It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama postpones Australia visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Obama postpones Australia visit

news.smh.com.au

United States President Barack Obama has postponed his trip to Australia for the second time.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said Mr Obama had spoken to Prime Minister Kevin Rudd to inform him of his decision.

The president had also spoken to Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono to tell him he had postponed a scheduled visit to Indonesia.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Obama has time and time again, unable to leave the United States, canceling his trips again.

Why wouldn't he go? Oh, he has to take the blame for the oil spill caused by BP, because Big Oil owns him and the globalist elite own him.

Obama said that the buck stops with him (instead of his globalist elite handlers, who rule the country from behind the scenes).

news.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I went to Melbourne for the Grand Prix at the end of March.

Did the usual touristy things, and my other 1/2 broke his belt. We looked through about 10 different stands that have belts before he found one he liked.

Looking at belt buckles and stuff, why on earth would they have an Obama belt buckle in Melbourne, Australia. They didn't have one of KRudd.

I wouldnt have bought one with any politicians head on it, I think they are all full of piss and wind!

Just thought it weird...

MM

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MissMegs

Simple, have you looked close at Rudd's face??

Actually I wouldn't want any poloticians face near that part of my anatomy...

BTW, hope you liked my hometown

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Err, I dislike Obama as much as any other politician...but I must say this..
If he decided to visit, he'd get flack for doing so... if he doesn't show, he'd get flack for doing so..

..so which is it..?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

Im in Australia. All I can say is he has canceled twice, both times with little notice.
THats not only rude but you do realise people actually plan for these things.
I'm sure many in and outside polotics would have altered their schedule to welcome him..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Aussies have a healthy mistust for any Pollie? or is that Polly?

Obama and anything american I observed was trendy in the time I lived there, I think Aussies genuinely like Yanks, as they do the Brits.
(and Irish:up

Rudd is teetering on the edges of pantomine performance, Obama is not.
An Obama beer label in Oz wouls sell, a Rudd one would be left on the shelf?
But I do admire him on his mine s super tax(if he is fair dinkum) or is it just a smokescreen to cover up the insulation fire scandal?
I would love to shake hands with Obama, he hasnt yet sold out 100%.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

He rules the world you see... that is why you can pay to have his face so close to your penis.

But in reality he doesn't want to waste his time in stinky old Australia with all its bogans and old and what have we! Australia ain't a tourist destination in winter. Especially for the ruler of the world.

I swear I've seen, over his term so far, him go from conservative to Bush radicalist!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Pollys in Australia are like everywhere else, in for what they can get and as corrupt as hell.

Rudd is making a few good calls lately but guess what?
None will take effect till after the next election.
And we dont know when that is yet apart from it has to be this year...
That bugs me!!!! Why dont we have set election dates...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Dont bag my home...Half of Australia is tropical..Winter is still very hot...

You should visit before bagging

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Maybe our security isnt up to scratch like last time George Bush jr was here

You may have seen this but its always good for a laugh
www.bing.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
This is a pretty interesting clip - must see:

Its just because he if facing trouble on the homefront (re: Oil Spill), don't get your knickers in a twist.

I am personally looking forward to him getting here, just to see what kind of things he gets up to etc.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Im in Queensland fool.... and i call it sarcasm.

Its only the first month of winter and it ain't that hot buddy! I wouldn't be going to the beach on the sunniest of days.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Yet another snub from Obama. Hopefully he is impeached on criminal charges before he thinks about coming down here again. His lack of commitment to our relationship and the constant snubs already make him unwelcome here. If he had criminal charges, he wouldn't even get a VISA.

This is what the second time he has cancelled? Or the third? Bush wasn't even so rude.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

You dont sound Australian, way too vulgar...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Obama isn't snubbing Australia. That's ridiculous. If you haven't heard, we have a national crisis on our hands. Sorry if that inconveniences you.

He's going to the Gulf instead

Mr. Obama on Friday will make his second trip in a week to the Gulf, for meetings with federal and local officials, business owners and residents affected by the spill. He was criticized after his trip a week ago—when he toured a beach with officials and picked up marble-size balls of tar—for failing to meet with local people whose livelihoods are threatened by the widening slick.

It amazes me that people will attack him if he goes somewhere and attack him if he doesn't. He truly cannot win.

I'm furious about his lack of response to the Gulf. But if he took off for an international visit while we sit here soaking in oil, it would turn me against him completely. And I'll bet a year's salary that those who are attacking him for canceling would attack him for leaving, too.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It is within his interest to place the state first at this present point in time, which is understandable. I do not think there is another motive to why he isn't showing, but that does not mean I think he is an effective leader..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Why wouldn't he go?

Maybe because of this?

Secret Service Arrives in Australia to Protect Obama

He really isn't well liked, maybe the risk out-weighed the benefit

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
dammit i was hoping they would keep him:p

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link