [ˈbrəʊməl]
n
(Medicine) a yellowish oily synthetic liquid formerly used medicinally as a sedative and hypnotic; tribromoacetaldehyde.

Weird

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join