It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Government OFFICIALLY attacks Conspiracy Theories!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
www.america.gov...

Through Hip Hop?

Empowering youth they say?????

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is actually good news. Im glad that my Government is dealing with Conspiracy Theories. Up to now they didnt even officially acknowledge that such theories exist. It shows they are taking the CT phenomenon and its spread through the Internet seriously. This is the begin of dialogue and fact-exchange between the public and the Government.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
man alive . . . . I just stopped gut laughing from reading some of the things they have to say. #ing fantastic.

'Conspiracy theories exist in the realm of myth, where imaginations run wild, fears trump facts, and evidence is ignored. As a superpower, the United States is often cast as a villain in these dramas.'

all this, and they offer not an iota of fact to dispel fiction. no documentation, not a drop of evidence actually proving or dispelling all the myths and dramas. just 'trust us, we're the goverment'

their motto 'neath the logo seems to be 'engaging the world'. yes. yes they are.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Here is something you should look into in the States.

A friend of mine who is a MD at AOL told me that over the last 8 months AOL and two other service providers have been passing details including, IP addresses, customer names and addresses and usage of anyone who has been visited sites like ATS - ATS and Infowars (mentioned by name) to the GOV.

They are creating a DATABASE of all these customers. Heres the worst thing though. Beside your privacy being invaded and it done in secret by some of your ISP's you are also being classifed as "political activists / terrorists" whose main aim is to destabilize the GOV and spread rumor and lies that could harm the Government physically and internationally.

YOU guys are screwed.

Now we know what those new Camps that are being built MIGHT be used for.

Either way my friend at AOL said this is some scary stuff because the request for this info was not a request but more of a Demand. No court order and no anything.

YOU guys in the states are goners. Too bad!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

Will you miss US! The U.S. that is, because if that happens there is no more U.S.

I guess we are crazy for being armed, huh.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hmmmm...

america.gov is registered to Symantec in Alexandria, Virginia (right outside Washington): WhoIs Info

Which is, according to Google Maps, located inside Alexandria National Cemetary: Wonder which plot?. Of course, you'll notice that the map marker lists it (at the same address) as "Dimensions International", a division of Honeywell and a DoD contractor in the tech sector.

What does it mean? Diddly-squat. I just found it interesting to dip a toe into this (America.gov is apparently a State Department project, btw).

I'll go wait out by the driveway for the black van now.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
okay, many people, will only half read a story, taking what parts that fit thier belifes, but so do many people including goverment officals.

I am not saying every conpiracy theory is true, nor am i saying all of them are false, they are called theories for a reason, if you bash a certain group for having theories,then you midaswell bash Stephen Hawking for sharing his theories (which would be retarded since he is correct)

I mean sure anyone siding with the goverment(s) can make a vaild argument, but so can every day normal people, all it takes is a mind that isnt obsessed with pointless crap, sports, drama , celebrities etc.

The us cant say they are completely innocent and everyone is just pointing fingers cause ther are crazy or trying to turn people against america.

But think of it this way say you see someone steal a candy bar from a store, and the clerk asks you who did it, you point at the thief, but he say sits you. what it comes down to your word against thiers.

I mean we all know FBI CIA or w.e read these forums for secrity purposes, but just cause someones buys intosomething doesnt make them crazy, and there are large numbers that go by these belifes, so clearly they do so for a logical (or illogical) reason.

People should be allowed to continue such debates, because if that right is taken away to avoid "terrorist propoganda" then they midaswell lock everyone up...which they cant.

Plus if policial belifes are such an issue, what about reilgious belifes? causing violence over a differnt reilgion, what? no? its just the conpiracy theorists they dont like? oh well

EDIT: btw the states still has nukes, thats how you know the site is telling bull#, because for defenive reasons,they still have nukes, so by saying they dont, well unless it said most.

also about aliens...maybe we just dont know,maybe there are aliens the goverment isnt aware of, it would be cool to meet something that isnt human...that is intellgent (humans have a very limited intellgence its sad)

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Anthony1138]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
- Also there is a survery that pops up, I saw few questions on it the first time, but they just remvoed it and now there are NO questions... I was interested in seeing what type of info. are they fishing from the viewers.. keep in mind it's very easy to know WHO writes WHAT... so be CAUTIOUS.

I filled out the Survey...which is likely forwarded to the technical support designers to enhance the navigation experience. I used the oppurtunity allotted by some of the comments field to request ways to directly interact with the topical matter.

- Lastly, I just noticed a link provided by "zzombie" has just been removed and also the survey... so this site is being watched LIVE NOW

Interesting...where are these comment fields?

[edit on Thu, 03 Jun 2010 17:08:23 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fleetlord

Dude it's a .gov domain.

What do you think you can just buy one for $10 on Go-Daddy?

.gov means government and on this side of the world it means US government, as in American Government.

