It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you consider it a compliment or an insult if your avatar or avatar BG was copied?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

If I, for example, found the picture in my avatar being used elsewhere on ATS as someone's avatar, I probably wouldn't take much notice. In saying that, the current picture in my avatar, with the Aussie flag wrapped around the girl, is not a very common find, so I'd think it was pretty cool that they were using the same photo.
However, if my avatar design, a result of an original idea and personal touch, had been copied or obviously slightly tweaked by someone else I would be p*ssed. I may be a little complimented by the action but then the insolence would set in.
If a person doesn't have the decency to contact me and ask for my personal permission to use or tweak my avatar design, I would be less than impressed to say the least.

Give credit where credit is due.
In the spirit of things I should note that my avatar photo is courtesy of Nirrimi Hakanson.

[edit on 6/6/10 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Well since mine has my name in it and since another member made it for me, I wouldn't be too thrilled, but it would be a compliment for IRM since he made it.hin avy has personal meaning behind it which is why I asked IRM to make it. I love it too! I couldn't do that if I tried, although I am learning photoshop so you never know. I think I will keep this one for a while though.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Right or wrong, I'd pitch a fit if someone used my angel. lol KL made it for me over a year ago or so. So, yeah. I'd have them take it down if someone ripped it off.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
So, yeah. I'd have them take it down if someone ripped it off.

Well, members stealing moderator's avatars would be just plain silly ... what kind of immature, self absorbed asshat would do such a thing and stuff.

*now where did I put that unicorn ...*

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Technically, that is MY unicorn and I want it back!

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I would be abit creeped out if someone used my avatar but thats only because my pic is in it, when I change it to a non me pic an if someone copies it, then I would take it as a compliment

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Oh my goodness. I bet that would be extremely uncomfortable!

There is another member who looks very similar to me and they use their photo as their avatar. Fortunately they don't post often but when they do and I am scrolling through a thread where they post, I see their pic from the corner of my eye and launch into a panic until I realize it's not me. lol

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Do you mean the pink one? It's in your avatars photo album on your ATS media profile. I saw it when I was looking through your avatars. I might have used it .. if it weren't PINK and didn't have someone else's name on it.

Just trying to be helpful...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join