It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Trucking in USA Means More Jobs for Others and Lower Wages for Americans.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
gmcnulty we have found common grounds to agree on something "wow"

2. It is expect that only 1 in 50 of the Mexican truck crossing the border will be inspected. What a wonderful way for terrorist to deliver nukes to all our major cities. Think I�m crazy? It will never happen? Well, just remember this as many as 50- 20 K devises are missing from the Soviet stock piles in one of those �Stans countries bordering Afghanistan.

Forget enviromental rules, insurance, drugs and illegal immigrants looking for work - this just makes the door wide open for terrorism.

From day one when Clinton signed NAFTA till now I have thought this was one STUPID move on our governments part.

I would prefer to pay more for goods in order to keep jobs here and maintain some semblence of security.

My oldest brother has made his living as an independent trucker for 25 years.
The freight rates have been driven down by conglomerates to very low levels when compared to operating and capitol costs of these rigs. Regulation is overbearing and onerous. Fuel costs have gone up while rates have stagnated. Independant drivers have only one way to make up the increased cost of doing business - drive more hours which leads to safety hazards.

If you think trucks are dangerous now, wait five or ten years when a majority of them are driven by low paid non professional non-citizens that could have a care for your safety or the laws in this country.

And it will only take ONE with a warhead on it to radically alter the landscape of your city.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'd be interested to hear the Canadian side as well. Don't we "outsource" to Canada more than any other nation? If Canada's economy got out of it's current slump, wouldn't it flood us with cheaper Canadian exports, hurting us? Whenever people start talking about Mexicans, they come off as sounding racist, especially when they don't mention our white friends from the North, who have the capabilty to be just as devastating to our economy.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
curme it a good point when it comes to timber and paper among other things, I fail to see millions of Canadians streaming across the border however.

But you are right in the respect that if these trucks are not checked before entry then who really knows what they carry.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
[Whenever people start talking about Mexicans, they come off as sounding racist, especially when they don't mention our white friends from the North, who have the capabilty to be just as devastating to our economy.]

Yes the canadians have made a big impact on Trucking and Logging as well as many other industries. I do not feel that the skin tone is the issue at all because the Canadians have the same standard of living as we do they will not work for peanuts. Due to that fact the impact has not been as drastic as what the influx of millions more Mexicans will have on all of us.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Amen Brother.................the way thing are going going for the low cost labor to sell product to the middle class...........have they ever thought what their going to do when there' no more middle class folks to sell to?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Bush has really crossed a line with me on this one.

When are we going to stop pandering to that poor excuse for a country south of us.

This makes me think Hoffa needs to jump out of his unmarked grave and kick some serious tail Washington way.

It's official. I am NOT voting for Bush this election.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don�t think Jimmy�s going to make it.

He�s in the concrete footings for a support column on the east side at the 20 yd. line in Giant Stadium at the Meadowlands in New Jersey.

How�s about that? They didn�t even give him good seats.

On the 20 yd line behind a pole with the sun in your face����.Jessssssssssz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How bad is that?

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This is an example of why it burns me when people call Bush a "conservative".
Those who understand what conservatism is know that Bush really doesn't qualify as one. They are moving the two parties together so as to meld them together, just as they are trying to do the entire world.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Here is some more info on the subject for those who would like to know.
www.natlaw.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
gmcnulty we have found common grounds to agree on something "wow"

A Double wow-zowie...........

I always held out hope for you.

...........just kid-din

Yeah. This is down right a dumb thing to do. During the Senate debates I was screaming at the TV I was so irked with those sell-outs in the Republican party....................angry, I were

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Um, Curme.......

Its pretty obvious the issues here, quit bringing race into like some whining commiecrat.

The problems are simple. canada, at least, makes its citizens have liscences and insurance to drive, plus has better environmental laws better enforced than mexico.

Look at a Canadian truck VS a Mexican truck. Cut this race crap out. Mexican trucks are shoddy in construction, a serious road hazard, and the drivers have less security and safety standards to abide by.

Like securing a load properly to a truck. And making sure it meets standards. The US and canada have higher safety standards than mexico. Unless mexico is forced to comply with similar regulations and safety, thier trucks would be a serious safety issue for the public.

When Mexico gets thier # together, then well talk. But Ill be damned if Im gonna agree with having unsafe mexican trucks on my damn freeways, where an improperly hitched trailer, or badlt secured load, comes lose and causes a deadly accident.

And, looking at canada's current population, and its current growth, Ill have to say, Canada hasnt really done much to hrt our job market, and our road safety, ect, not nearly as bad as Mexico.

Cuz Mexicans work for less than canadians do. Eventually, the jobs will slip out of canada too.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I have been in the Trucking Industry for over 31 years, so I feel slightly qualified to comment on this one.

Since NAFTA and GHATT, I have watched the Textile industry in North Carolina and surrounding states close their doors at an alarming rate, the jobs going overseas. The Textile companies left have either automated to the point a plant who would have employed 800 people 20 years ago may have 100 working now. The others have gotten rid of the white folks and black folks and have hired immigrants, usually Mexican, to take their places because they will work cheaper.

To add insult to injury, many supervisors and/or personnel directiors have told me they don't even have to provide health insurance for their foreign laborers. Why you may ask? The bureaucrats from Social Services in North Carolina (probably all other states also) tell the immigrants not to bother with getting health insurence at work and to ask for more money instead because they can get free medical care through the state.....DUH!

Now to the Mexican trucks. As has been established in previous messages, the Mexican trucks aren't as safe as ours. The trucks they use are in many cases vehicles we wore out, couldn't sell to American buyers, and sold in Mexico. An American driver would not drive the sorry, unsafe equipment they do and our companys would never put such vehicles on the road because of the liability. They don't run as good a tires as we do, the tractors and trailers are not maintained as well as Americas trucks and belive me, the Imperial Federal Government forces us to have safe vehicles.

You will be on the highways with drivers who probably can't read English very well, if at all, in equipment American companies and drivers would and could never use, maybe no liability insurance, no hour of service rules, and no strict standards against drug and alcohol usage like we are subject to.

After enough accidents where Americans are killed, guess what, the Feds will of course pass laws...Only it will only further hurt American drivers and companies and do nothing to protect us against the Mexican Killer Trucks.

On the other hand if you remember the truck strike of the early 70's, you will know truckers can be a hostile bunch if sorely provoked. When it comes to their jobs and feeding their families they can be down right nasty. All I can say is it will be hard for the Mexican drivers to do much driving with 18 shot out tires, or sugar in the fuel tanks, or no windshield, and on and on and on, you get the picture.

If you think the neocon Bush Light Vultures or Scary Kerrys bunch of loosers care about American workers, think again. All they care about are their big business, big bankster butt buddies. We are watching America being destroyed from within. When Middle Class ceases to exist, America will cease to exist!

Nuff said
Ghostwolfemoon

top topics

<< 1   >>

join