It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As the Sun Awakens, NASA Keeps a Wary Eye on Space Weather

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
wow i guess a few people were offtopic? anyway This is a very interesting story I wonder if something does happen would they tell us the whole truth, or would they still hide bits and pieces...

[edit on 5-6-2010 by AtruthGuy]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not having researched the sun and its cycles can I ask a few questions from a laymans point of view?

Am I right in assuming that the Solar Maxim" is cyclical and comes round every 10, 11, 12, 13 years?

If it is cyclical, what makes this cycle more dangerous than the last?

Surely we have lived through this situation before, in my case 4 times if Im right with yearly cycle?

If its technology that is under threat...why cant we live without that technology, we have before. or have all the sattalites etc been launched in the time period when the sun was at its minimum?

Respects

[edit on 5-6-2010 by captiva]

[edit on 5-6-2010 by captiva]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
God told us it would be bad so get ready. I'm sure the sun will be a major player in these end time events that all the ancients seen. Another star entering our solar system would effect us big time and its coming as a brown dwarf. WORMWOOD!!!

actually GOD didnt say anything...
A collection of ME wrote in a book, that GOd told THEM it would get bad so get ready...
lets no confuse the two =]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My prediction: 2012, biggest solar flare wipes out electricity for years and years. When we have the option to turn it back on, people refuse. A new dawn for humanity..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Interesting and plausible conjecture. I think this intense solar activity could be caused because the brown dwarf, also called wormwood, is getting closer. So, this could be the beginning of the long ordeal for the people on earth for the next two to three years. NASA can lie about the brown dwarf but they can not lie about the solar flare because it will affect our lives very quickly. When the Mercury, Venus and Saturn are all aligned, the Sun could blow up to swallow the Mercury and Venus. Earth will be out of the range but the intense heat and radiation could devastate all of the earth life forms. It is noted that this can trigger most of the thermo nuclear weapons in the world spotaneously because the trigger electronics can not withstand such an intense electronic surge of the energy. Whoever has the most nuclear weapons will regret for having them in the first place.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva

If its technology that is under threat...why cant we live without that technology, we have before. or have all the sattalites etc been launched in the time period when the sun was at its minimum?

My guess is we are dependant on our technology more now than ever and we have more satellites in the sky too.
Think about if you could not use anything electric or even battery powered, no light no phone no motor car, not a single luxury. No computer 0.o

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I dont think NASA would look into this further if they didnt expect a 'risk', interesting times are ahead and this needs to be watched.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Looks like the sun is evolving?

Who is to say that stars and planets aren't conscious beings?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

"THEY" have the looking glass - they know exactly what is coming.

If you look - the oil in the gulf, the sun waking up, so called global warming - they know the why where when and how. They did nothing, but could have. They are just letting nature take its un-natural course.

Universe hoppin - its a quantum physics thing

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Global Awakening Arranged by God

If not this time the next!

SOUL CONVERSION

SYNCHRONIZATION GLOBALLY

WHO IS GOD? I KNOW!

FLAME ON!

TOG

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This could become an interesting thread. Too bad about the trolls ruining whole pages.

One of the reasons for the research at HAARP is this exact thing. It will be interesting to see the realization that that study is relevant and needed.

Or, is this another fear mongering campaign like the Global Warming farce? Do these people really know enough to predict this? Is there a political element to this announcement? Perhaps to emphasize the importance of NASA's research to get more funding?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join