It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A music video that laid out current events before they happened....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Okay, so I know this may be a bit of a stretch, but please bear with me and read to the end with an open mind, and make your judgements then. Also, please bear with me on another level, as this is my first thread ever.

I was on youtube last night watching some music videos, and I ran across the music video for Seether's cover of the song "Careless Whisper".

It was a simplistic video, made to look like someone playing a set of video games that featured the members of the band as the video game characters. As I watched, I began to notice some odd things in the video that set my wheels turning. Please bear in mind that this video was RELEASED right around June 15th, 2009, meaning that production would have had to have taken place before that. Production time for this simple of a video would have been much shorter than production time for a typical music video, but it would still require time for brainstorming, idea pitching, content decisions, animation, chronology decisions, finalization and anything else I missed. Please keep this in mind as we continue.

The video begins with a little scene with a yoda-like alien beaming down from a spaceship and saying something via a balloon onscreen (I can't make out exactly what it says). The video quickly moves on to the player being confronted with bankers trying to hit him with their briefcases. Some blond-haired superhero comes in and knocks most of them down (don't know if this character represents anyone real) , and the road they are walking on falls out from underneath them, and as the character falls down, the road takes a form that really resembles a rapid drop in the stock market. Then there's a boss fight with a Satan-banker.

So far, these things could be just a recap of what had already happened before this video when into production (the financial crisis).

Next we move to a road scene, where the player is trying to dodge gas guzzling SUVs, and finally gets into the Knight Rider car and flies away to the next scene. My only explanation for this scene, unless it was just a fun segway (not the nerdy kind), is perhaps a reference to the government bailout of GM. Admittedly, that is a bit of a stretch, but every scene is a little ridiculous, and the point to pay attention to in each of them is the overall theme, as they seem to be referencing actual events, even if the producers were doing so in a rather ridiculous way.

Next the player moves to a forest planting scene. "Evil" lumberjacks are cutting down trees as fast as they can be planted, until he calls in ghost busters (other band members), which start killing the lumberjacks. Then you can see a temperature meter on the left side of the screen, which starts to show that as the lumberjacks die and more trees grow, the temperature falls. I personally believe that climate change is a natural, rhythmic cycle, but again, the point here is the reference to the big climate change scandal recently dubbed by some as "climategate". The next scene gets really interesting. It's called "Dig or Die."

Next, the player lands his car-transformed-into-an-aircraft next to some large OIL WELLS. Note the blue background, and sandy appearance (althought still a dull green) of the ground. Contrast the appearance of the ground in this scene with the ground in every other scene (dotty here, and solid everywhere else, except the street in the beginning, which is lined). Could this represent the ocean, or maybe a large Gulf that almost anyone could name? Also take note of the small explosions beside the oil wells. Does this lend credence to the speculation that the "oil spill" was actually sabotage? The player digs down underneath (note the two relief wells being drilled), rescues his three friends, and digs down more to be rescued by two men in a boat, who speed them away to the next scene.

Continued in next post due to my 4000 character limit.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Continued from first post:

The next scene seems to be a little out of order with respect to real life events, but it's interesting nonetheless. It's a blatent reference to the swine flu outbreak, and the fear that people had regarding the swine flu vaccine. I'll remind you that this video was RELEASED on June 15th, 2009. The swine flu outbreak was not really public until early April, and the vaccine talk came much later than that. Quite a time crunch for the producers of this video, eh? Anyway, moving on.

The next portion would seem to just be a segway (again, not the nerdy segway) that has the band riding bicycles past the moon, E.T.-style.

Now we find the band on a basketball court. There are four masked terrorists with a basketball bomb. This was significant to me because I had recently read this thread here on ATS, and though I wasn't really sure I believed what the poster was asserting, seeing this after reading that was an interesting twist of fate. The poster asserted that there would be some other terrorist attack on June 23rd, 2010. Keep this in mind. In response to the terrorist threat, the player-character transforms into a werewolf, teen wolf-style, and plays basketball with the basketball bomb and dunks it on the head of the terrorist. Just so you remember, the video was made before June 15th, 2009. "The Wolfman" movie came out on video yesterday (June 1st, 2010). The band then jumps a ride on the A-team van, driven by the new Mr. T. The new A-team movie will be released on June 11, 2010. Is this possibly a reference to a conspiracy? Everything else in the video seems to be a reference to a conspiracy of some kind, so.....? There's only one major sports event that's starting around this June 1st - June 11th time frame. I read last night that the World Cup starts on June 11, and continues until July 11. Scary.

The next scene is blatent. It features Kim Jong Il dropping bombs. Though there are missles featured in the scene, he isn't launching them, he's dropping some bombs downward. Anyone heard any news lately involving North Korea supposedly doing something bad in the lower places of the earth? (Think submarines) There's another unidentified character at the top of the screen, so if anyone can figure out who that's supposed to be, I'd love to be enlightened. Kim Jong Il is defeated in a curious way, when another unidentifiable character brings in a killer robot that looks like a little girl.

Then the video comes to a close, with all the "good guys" doing a happy sunshine rainbow dance, followed by the band members being whisked away in the Knight Rider car. Very odd.

As I said in the beginning, I know some of this is a bit of a stretch, but it really got my wheels turning, and I'd like to know if you guys think this is a very curious coincidence, or if you think whoever worked on making this video for Seether had some inside information.

Thanks for bearing with me!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Great post(s) and curious video...

I believe the unidentified characters to be Scarface & George Michael.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Is there another source to watch the video?
It's blocked in the Netherlands due to copyright.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Its a play on 80's video games, movies, and Tv Shows?
Pretty much everything that was popular in the 80's including the song.
Donkey kong, Dig-Dug, Spy-hunter, q-bert, mario bros, Pit fall, Double Dragon, and Double Dribble were some of the games.
I saw Miami vice( your guys in the boat), E.T., Back to the Future,Karate Kid, KnightRider, Star wars, Teen wolf, Ghostbusters,
Greatest American Hero, Boy meets Girl( your robot girl) Scar Face, A-Team.

I just think the Vid shows the issues in the world for the past 10-15 years to the present, when it was released.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TwoTechnics]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
This one isnt blocked:

Nice remake of 80's music by Wham. The video looks to me as if its just a parody on all that is current and political in the world, played as old Atari (etc) games.

One being Pit fall, played as a parody of the swine flu panic. All in all a good song, but the video does nothing for me.

Btw, i dont think its prophetic.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by Daniem]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Is there another source to watch the video?
It's blocked in the Netherlands due to copyright.

Yeah, it's blocked in Russia too.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
cool post!

Thank you for the video.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I know it's pretty sorry to bump my own post, but I really felt like this was a pretty big deal.

top topics

join