It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Andrew Card's behavior after informing Bush of attack suggests complicity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What does Andrew Card do right after giving arguably the worst news one can give a President?

Card IMMEDIATELY backs away.

He doesn't even wait to see if the President would respond to him after he just told him supposedly "surprising" and "shocking" horrifying news. It's as if Card knew Bush wouldn't respond.

And what does it say that the President of the United States, who just received the worst news a President wants to hear, not only didn't respond to the person who just gave him this horrifying news, but didn't even LOOK at the person giving this supposedly "surprising" and "shocking" news?!

An innocent person who was just told horrifying news that they had no clue about would not only respond to a person giving them such terrible news, but would also give a knee-jerk "WTF look" to the person telling them this if it was truly a surprise, even if they were in the middle of an event in front of the cameras.

Bush not responding to, or even LOOKING at Andrew Card after being told "America was under attack" by him suggests complicity and Card immediately backing away from the President as if he knew Bush wouldn't respond suggests complicity too. It's as if they rehearsed it.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

S&F great topic, I have to agree with you on this. Its looks like they already knew and this was their dog and pony show. It was like saying look the President was just told the bad news doesn’t he handle it well. Well the fact is he handles it to well, for a bumbling idiot.

Oh, we are going to see the OS believers saying, Oh, but the President was thinking about the children and didn’t want to upset them and all those excuses.

You are right Bush doesn’t even look at Andrew Card un- flipping believable.

If you are going to deliver the worst news, you would wait a moment after delivery to get the Presidents orders, or response. Doesn’t make any sense.
How did the camera operator know when to do a close up of George Bush face at that moment he was told.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by impressme]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Talk about trying to make something out of nothing !

How about coming up with some hard facts to support conspiracy theories ?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

In all fainess I dont believe the OS but he may have just told Bush the news and to "come with me" hence backing away.

The zoom into BUsh's face may have been done after. You'd need the original footage to check...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Bush is a psychopathic lover of torturing human beings.

I am not sure an unelected monster like that would respond in any seemingly human way.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

I am not sure an unelected monster like that would respond in any seemingly human way.

lol...Since you claim he was "unelected" I vote to get him elected *again* for 8 more years!

With any luck perhaps he could set his sights on you instead of waterboarding any slimeball terrorists.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

Talk about grasping at straws.

Once again, we appearantly have some posters that think Bush should have immeadiately jumped up and ran from the room and that because he did not, it means they knew what was going to happen. What a crock.

The President of the United States does not EVER panic and bolt from a room. He is expected to be calm, and measured in response to a crisis, no matter who he is. Nor does the Secret Service immeadiately rush in and grab the man, absent a clear and present danger to his well-being. On that day, George Bush did the right thing by spending that extra couple minutes in the classroom. His advisors were gathering information, the Secret Service was rescouting the area around the school. He spent a couple of minutes conveying calm to those kids....when he fully knew their world was going to change the next time he spoke to the nation.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank

Bushie Jr. had a look that said: " Holy S---t !!! The neocons finally did it.....daddy said not to be suprised at anything that happened today and he should know!!".

Bush was too stupid and unreliable to let in on the secret....so CHENEY ran the show and herded GeorgieBoy around until he had the story together. CHENEY is the traitor and murderer....and likley those are the least of his sins.

I would give a lot to be able to watch Cheney being taken to Hell by demons when his black heart finally beats its last...he deserves no less.

Of course, all the PNAC traitors should also.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by ATH911

In all fainess I dont believe the OS but he may have just told Bush the news and to "come with me" hence backing away.

If Card said that, you'd expect Bush to at least look at him and nod, not turn the other way and nod.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ATH911]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
Talk about grasping at straws.
Once again, we appearantly have some posters that think Bush should have immeadiately jumped up and ran from the room
The President of the United States does not EVER panic and bolt from a room.

Talk about making yourself look foolish. No one has ever suggested Bush panic and run out of the room. You Bush apologists always give that as if it was the only other option. Why don't you guys ever say "What did you'd expect him to do, politely excuse himself and calmly walk out of the room?"

Nor does the Secret Service immeadiately rush in and grab the man, absent a clear and present danger to his well-being.

Like the Pentagon?

On that day, George Bush did the right thing by spending that extra couple minutes in the classroom.

What possible good does it do in the midst of a terror attack for the POTUS to spend a couple of extra minutes cut-off from his military and advisers?!? Sure glad YOU are not President.

And btw, Bush didn't just "spend a couple of extra minutes" in the room like he needed to collect his thoughts. He stayed until the reading event was OVER. Explain that one.

He spent a couple of minutes conveying calm to those kids....when he fully knew their world was going to change the next time he spoke to the nation.

Um, no one in that room but Card and Bush knew anything was wrong, especially the kids, so no conveying of calm was needed.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I always read Bush's response in that moment as "deer in the headlights" shock. He had been told prior to going into the classroom that a plane had hit the first tower and his response was, famously, "that's some bad pilot." He didn't even consider that maybe such a tragedy/accident (which he seemed to think it was) might warrant canceling that current photo-op and and dealing with bigger matters.

