It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witnesses cast doubt on Israel's convoy raid account

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Witnesses cast doubt on Israel's convoy raid account

news.bbc.co.uk

Eyewitness accounts from ships raided by Israeli commandos have cast doubt on Israel's version of events that led to the deaths of at least 10 people.

German pro-Palestinian activist Norman Paech said he had only seen wooden sticks being brandished as troops abseiled on to the deck of the ship.

The raid led to widespread condemnation and the UN has called for an inquiry.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Of the 679 activists brought to the Israeli port of Ashdod, only 50 agreed to be voluntarily deported and more than 30 are being treated in hospital for their injuries, reports the BBC's Wyre Davies in Jerusalem.

That means that almost 600 people, from several countries, are still being held in detention centres across Israel and being questioned by the authorities.

I find the linked & quoted article extremely interesting, as it demonstrates the very strong sentiments on the subject that are growing in a variety of sectors. The BBC is usually very capable of retaining a neutral stance, but in this case we see several places where the editor is definitely using a negative tone against Israel, and thus implying condemnation.

The print papers I read this morning, such as the Globe & Mail, are similar in the tones used to describe Israels actions, and similar in their disbelief of the "Official Line" coming from the IDF.

I think, in this case, Israel will not escape a public lynching. Based on how the MSM is actually jumping on an anti-Israel stance for a change.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Have all of the 50 'volunteers' spoken to the media?

It would be practically impossible to get a consistent lie out of 50 people, so I'm hopeful we can discover what really happened, rather than all the suppositions and histrionics we have been treated to thus far.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The contents of this discussion can already be found in the original thread on this subject.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

Please use the original thread to continue discussion. Thread Closed.

top topics

join