It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critical and Rational observation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hello, I'm Mike. I've joined ATS specifically because I had my first real ufo sighting two days ago and it's been on my mind. I've wandered across ATS boards before and I've always been impressed with the critical reasoning brought to bear on issues and questions, especially when reason implies that what we may WANT to be true isn't. That's my issue to a t. There were a good 15 people present when we saw the ufo, including children. The parents told their kids "it's a hot air balloon," and "it's an angel coming down from heaven to wave hello," and hurried the kids off to the next distraction. Even several single adults tried blatantly to get everyone to ignore it. It couldn't be immediately explained, so hurry up and forget about it. That worried me, because maybe I was looking for what I wanted to see. I'm a believer in extraterrestrial life, and, let's say, a hoper for intelligence, star travel, and communication. I wanted that light in the sky to be a ship. But was it really? So I'm coming to the ATS community for help in the hope that some other rational folks might have seen something like it, or be able to offer an Earthly explanation. Or, I'll admit it, I can freely hope there isn't one!

Note: I've not included a detailed description of the sighting because this is just a welcome post. Apparently I need to make 20 or more posts before I can post my question on the forums.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by giblertec

Hi Mike, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hey Mike, welcome to ATS.

We have all kinds of people at all ages. I recall seeing a 12 year old here once.

You are lucky. I have never seen a UFO, but instead had meditation experiences which brought me to ATS. Some weird things happen when you close your eyes.

You also, have arrived at a milestone in history! SO much is happening SO fast! Which created a huge influx of awesome members, such as you.

Peace and Love,

Keep an open mind,

Gandhi

[edit on 1-6-2010 by gandhi]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You have already got me salivating impatiently for your post regarding the light that your saw.

I have seen strange things up there in the sky too so you should not be too concerned about being believed because plenty of us have seen some very strange things that were not easily explainable.

Anyway I am really looking forward to reading your account – perhaps it might be similar to one or more of my own experiences.

Regards and welcome

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I hope you enjoy your time and reach your 20 postcount soon so you can share your experience.

Cheers

GM

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Definitely looking forward to contributing on this forum. I love the look and feel of of this website as well as the fact that moderators enforce community guidelines and try to keep people on track and promote critical thinking and intellectual debate. Definitely going to add this forum to my daily reading list on the internet!

new topics

top topics

join