It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is a Paradise on Earth Possible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
There is a lot of chaos and suffering here on the earth but it was never intended to be that way. Everyone has suffered somehow through sickness or death or a host of other problems. But Is this the way God the Creator intended for us to live?

In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth and it was a paradise. Adam and Eve were created and all they had to do was tend to and look after God's glorious garden paradise. Look after it was not hard. Because water spring up from the earth and it was neither too hot nor too cold. There were no weeds, or thorns to pull from the garden. There were no bugs like mosquitos to spread disease or do damage to the fruit trees or plants. In short, there were no problems or worries whatsoever.

It was when eve took a bite of the apple from the tree that would let them know the difference between good and evil that the world became cursed. Satan in the form of a snake tempted eve by telling her that if she ate of the apple, she would be like God, knowing the difference between good and evil.

Soon after she ate of the apple, child birth pains began, weeds and thorns began to grow, people starting killing each other, the sun became hot, storms began to move across the land and adam and eve began to die. As time went on, more and more death and distruction became relevant as people decided to live their own life and not live the way God had originally designed us to live. That is in a paradise free from all troubles and worries.

So now God allows each and every one of us to choose to live their own life or to live his way. Jesus died on the cross to save us from sin and to set us free. True freedom was in the garden of eden and it is the way God originally intended us to live. There was so much freedom that they didn't even wear clothes, but also they knew no sin. Sin is what seperates us from God forever because God cannot be where sin is. Can you imagine a life without sin? It would be a peaceful, blissful paradise, just like in the garden of Eden.

The good news is that Jesus is coming back to make the earth to be once again the way God had originally intended. That's right some of us are getting a second chance. First the earth has to be cleansed of it's evil. It must be destroyed. But to participate in this paradise on earth, we must try our best to be free of sin. Is it possible to be completely free of sin? This may surprise you, but the answer is no. All of us fall short of the glory of God. But Jesus came and died on the cross as a sacrifice for us and paid for our sins in full. So now all we have to do is believe in him in order to be saved. And we must honor him by changing our hearts and lives.

You might ask, why Jesus had to die for our sins. Why couldn't God just change his mind and save us all? It is because God had said we would all die because of our sins. God cannot be a lier so he couldn't take it back. There had to be someone or something to take our place in death and that was Jesus.

So please stop blaming God for everything that happens to you. God ment for us to live in a paradise when we were created and humans screwed it up. Be happy that he is giving us a second change and take it!

This is a great discussion I have been looking forward to participating in so please discuss away!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
as long as good is the opposite of evil, one can not exist without the other.
Can paradise exist in a world with polarities?

[edit on 1/6/2010 by mahis]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mahis

That is the way it is for now until evil is destroyed.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
There is like nothing like a balance, people are mostly trash waiting to destroy others.

Hardly anyone is good, so where is the balance.

There cannot be a decent society while two genders exist. That means males will change too.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

all people that live God's way can exist togeather peacefully in paradise, that is the plan.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The change is now and it comes from within. Run from wrongdoing and rejoice with good. Both evil & good are self perpetuating. The balance between the two does not mean that when good exists then evil must too because good does not cause evil and evil does not cause good. We will awaken, and destroy the balance. Hopefully we wont swing into a polarity of evil.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Sadly, there is no chance of paradise in this world.

Who is to blame?

Us.

Why?

It is in our nature to better/envy each other, we are very competative.

How is that relevant?

As most of us always strive to stand out from the crowd and not accept ourselves as equals, there will always be an authority or authorities. Therefore there will always be oppression and supression.

You can take this back to early man when we were nomadic in nature. Someone always led the group. Later, large groups or tribes were led by witch doctors/medicine men/shaman/wise men.

We gathered into groups as we found safety in numbers and were more capable than by ourselves.

The discovery of fire represents one of the most significant elements of power in early man. Something to be behold, something to envy.

When we progressed into civilisation, the power of the authority grew with the numbers they had authority over.

We are a species in our infancy, we are struggling to deal with our differences. For the greater part of 6,000 years we have sorted out our differences through war.

So, can there be world peace?

Not in the utopian sense that we would all dream of. The closest thing to world peace would be one world government and either one world religion or no religion.

This would not be the perfect solution as one world government will likely see even more liberties lost, but alas there is no perfect solution as we as a species are the problem.

Infact if you were to look at the quickest form of establishing a collective global populace, understanding and harmony, then we should not fight for peace, rather allow differences to be 'sorted out' rather than protract wars for decades.

We cannot fight the inevitable and the power hierachy ultimately residing in the hands of one global authority is by logic alone, inevitable.

You may choose to label me as some 'disinformation agent' or an 'NWO representative', but this, I believe, would be your reaction to knowing that there is a truth to what I speak of.

Knowing that it is the 'ugly truth.'

This is my opinion only, based on what I believe is logic and the lessons that history has taught us.

Peace! or should I say War! (not meant to offend, just showing the irony of the moral paradox we face)

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

We cannot overcome this world system ourselves but Jesus already did it for us. It's only a matter of time before before he comes to claim the world as his own. Then there will be peace forever.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by the_love_revolution

I agree with you 100% But in order for the earth to turn back into it's original form, a paradise, the cleansing process must take place. Sadly much of the earth and the people in it, must be destroyed. We can see signs of it starting to begin.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by prophecywatcher

Well, I respect your beliefs and actually admire your positive outlook on life, I mean that.