Then, when he's told in the middle of the class about the second plane, he obviously has to know it's a terrorist attack. But he doesn't know what to do, panics and sits there listening to the "My Pet Goat" story for like another 20 minutes, or whatever, instead of being a President and dealing with the crisis. He just failed the test of leadership there in the biggest way possible.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

Talk about making yourself look foolish. No one has ever suggested Bush panic and run out of the room. You Bush apologists always give that as if it was the only other option. Why don't you guys ever say "What did you'd expect him to do, politely excuse himself and calmly walk out of the room?"

No one has ever suggested that Bush should have run out of the room? Those must be some incredible blinders that you wear when reading threads on here, I've seen numerous postings from people like you (and if I look hard enough, pretty sure I will find one authored by you) that state Bush should have immeadiately left the room.

Like the Pentagon?

Like the Pentagon in Arlington, Virginia? You do realize that the President was in FLORIDA right? Quite a ways from ANY of the attacks that day. In other words, no clear and present danger to the President at the school.

What possible good does it do in the midst of a terror attack for the POTUS to spend a couple of extra minutes cut-off from his military and advisers?!? Sure glad YOU are not President.

What good does it do for the President to scare the kids, just to go into another room and wait for his advisors to get him the information he needs to have to make decisions? Absolutely NO good is accomplished.

And btw, Bush didn't just "spend a couple of extra minutes" in the room like he needed to collect his thoughts. He stayed until the reading event was OVER. Explain that one.

He was in the room for another 7-8 minutes.

Um, no one in that room but Card and Bush knew anything was wrong, especially the kids, so no conveying of calm was needed.

You certainly are a crappy researcher. EVERY reporter in that room was getting pages about what was going and a couple even tried to ask him something, which he told them to stop. In addition, Ari Flesicher had written a message on his clipboard saying "DONT SAY ANYTHING YET" and had shown it to the President.

Even if he had immeadiately left the room, it would have done no good. We were woefully unprepared for the type of attack we faced on that day.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911
What does Andrew Card do right after giving arguably the worst news one can give a President?

Card IMMEDIATELY backs away.

He doesn't even wait to see if the President would respond to him after he just told him supposedly "surprising" and "shocking" horrifying news. It's as if Card knew Bush wouldn't respond.

And what does it say that the President of the United States, who just received the worst news a President wants to hear, not only didn't respond to the person who just gave him this horrifying news, but didn't even LOOK at the person giving this supposedly "surprising" and "shocking" news?!

An innocent person who was just told horrifying news that they had no clue about would not only respond to a person giving them such terrible news, but would also give a knee-jerk "WTF look" to the person telling them this if it was truly a surprise, even if they were in the middle of an event in front of the cameras.

Bush not responding to, or even LOOKING at Andrew Card after being told "America was under attack" by him suggests complicity and Card immediately backing away from the President as if he knew Bush wouldn't respond suggests complicity too. It's as if they rehearsed it.

You cant possibly hypothesize accurately what the presidents reaction to the worst terrorist attack in history should be, nor anyone else's, as nothing like it had ever happened.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jprophet420

Blow me, I just starred you. I'm feeling a bit faint but, perhaps in a minute or two, I will be able to walk and get a beer !

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
You cant possibly hypothesize accurately what the presidents reaction to the worst terrorist attack in history should be, nor anyone else's, as nothing like it had ever happened.

So you're saying that during the "worst terrorist attack in history" it's impossible to hypothesise that the US President and Commander in Chief of the armed forces should ask a single question or take a single action for 20 minutes?

What an astonishing claim!

What amazes me more, is that he was not impeached after the footage was shown. He exposed his office as that of figurehead with no decision making rôle. For the sake of appearances he later felt it necessary to declare,"But I'm the decider".

In his address to the nation the following day, he said, "Immediately following the first attack, I implemented our government's emergency response plans."

However you try to spin it, the documentary evidence that later emerged proves categorically that he was lying to the nation. We give him leeway by assuming he meant by "first attack" the second plane, but even after this second attack the record shows he was not involved in immediately implementing any response whatsoever.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by EvilAxis]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Andrew Card: Mr. President, phase one of the operation is complete. The plane has hit the tower.

George Bush: (telepathically) Excellent! Now back away slowly, I am with my peers and I want to find out what happens to the bah bah black sheep.

This is a really good catch that I never thought of before. To me you are 100% right because my first reaction to hearing that a commercial airliner had a hit one of the biggest buildings in NYC was of shock and disbelief. I was like “WAA WTF?! How!? When!?” and I wanted to see it for myself on television. The President, whose actual job is to protect the country, should have been out of his chair immediately trying to get a grasp of the situation with his center command. But instead he sits there like he didn’t even hear what had just been said to him.

