It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New forest and new species! Mount Mabu,last untouched place on earth!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

your not really an american, your actually a european

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Sigh. They found an undiscovered place, and the first thing they thought was "Let's go there and look around!"

It doesn't matter if they protect it from future expeditions. It is no longer an untouched place. Nothing they do will ever change that. The butterfly effect doesn't just apply to movies about time travel.

Sometimes I just think that mankind is the worst thing that ever happened to itself.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Those are very interesting animals. The 'snake' thing is pretty sick looking. good find

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Great find! Must admit, Mozambique being our neighbours here in South Africa, my first thoughts were... I want to go and see for myself before it gets spoiled, but then I realised that if everybody thought that way, it will be destroyed before i even get there.

I am sad to say that some South Africans have a bad reputation when it comes to off-roading in neighboring countries. Most off-road clubs and societies try their best to educate members, but you get the guys that just don't care.

Before anybody gets too worried, I doubt it will attract too many visitors too soon. Mozambique is still one of the countries with the most landmines left behind from the last war. Everybody knows that you keep to the main roads in the more rural areas, else you might just get blown up. Lots of headway has been made to remove the old landmines (it kills and maims lots of the rural people), but maybe around that area we should ask them not to clear the landmines... most of the animals they discovered are too small and light to easilly trigger the mines, and the mines will help to protect the forrest :-)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Very cool discoveries and pictures, though the first snake seems to be a puff adder, or a very close relative.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

Last untouched place on earth

A hand holding the bird kinda defeats what you just said.

Beautiful pictures. They are all creepy crawleys that give me the heebley jeebleys!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Oh great, another safe place for humans to rape and destroy...
I feel sorry for the life there already...

Neversin.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Interesting pics.

I keep having weird dreams about new species of animals but none of them look like this.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Great pics and nice find.

I almost wish it was never found though. Now people will study the area, more will come to sell supplies, then more will move there, tourism, etc...

BTW I love the design on that beetle. Cool stuff.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]

my first thought was the same

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
if only there was more land untouched by human hands and greed, lets hope this place remains untouched, seeing how it's the last place man hasnt ruined...yet

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Elaethyr

I feel the same way about poop-mutants.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
20 years it wuill become a barren wasteland with the animals in cages

It makes you wonder what else lies hidden in the world, what about the valleys that can't be seen from the air due to huge cliffs covering it.

Maybe we'll find something deeply shocking..one day

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Great images, those are some crazy-looking animals.

I hope that the area becomes protected from too much tourism, and loggers and poachers are kept out.

It would be good if the scientists would at least have enough time to catalogue all the creatures in this area before it gets overrun.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
wow, the coloration of the bug in the second picture is just AWESOME, havent seen anything like this.

Where is this place?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   
def not a slug/ snake

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/00f2aad2f188.jpg[/atsimg]
good find OP!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
F'd & the S.

National Geographic just had an article last month about the Foja Mountains of Indonesia. Apparently there are still many unclassified species being discovered there.

I recommend picking up the magazine, but here's a link the an article that discusses the discoveries:

Lost World

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b50d8cebfedf.jpg[/atsimg]

The golden-mantled tree kangaroo is just one of dozens of species discovered in late 2005 by a team of Indonesian, Australian, and U.S. scientists on the island of New Guinea.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I believe BP have permission to start drilling there next week.

They promise to be careful

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ejaylinz
Very cool discoveries and pictures, though the first snake seems to be a puff adder, or a very close relative.

it is a type of viper, it's in one of the articles linked, but I can't remember which one.

nasty looking booger, eh?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I wonder how one would go about preparing these new morsals to our kingdom. I would start with butter on the snake meat and cameleon and the brid?? Fried rice on the side. Thanks for this post they look absolutely delicious. Always good to find new food to try.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
WOW, this is great news but now that it's known people will be in there fast and kill everything, I bet BP will fly over it and pump out lots of thick black oil to kill everything and set it on fire.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join