It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New forest and new species! Mount Mabu,last untouched place on earth!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wahaay. A lost land found, is it possible there could be more?

Those species look beautiful and probably thrived and evolved there due to the lack of human presence.

Maybe humans will now trudge into the land to find out what else is hidden - blow up bits and bombs to find out what lays underneath and who knows what else.

It's great that this is just a piece of land untouched, (not anymore), but lets try to keep it that way no?

Otherwise by the year 2020...99% of it would be torn down.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

Favorite snake by far.
Not sure how slugs and snakes can mate but somehow they worked it out

Happens all the time at the bar I go to. Tequilla works miracles.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
That's an amazing find. But I'm sure it has not been untouched. Most likely the existence is being released now because they have found something natural there that they want to release in a few months. Something that has been made into medicine to cure something devastating would be a nice find.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That beetle is awesome looking.

The “fat” snake looks as though it is a relative of the gaboon viper or rhinoceros viper.

Of course, I love chameleons.

Raist

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by super genius
looking at the shape of that snakes head and body i would guess its SUPER POISONOUS

And it doesn't take a "super genius" to figure that out either. If I saw that snake I would run like hell. There is a reason why no humans live in the last unexplored jungle on Earth, that fat ass snake as been eating them all!! Run! Run for your lives!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
interesting. as an American, I cant wait to eat and/or make a pet out of these animals.

and I cant help but notice there arent any yeti living there....hmmm....

Ignorance all over it. Congrats for mis-representing America to the whole world!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
How is this an unknown forest? The article itself states that scientists were looking for "potential conservation sites", and that the nearby villages new of this place... it's just that this area was "scientifically unexplored"; meaning scientists haven't gone through it.

AND, the article also goes on to say that, well, most of the pictures included in the opening post are of known species... it's the snake that's new, along with some plant life. All those posters going on about "oooo" and "ahhhh"? Yeah, those aren't new.

People... you've been misled, or misinformed... or just commenting on things without having followed through on them.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

Nice!

It's a shame that the stupid scientist posted the location on Google Earth, now that place has at best a year before becoming a dump of campers and a source for wild life exotic species traffic.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You know I have to wonder about this picture.

What is with the blood on the ground around the snakes mouth/head?

I have messed with snakes since I was a kid and the only time I saw that much blood was an injured or dead snake. What are they doing to this untouched place?

Raist

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Umm... how'd the scientists post this on Google Earth? They found it by using Google Earth; it wouldn't be a difficult thing for someone else to find.

"Hmm... I'm looking for an isolated green area, at about 16,000 feet, un-touched by modern civilization... AHH, there's one!"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
There are still large areas of the Earth relatively untouched, and I hope they remain that way. I have a map of the Earth at night, where you see all the lights of civilization, and where there are very few lights. Luckily, most of Earth is still in the dark at night.

It is the people who insist on have large numbers of kids, while the human population continues to far exceed what it should be. Those are the really selfish people.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Wow, how beautiful! I really hope it is left alone, and they leave no trace that they were ever there. But..I dought it!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
YAY so that's 28,000 different types of butterfly species + 5 more! Wohooo.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomas_

Originally posted by Totalstranger
interesting. as an American, I cant wait to eat and/or make a pet out of these animals.

and I cant help but notice there arent any yeti living there....hmmm....

Ignorance all over it. Congrats for mis-representing America to the whole world!

I'd have to say the exact same thing of your post... if not moreso. He wasn't being serious... it was a joke.

How about everyone stops being so pessimistic about this? This isn't Ferngully/Avatar, it's only natural to want to learn about the unlearned and explore the unexplored. Nobody is going up there to build a wal-mart or drill for oil. Without a doubt, this area will get more recognition and popularity... but you all are over exaggerating.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
even in high school environmental science they say scientist guest that they have not found most species of this would most in the list not found are bugs,and fungi. Im glad they found them to prove gods power is unlimited and human will never know what to suspect

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Just when humanity thinks they have it all figured out, something new pops up!

Nature is always one step ahead.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by immortal coil]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I have messed with snakes since I was a kid and the only time I saw that much blood was an injured or dead snake. What are they doing to this untouched place?

I agree, the snake is either dead or bit itself repeatedly while the "scientists" were messing with it. I don't wish it to be killed but I hate slithery serpents. Though, I am not sure if that fatty is capable of slithering.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Bogus, overweight snake! Aaaargh!

Wonderful find!

But this area should have better stayed untouched, and unknown. Monsanto Inc and big oil/mining industry coming in soon...

[edit on 4/6/10 by Echtelion]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This place is not untouched.

Story about Mount-Mabu published on December 21st 2008. Read it here. But was found on Google Earth back in 2005!!
-----
Heres a look from NatGeo, Nat Geo

Looking at all the images I can find, I've come to notice this place has been inhabited by humans since the "Mozambique's civil war" since BEFORE 1977. There are Roads/Houses/ and even Refinery buildings. So much for being untouched. You want untouched? Go to the dead center of the Amazons, where no one has marked as visiting and if they have, we don't know about it because they are probably dead.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
At the Gulf of Mexico..... Death!

In the depths of Mozambique.... Life!

Lets hope people don't go there and mess it up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join