It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**VIDEO: Israeli footage shows activists' attacks on Soldier-tried to hang?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Naval forces boarded 6 ships to break maritime closure of Gaza

You gotta see this video. Was the troops attacked and provoked? I say YES, according to this following viewo.

And there is this related story:

Flotilla activists 'tried to lynch Israeli soldiers'

'They were fully prepared to provoke this deadly confrontation'

Activists on a six-ship flotilla headed to the Gaza Strip had planned to lynch the Israeli commandos who stormed the ship, according to indications at the scene encountered by Israeli forces.

Officials in the Israel Defense Forces told WND that when IDF forces stormed the ship, some participants onboard attempted to grab the Israeli commandos to lynch the forces with rope.
Need I say more?
Source: www.wnd.com...

That looks good enough for me. I don't think the Peaceful Protesters were that Peaceful.

Israel will get a pass on this I bet

[edit on 5/31/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I gave you S+F for the video, but just to clarify, you were being sarcastic when you said 'that looks good enough for me?' (I hope)

The only thing I could compare this video quality and view to is looking at an ant hill in the dark.

Trying not to draw conclusions either way yet, but this proves absolutely nothing. However with Israel's history, as far as palestinians and the gaza strip, and their unique view of the truth...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Zionist media is at it already. You can't tell a dam thing from that video.
The defenders of murderer's for the sake of a lie.
So if there was a fight. . . . Those people didnt kill anyone. THEY ARE THE ONES WHO DIED, NOT THE ISRALI SOLDIERS.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
First of all, these were armed pirates, boarding a ship in international waters. Of course you defend your ship from unauthorized boarding parties. Also, this is just but one clip, edited down to a few seconds without showing the before or after. This ship was already under attack by the Israelis so this ships passengers were most likely fighting back what looks like a hostile take-over of the ship in question.

--airspoon

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Why did they board the ship? Thats the question.

If they didn't board the ship then there wouldn't be any reason to be attacked.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Not the peaceful flotilla as many made it out to believe.

Looks like the Middle East countries got what they wanted, action while the whole world was watching.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I believe they were advised not to cross into a certain area by the legal authority for that region.

End of story.

What I can't beleive is there was Law makers on the boats also. One thing for Israel-they say what they mean and they back it up.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It sure looked like the IDF was being attacked as soon as they hit the deck. i would say that israeli soldiers were acting in self defense. although offensivley storming an aid boat is definatley inflamatory, the soldiers had to act. they are trained to defend themselves at all costs. you can bet if they were beating me with deadly objects and throwing malotove cocktails at me and my fellow soldiers, i would be taking defensive action. you have to. would you rather just watch the Israeli soldiers be killed....oh then it wouldnt be news and no one would care!!!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
It sure looked like the IDF was being attacked as soon as they hit the deck. i would say that israeli soldiers were acting in self defense. although offensivley storming an aid boat is definatley inflamatory, the soldiers had to act. they are trained to defend themselves at all costs. you can bet if they were beating me with deadly objects and throwing malotove cocktails at me and my fellow soldiers, i would be taking defensive action. you have to. would you rather just watch the Israeli soldiers be killed....oh then it wouldnt be news and no one would care!!!

they had no right to be on that boat. the activists had the right to kill those cowards and throw them in the waters for the fish to eat.

self defence would be when the activists attack the soldiers boats.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
All I can say is that those Israeli soldiers have HUGE Kahunas!

They jump into a hornets nest of terrorists, take it on the chin, and come out on top(and armed with paint guns).
Awesome, simply awesome.
You don't mess with the IDF's!
S&F!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

dont you think thats a little extreme? if i see a military helicopter with special forces soldiers repeling from it onto my boat im sure as hell not going to throw fire bombs at them! is isreal being too aggressive, no doubt. but you cant expect soldiers that are sent to check for weapons (which is extremely common among "aid ships") that were on there way to gaza, to stand there and do nothing as they are being violentley attacked. if the "humanitarians" would have just chilled out instead of trying to immediatly kill, then everyone would be alive today. if this story was the other way around many would be cheering the actions of the aid workers. as long as isreal is embarrased all is good

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
In the coming days, when all the facts are flushed out, even the most ardent supporter of Israel will have to concede that mistakes were made and the Israeli military could have handled the situation better.

However, few if any people are going to criticize the so-called aid workers for making the situation worse. It appears that 5 of the 6 boats were able to complete their task of delivering humanitarian aid to Gaza without incident. Somehow this boat did not.

It was no secret that the Israelis were wary of letting the flotilla approach Gaza and that the flotilla's mere presence could be interpreted as a provocative act by the Israelis. It was not secret that the Israelis would want to inspect the boats in the flotilla to make sure there were no weapons or other contraband on the ships. If these "aid workers" were really just peaceful people on a humanitarian mission, they would have allowed the Israelis to search the boat.

I suspect the aid workers on this boat deliberately tried to cause a situation. They may not want to have caused deaths, but perhaps by provoking Israeli soldiers, they could claim that their "humanitarian" mission was attacked by Israel.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I have no doubt that isreal bears a large load of responsiblity for this incedent. but if the aid workers didnt start getting violent no one would have been hurt. no military is going to allow the videotaping of the slaughter of innocent civilians, humanitarians no less, and allow the tape to be leaked. people just see isreal being aggressive in the protection of their state and automaticaly deduct that the great evil zionist state just wants to eat babies and kill whatever moves.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Yes, but how much? They said DON'T COME and Don't go in those territorial waters that WE partol and have control over. Those people on the boats violated the established law.