To me Bush looks anxious and nervous like he knows that he and buddies are about to commit treason and murder thousands by engaging the biggest event and worst attack on American soil ever. He is definitely not his normal loose and joking self. He is waiting for the initial intel from the first stage. He knows what’s up, he is just trying to remember his instructions.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I am not a supporter of the official fairytale of 9/11. I am also not a supporter of Bush and in my opinion he is one of the worst Presidents this country has ever known.

Now that I have said that, I am in agreement with some here that this is really grasping at straws. Think of it this way....

You are the President of the free world. Every move you make, every facial expression you make, any reaction you give is under very close scrutiny. All Presidents know this, they know not to give any outward reaction, you react with words, which are also carefully chosen for you.

I would expect Bush to not say anything to the Agent who gave him the info. What would you expect him say? Why would you expect him to say anything in front of a bunch of school children, teachers, and whomever else was in the room? Would you expect him to discuss whats going on ask for more detail in front of people who would not be a part of a meeting in the White House? Make no mistake about it, Bush has all eyes on him. He is the reason why all those kids and adults were gathered together in that room. He was the man of honor..and you expect him to discuss something about National Security in front of them? As the worst terror attack in US History was taking place, people were on a need to know basis..and the people in that room did not need to know. That in my opinion would be expected. So I am not shocked he didn't respond vocally...

Now about his "WTF" look, what would you expect? Again you are dealing with a p[erson who is under close scrutiny for anything they do. A "WTF look", as you put it, could very well be perceived as a weakness. "Why is he looking at him like that after being given the news? Is he that out of touch? Did he think something like this could never happen? How naive is he?" and those are just questions off the top of my head that I would ask if Bush were to give a look of panic under this situation.

We are talking about The President of the United States, if he has the shocked, confused, lost look of the Average Joe when given news of a Crisis situation, than he has no business being President of the country or president of a fan club. Ideally, I want my President to have a cold stare and I want to be able to see the wheels turning in his head while he thinks about what he was told and what it means.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Andrew Card: Mr. President, phase one of the operation is complete. The plane has hit the tower.

George Bush: (telepathically) Excellent! Now back away slowly, I am with my peers and I want to find out what happens to the bah bah black sheep.

This is a really good catch that I never thought of before. To me you are 100% right because my first reaction to hearing that a commercial airliner had a hit one of the biggest buildings in NYC was of shock and disbelief. I was like “WAA WTF?! How!? When!?” and I wanted to see it for myself on television. The President, whose actual job is to protect the country, should have been out of his chair immediately trying to get a grasp of the situation with his center command. But instead he sits there like he didn’t even hear what had just been said to him.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

[sarcasm] Yes! You are correct! That's just what you want to see from the President of the United States while the country is under attack.... PANIC! [/sarcasm]

I agree he should have left the room. However he should have politely cut his time short and taken his leave instead of spending another 10 mins there reading a story about a goat.

As I said in my previous post, do you really want to see the same reaction from The President (a person who is supposed to have more information, more intelligence about world affairs, react the same as you would? The same as the guy in the cubicle next to you? The same as Joe the plumber? I think not.

In a situation like that, you don't want your President showing any kind of reaction that can be perceived as weak or not knowing what to do.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Yes, I would. I would have liked Bush to show some concern or emotion. 9/11 was the single biggest event in my life time and his presidency.

To show no emotion and not have any questions about a hijacked commercial airliner flying straight into one of the biggest buildings in New York City while you are President of the United States of America means you either don't care enough, or knew it was going to happen.

Of course he didn't have to do it all crazy like I did, but he could have at least asked follow up questions, got off his ass, and began trying to take control of the situation. Think of how many government officials needed to get a hold of him.

As for scaring little kids, you aren't going to scare them anymore than what they saw on T.V. when they got home from school and saw the rubble with their parents in a zombie like state. If anything the kids would be more comforted because they knew their president was on top of the situation.

Get up and lead. Don't sit there dumbfounded unable to move or speak like someone that wanted to curl up and cry, or someone that was so nervous and anxious because they had preexisting knowledge of the disaster that they didn't need to know any more information.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

The President of the United States does not EVER panic and bolt from a room. He is expected to be calm, and measured in response to a crisis, no matter who he is. Nor does the Secret Service immeadiately rush in and grab the man, absent a clear and present danger to his well-being. On that day, George Bush did the right thing by spending that extra couple minutes in the classroom. His advisors were gathering information, the Secret Service was rescouting the area around the school. He spent a couple of minutes conveying calm to those kids....when he fully knew their world was going to change the next time he spoke to the nation.

I am so delighted to see your response, because you saved me the effort of all the typing!! Well said and intellectually thought out.

Just because i am in a mood today, i would like to add, had that been Obama sitting in that room, receiving that news, he would have wet his panties, thrown his hands up and run screaming like the little girl he is!!

Thank God it was Bush there and not Obama or Lord forbid Gore!!

Pax

[edit on 5-6-2010 by paxnatus]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join