It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

Sorry, the part of your mind which was typing "you would be in the loony bin" was not calm.
Have I shown any signs of getting angry with you? Was that the object of the exercise?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Adam and Eve were cast out and Jonah was eaten by a whale - I don't know what point you are making.

You're not thinking very deeply.

God could've just "dealt with" Adam and Eve since they sinned, since he has every right to do so. Instead, he provided a way of forgiveness so that they could have a relationship with him.

The story of Jonah is more than Jonah being eaten by a way. The story revolves around Jonah's preaching of repentance to Nineveh. If they didn't repeat, God was going to punish the city. The Ninevites repented though, and God showed mercy on them and forgave them.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I do believe the Bible, and as DISRAEL pointed out, there are no such teachings in the Old Testament. It only seems that way when people distort the teachings and remove them from proper context.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Ok, I will put it like this - if you had God for a father you would be in the loony bin.

If you believe the bible you would be in the loony bin.

Your thread is based on questions, which people are trying to answer for you. You clearly don't want answers to your questions, and have already made up your mind, so, what's the point?

Clearly, with what you typed, you are not here to learn, but to make offensive comments to people, who believe, or not.

With your own research, and conclusions, your answers can be answered, by yourself.

link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

All I am trying to find out is why Jesus was a carer of people and god was a damner of people, and for that matter, why did the people whom god damned go to satan, even though satan was a fallen angel?

Why did god do this?

link   

The bible is to blame for wars and insanity.

No, people, some who misuse the Bible, are to blame for war.

Other issues are to blame for insanity.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Yes, all the time in the Old Testament.

Have you ever actually read the Old Testament, or are you just basing your belief off of what others have said? Like I said before, there are people that go out of their way to distort biblical teaching so that they can disregard the Bible.

That is why I hate the bible, which is a load of lies.

Ah, I see. A load of lies you say? I'm sure someone would have noticed that after some four thousand years.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

All I am trying to find out is why Jesus was a carer of people and god was a damner of people, and for that matter, why did the people whom god damned go to satan, even though satan was a fallen angel?

God is a carer of people too.
There are laws in Deuteronomy trying to stop people killing each other in family feuds. Think about why those laws are there.
There are laws in Deuteronomy trying to stop people being enslaved for debt. Think about why those laws are there.

As for Satan, I refer you to the attached link;

Satan fell from Heaven

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I love these type of questions...obviously, we have someone that is sincere and just doesn't know.

The Old testament understanding of God is like your understanding of your father, or a father when you were a small child... authoritative, the disciplinarian, loving but stern.

As we mature, our understanding of him grows...by the teens we think we know more then he does, and frankly, can't stand him...however, he stands aside and lets us paint ourselves into a corner, and when we need him, he comes to our aide...and we are hopefully wiser.

By the time we are an adult, our relationship with our father has matured also, and although we respect him, he is no longer the stern, harsh disciplinarian...but hopefully, our relationship has grown and we see him as a loving, tender, sensitive, authority figure that loves us and did what he thought was best, the best he could while raising us.

That is how it is with God. He loves us, and while still immature in our understanding of Him, we may ask why...and God says, "Because I said so." As our understanding of God matures and grows richer...we start to grow closer to Him, and the edges soften...and we see that God does love us and forgives us dailey... and that although we, as humans, think we are smart...we realize how much smarter and greater God is over time.

If you will read the Bible, you will see a "family history" of Israel and Jesus. That is why the importance of lineage and "begatting" is emphasized. We see love so often...read Hosea, whom God directed to marry a harlot. Hosea loves here and tries to do for her, but each day she betrays his love for the worldly riches and pleasures....yet, Hosea forgives her. And God points out that is what He does for us, He loves us that much.

The infamous killings and destructions that so many bring up to deface God, we need to do a little digging to find why...what was the context?

For instance,God destroyed the world with a flood because it had turned darkly evil, and contaminated with hybrids from fallen angels breeding with human women. Read the Book of Enoch...far more descriptive than the other books of the Bible. The earth was reduced to cannibalism, depravity of the worst sense... sex with anyone and any animal, fighting and killing on a worldly basis... yes, God said I created this and gave man a chance, and look what has happened. I will start over...and He did.

Yet look at David, he became a king, but lusted after a man's wife, had him killed and then took the woman for himself... God chided David, and punished him, but afterwards...forgave him.

To begin your walk with God and see what Chrisitianity....TRUE Christianity is...I suggest reading Matthew 5-6-7..the Sermon on the Mount.

God Bless You.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

OMG read the bible, as people keep telling me - he is about fire and death, and I would say brimstone - that is hell stuff.

But I will save you from having to read the bible, which I think is full of lies, but for some reason, god is about punishment and hell, and Jesus is about love and being saved.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Most of the death and destruction in the Bible comes at the hands of man. remember, the Old Testament covers a few thousand years...the New Testament covers about 70 years at best. So naturally, there are more wars... political upheavals... social and political and religious conflicts...most if not all the result of man... not God.

As said before, when God intervenes, usually there is some terrible event taking place... ie The Plagues of Egypt to force pharoah to release the Hebrews from bondage, the destruction of Jericho... because it was a region and city filled with giants/nephillium/cross breeds of fallen angels and man...Sodom and Gommorah filled with depravity, evil continuously.

Generally, God intervenes on the side of those that are righteous and follow him, not pagan/false/foreign gods. That is what is referred to so often as spiritual adultery. He will not tolerate that... not in the least.

As for Hell, God tries to save us from Hell...He offers us comfort and peace and too often, we refuse it. We toy with hell the way a person toys with death by walking up the middle of two lanes on an interstate.... God is pleading with us to get out of the road, you are gonna get killed... come over here and get out of the road.

That is the way God is calling to us when we walk the worldly and selfish and hedonistic way....Please come here and take refuge. Are you listening?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

The trinity, originally, wasn't accepted until the Roman's decided it was official policy and ostracized the other Christian sects that didn't believe in a trinity.

The Bible really doesn't say that God is one being in three persons and to my knowledge the only time all three are mentioned together is when Jesus tells people to "baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit". Jesus also says that the Spirit will come after he is gone which is why for a long time it was believed Spirit was subservient to Son who was subservient to the Father - Hence why Jesus seems subservient to the will of the Father and has to beg God to "let the cup pass" from him in Gethsemane.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

OMG read the bible, as people keep telling me

I do read the Bible; daily infact.

he is about fire and death, and I would say brimstone - that is hell stuff.

No. That simply isn't the case. God is the Old Testament is definitely about love and life. Maybe you should actually read it and not just believe what others tell you about it.

which I think is full of lies,

Oh, you only think the Bible is full of lies.

god is about punishment and hell, and Jesus is about love and being saved.

Taken as a whole, the entire Bible is salvation and love or eternal punishment. You do know that Jesus taught that he was the only way to the Father or else you go to hell, right?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
God = The Light/The Force/Collective Conscious

The Father = Your Higher Self - the body is made in this image

The Son = Your Physical Body

Holy Ghost/Spirit = Your Soul/Astral Body

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Thank you for bothering to reply to a mental patient.

I wonder why.

Also thank you for being so judgemental.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Thank you to everyone who has replied.

No answer then.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join