And for the Government to have a cheep website with less information on it than a Black Hat programmer who has 5 year old content scraper program, I'd say The US government is just flipping CT the bird with this sorry excuse of a site.

Especially since you can go right to the CIA.gov web site and read the opposite.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I think this is completely frightening and scary.

It means they're paying attention to us now. What the heck could be scarier than that? No more "Go in your homes", what's their next step?

I would be willing to bet a lot of stuff has been hit on on these boards (been a lurker for YEARS). Next time something big happens, the government will just say "Oh check our conspiracy theory webpage, we've had it up forever, it's normal for those whackjobs to think crazy things and not trust their friendly government."

Just scary folks. Keep your eyes open. I'm actually to the point where I'm considering arming myself for the first time ever. I've had a weird feeling and things aren't getting better. Just look around, read the news. Poop is about to hit the fan.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
OK before I read anything other than the opening post I’d like to say, WOOT!
As all of you know there are sheeple out there, however some can be awakened.
If this website sheds any light on conspiracy theories they give it some credence.
I think all can agree on that, if not then please tell me why.
Some people would never even think about visiting a site like ATS just because they don’t want to be “The Crazy Conspiracy Theory Guy”. If this Gubbmment website causes them to look our way and see just a glimmer of a hint that something may be right, we win. The first thing that told me my kids were wrong or lied, they started to defend themselves.
So once again I say Woot! Bring it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Lol. America is starting to sound more and more like the paranoid party. Does this not remind anyone of Minister Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf (aka Baghdad Bob) from Iraq during the beginning of the war?

Here's a funny one-liner from him:

"I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have started to commit suicide under the walls of Baghdad. We will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly."

America is not far off from this sort of nonsense. Blanket dismissal of conspiracies with the reason of "because we said so" is so dumb its laughable.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
awesome..

now i know exactly what conspiracy theories to believe =)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
"former Russian Prime Minister Yevgeni Primakov has admitted the Soviet KGB concocted the false story that the AIDS virus was created in a U.S. military laboratory. Scientists now believe that AIDS most likely spread to humans from a West African chimpanzee in about 1930, long before genetic engineering existed."

Aids was absolutely created in a lab as well as smallpox...
The moon landing was absolutely a hoax to 1 up russia...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I went to this website and read through it a bit, but it was the external links that interested me! On the debunking911 website that was linked by the www.america.gov website, they have an entire section called the "Real Conspiracy".

That section makes the case that the real conspiracy is how the Bush administration rushed to war after 9/11. Isn't this a contridiction?

The america.gov website states that 911 conspiracies are nonsense, but a website that the america.gov website refers and links too states the real conspiracy was Presidents Bush's administration?

Maybe its me and I am confused. Here is a link to the debunking 911 website that is referenced by the america.gov website. CHeck it out and set me straight.

Debunking911 Link

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by freighttrain
reply to post by zzombie

The link you provided is NOW invalid!

----

The Page You Are Looking for Has Moved.

This Web site has been redesigned and restructured, and the page you are looking for may no longer be available. Learn more about the new structure from the homepage or Site Map. You may also wish to use the Search page.

The page is still there.. But.. they have fixed the URL to redirect so that you can only get to the page from a Google search.. This seems to be to discourage people posting the URL as a direct link.

You can even go to the page, copy the URL, then paste it directly back into the browser, and hit Enter... And be taken to the redirected page !

Now that sounds like a conspiracy in itself.

Boys and girls, We are seeing the Official Birth of Big Brother. Trust Nothing you see and here from this moment on. it will all be Lies and Manipulations.

You can follow them on FaceBook and other Social networking sites.. they claim they are willing to go where the conversation is .. even though they do not have thier public forum..

We should all join and Debunk them ! :-)

Info here - if this link works - www.america.gov...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm not going to that site. It kinda reminds me of when law enforcement puts out mailers to criminals telling them they won free Knicks, Skins, etc tickets and they open up a convention type meeting room somewhere close to a stadium and wait for them to come get arrested.
Nope, staying right here where it's warm and everyone's imagination runs like clockwork.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Seeew...it has been definately established that this IS an oficial US gov site?
The rhetoric is pretty cheesy...if they want to convince people of average intelligence surely theyd have to come up with hard facts, definate answers...
To be honest i stopped believing squat after Okalhoma city...
And everything thats happened since and everything that went before somehow clicked into place in my mind...on that day....
We are facing those who have no country no loyalty except to power and wealth.
Something deep and evil beyond imagining..............and unless all men of good will can bridge the gaps between them, we will be ruled like men have never been ruled before.
IMHO

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DaWhiz

lol, I'm behind multiple IP addresses at a public location, so for them to trace me is pretty worthless as a viewer... but this is why I posted the context on ATS, incase they remove the site or trace the viewers!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by freighttrain]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01

Lol. So the US government has an official ministry of truth website now. Laughable.

For the new position of Minister of Truth, I hereby nominate Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.

He's a perfect fit for that position.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join