Kind regards.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

You might ask, why Jesus had to die for our sins. Why couldn't God just change his mind and save us all? It is because God had said we would all die because of our sins. God cannot be a lier so he couldn't take it back. There had to be someone or something to take our place in death and that was Jesus.

So please stop blaming God for everything that happens to you. God ment for us to live in a paradise when we were created and humans screwed it up. Be happy that he is giving us a second change and take it!

God can't be a liar, but he can be a murderer of billions for something as simple as eating an apple from a tree. God doesn't sound very caring or nice maybe he is really Satan in disguise.

Isn't Christianity supposed to be all about forgiveness and second chances by washing away your sins? Why couldn't he forgive the girl, Eve, instead of condemning every human since our creation to Earth-hell? Practice what you preach?

Why does god have such a grudge against humanity? It was an APPLE! I mean he literally just created us. Adam and Eve were the first two people ever, one of which made a mistake. Because of this, he barred everyone ever to be born into existence and future generations from paradise? I don't get it?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

God was angry when he condemned Adam and Eve and all of humanity and later was sorry that he did it. The future wasn't good for his creation after their knowlege of good and evil. He could see what would become of it. But he also must have seen that there was also some good in us, that is why he sent his only son to die on the cross for us.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The answer is yes.

The location is anywhere humans have never been.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

So, he condemned his only son to death too as an acknowledgement to humanity that he was wrong for punishing everyone that ever existed for the mistake of one of the two first people ever? God can be wrong, but not a liar. He conspires to murder, but is not evil. He is all knowing and all powerful because he can see into the past and future, but he makes mistakes.

Didn't god know that satan, disguised as a slithery snake, tricked Eve with temptation she was unaware of to eat the apple? It may have been her fault because she made the choice to eat it under her own freewill. However, she had just been created by him, and she was only learning through experience as she was created to do. Which would mean it was god's fault Eve ate the apple, and intelligent design was not very intelligent.

I think forgiveness instead of the destruction of a newly created paradise that only two people got to enjoy, should have been in order. What gives?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

The thing about the apple and the tree in the garden of Eden was a test to see what his newly created humans would do. That is why God put it there. When people were created and even to this day, Satan continuously goes to God and reminds him of the mistake he made by creating humans. He tries to get God to distroy us by telling God how his creation really doesn't care about him. (God created us to love him) So God does these tests to see if what Satan says is true. Read the book of Job in the Bible to see an example of what I am talking about. Satan accusses Job before God and a series of tests were allowed to find out if what Satan says is true. In the garden of Eden, Satan appeared as a snake in the hopes of deceiving Eve and proving his point to God. We are still here only because of his grace.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Also Jesus volunteered to die for us (he didn't have to do it) because he loves us and does not wish for anyone to parish.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have to go because I have some work to do, but I will check back later this evening or tomarrow.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

But Is this the way God the Creator intended for us to live?

Well if you read Genesis it seems God wants to keep us human beings fairly ignorant to good and evil. Its as if this ignorance, once shattered by the forbidden fruit, convinces God to curse his attempt at paradise and he goes on a tirade essentially ruining his creation.

Look after it was not hard.

Actually I think it was what with lions and, if young earth Creationism is to be believed, Dinosaurs being in the Garden to be named by the man and his "helper" Eve. With velociraptors nipping at your shins I'm sure its very hard to tend to a garden

Don't forget the hazard of the fruit of the tree of knowledge which according to God would kill them if they ate it - quite a hazard especially when you've been given no apparatus for determining right or wrong.

that the world became cursed

Again if you read the Bible its God who curses his creation. In actuality there was no reason to even punish Adam and Eve because they didn't know what they were doing was wrong because they were ignorant. Blaming the creation for imperfections and ignorance that he instilled them with. I guess God was new at this whole Universe Paradise stuff, he was having a rough time of it.

True freedom was in the garden of eden and it is the way God originally intended us to live.

If by true Freedom you mean ignorant bliss than yes. Empty listless people taking orders from talking snakes and deities alike.

Sin is what seperates us from God forever because God cannot be where sin is.

But sin originates in Heaven with Lucifer right and Lucifer is right there in the presence of God when that happens. So even when he's not separate he becomes sinful.

Can you imagine a life without sin?

Well given some of the absurd things that are deemed bad or sinful in the Bible I wouldn't want to.

Life without: Bacon, Pork, Ham, lying, freedom of religion (you shall have no other gods before me), coveting things, working on the Sabbath, etc

While on the other hand things like pedophilia not condemned as sin in the Bible would still be around.

God cannot be a lier so he couldn't take it back.

What does this have to do with Jesus dying for our sins? If God said WE will die for our sins that WE will die for our sins not JESUS. I don't feel comfortable letting an innocent man take the fall for me, no thanks, I'll take responsibility for the log in my own eye thanks.

So please stop blaming God for everything that happens to you.

Agreed. In the same way I stopped blaming the bogeyman for hiding in my closet or blamed Santa when I didn't get what I wanted for Christmas.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
God has shown us infinate mercy. The wages for sin is death. So just about all of us should have been dead a long time ago. The way the world is going now, it's hard to believe it still exists.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join