It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel, Egypt ease Gaza blockade after deadly raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Israel, Egypt ease Gaza blockade after deadly raid

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM – Israel and Egypt signaled a temporary easing of the Gaza Strip blockade Tuesday following harsh international condemnation of the deadly Israeli raid on an aid flotilla en route to the sealed-off Palestinian territory.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sounds good to me. Hopefully this gesture will thaw some of the tensions we have seen being built up in the Middle East, notably with Turkey. I think Israel did the right thing in response to the pressure being applied on them globally.

Esecially since the U.S. has refused to condemn the flotilla incident via the U.N., I figure that this is the least that Israel can do to signify some goodwill.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
damage has been done, 19 lives r gone... oh and the israelis killed 5 more palestinians in the gaza strip today too..

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
damage has been done, 19 lives r gone... oh and the israelis killed 5 more palestinians in the gaza strip today too..

Yah, I agree with you, but that does not mean that Israel cannot respond the right way. I am suprised that Israel would ease the blockade, and kudos to them for actually doing it and showing the world some humility.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa

Yah, I agree with you, but that does not mean that Israel cannot respond the right way. I am suprised that Israel would ease the blockade, and kudos to them for actually doing it and showing the world some humility.

I agree that this is a step in the right direction. It's time for things to change for these people, not just Muslims in this area of the world, but Jews as well. I hate every bad policy that Israel puts out but that is not to say I don't think of it's people. All people in this region deserve some peace so much blood has been shed enough is enough!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

un fecking beleivable

do you have a link

Them painball guns need to be banned or was it the elastic bands this time.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
While this is good news this does not apply to the naval blockade per the ops link.

"In Gaza, there is a terrorist state under Iranian sponsorship," he said. "Opening a sea route to Gaza would present a grave danger to our citizens. Therefore we are maintaining our policy of a naval blockade."

A new confrontation appeared to be brewing.

So any attempt to enter Gaza by sea without Israeli inspection will not happen.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Wow - Israel does something positive for a change and the thread gets no flags and vanishes down the page. What I surprise. Seems only Israel bashing is allowed here these days.

/waits for predictable comments

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
There are already ways to get aid into Gaza. Why did these folks choose a method they knew was prohibited? Seems to me that if they truly wanted this "HUMANITARIAN AID" to get in then they would have done so another way.

This had nothing to do with aid...they were using "HUMANITARIAN AID" as a cover to try to break a blockade that everyone already knew was being enforced.

MBF

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I don't blame Israel for the blockade. They just don't want arms smuggled into Gaza. I think they have been very patient by letting so many rockets be fired at them before any counter attack. They even said that they aid could be carried to Gaza after it was inspected to insure there were no weapons.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I hope this is a first step in a path of peaceful resolution, I believe both sides are capable of doing it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Why can't Arab country's give the Palestinians a nice place to settle, and get them out of that sh-thole Gaza strip.

Then boycott Israel and Egypt?

America is broke and can't fund Israels war machine any longer and now would be a good time for Arab States to grow some balls.

The American public is finally waking up and hopefully Rohm Emanuel and his boys days are numbered!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
Wow - Israel does something positive for a change and the thread gets no flags and vanishes down the page. What I surprise. Seems only Israel bashing is allowed here these days.

/waits for predictable comments

I would agree with your post, but I am willing to give my fellow ATSers the benefit of the doubt, in the sense that I think many are still soaking in the floatilla raid. The ease of the blockade might seem like to little to late to some as well.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This just in: Israel is releasing detainees that where captured from the flotilla. Here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Another question for you:

It is a fact that EVERY arab nation in the area also blockades the so-called palestinians from getting into and out of their countries, so it is not just Israel. No other arab nation wants anything to do with the palestinians either. See the title of this thread for partial confirmation .

So, to you, why is Israel the ONLY "bad guy" in this? Also, why are you exaggerating the death toll?

Agenda much?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I do not think that it is that other Arab countries want anything to do with Palestine, it is that they do not want to look bad if they make overtures to Palestine. They are just trying to save face.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathwa
reply to post by centurion1211

I do not think that it is that other Arab countries want anything to do with Palestine, it is that they do not want to look bad if they make overtures to Palestine. They are just trying to save face.

And the difference to "the starving palestinians" is?

No, this just shows arab/muslim (and their supporters/appeasers) hypocrisy in great detail. They'd rather make a political statement than actually help "the starving palestinians". ALL the countries are doing the same thing, but only Israel is bad.

new topics

top topics

join