We may not like it but it isn't ours to like. Israel is in the Big Legues, as far as at a wartime footing ALL the TIME

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

They don't have control over those waters as that was international waters, not territorial waters. Furthermore, Israel is known to stop humanitarian aid to the Palestinians. Women and children die everyday because they are imprisoned within the Gaza strip. Do you wonder why an occasional rocket or two flies across the border? Israel is terrorizing the Palestinians and when international humanitarian aid tries to give much needed medical and food supplies to the innocent women and children of Gaza, they are stopped with illegal and violent methods. Israel has done this before as it is not new. Not even some of the worst regimes ever imagined would stop humanitarian aid. Even Hitler and Nazi Germany didn't stop humanitarian aid from going where it needed to go.

The sad fact of the matter is that Israel and its brand of Zionism is far worse than Nazism and it makes me embarrassed to be Jewish when they commit these horrid crimes in the name of Judaism. The crimes committed by Israel are equal to or greater than those of Nazi Germany so Israel no longer has the right to gripe and moan over the so-called holocaust when all they are doing is repeating that ugly scar on history.

The bottom line is that they should not have attempted to board that vessel. They should not be blockading Gaza. They should not be settling in the Palestinian territories. They should not be oppressing, killing, raping, evicting or otherwise terrorizing the Palestinian people. They should not be hurting the innocent people of the Gaza strip by controlling the strip and blocking humanitarian aid from reaching the innocent people within the strip. If you do not know what is going on in the Palestinian territories, then I suggest you research it. If you do know what is going on, how dare you justify it? How can you even attempt to justify it? Set your political leanings aside for a minute and think of the human suffering that is the result of Israel's policies towards the Palestinians.

You see, this is not the first time that this kind of thing has happened. In fact, it has happened several times before. We can not sit idle as Israel continues to terrorize a whole swath of human beings. We sit here in America in our air conditioned homes, justifying going into places like Iraq, Africa and other parts of Asia to free oppressed peoples while we allow our government to send to military and monetary aid to Israel so that they can inflict the worst terror imaginable on women, children and innocent civilians who have only had the misfortune of being born in a land that Israel and Zionists alike, think is theirs.

When you defend situations such as this, you are either showing your coldness and complacency or you are showing blatant ignorance. Israel attacked these boats and these boats were only going to give basic humanitarian aid to a region that is under constant and illegal attack by Israel. It is more clear than ever that Israel only wishes death and suffering to the people of Gaza and Palestinians as a whole. Are their some bad Palestinians? There sure are, however Israelis outshine and bad behavior by the Palestinians.

You wonder why rockets get fired into Israel. They get fired because Israel will not end its deadly occupation of Gaza. Sure they will pull boots off the ground but they don't pull their Navy away from their shore. They don't pull their fighters out of the sky over Gaza. They don't allow the basic supplies through that any human would need.

You wonder why Palestinians hate the Israelis. It's the same hate that the Jews had for Hitler and Nazi Germany. They are being evicted. They are being oppressed. They are being terrorized. Whole Palestinian families are being evicted at gunpoint, only to watch a single Jewish settler move into what used to be their home. Their farms are being demolished. The bottom line is that Israel has imposed conditions worse than those Jews had to endure in Germany, ca. 1930s. Again, I'm embarrassed that these monsters are doing this in the name of Judaism.

I don't necessarily blame those ignorant of the facts. You hear on the news all of time about the latest rocket that crosses the border yet kills or injures no one. You hear on the news all of the time about Israel being terrorized by Arabs, however, you never hear on the news about the latest family evicted by Israel. You don't hear about the school boy who gets detained, beat-up or even killed by the IDF for the only crime of trying to go to school. You don't hear about the pregnant women who is caught up at a check point and refused medical care as she is forced to give birth to that baby on her own. You don't hear about Israel's constant illegal settlement programs that forcing Palestinians out onto the naked street. In fact, you hear nothing about Israel's wrong doing.

However, that ignorance gets annoying when it is used to justify murder and genocide. It gets annoying when that ignorance is used to justify these evil Zionist policies.

--airspoon

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This was all a knee-jerk unforgiving overreaction to a boarding inspection gone way out of hand for the Israeli Navy, whose servicemen were attacked by the protesters as they rappelled from the chopper.

If the protesters were peaceful, then they would have had at least let them aboard to inspect their ships for any signs of arms smuggling, because the Israelis know full well that humanitarian operations can serve as a useful cover for assisting their enemies.

It's akin to a Trojan Horse, albeit a supply version.

Israel Faces International Criticism for Raid on Gaza Aid Flotilla

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

The Israelis were firing upon the ships long before they started to board them. Also, this video shows nothing about what happened with Israeli troops when they first boarded. You only see an edited version of a video. These people were most likely fighting the soldiers repelling because the soldiers already aboard were starting to kill and assualt the ship's passengers. Many of us actually watched these events unfold live.

--airspoon

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You know what? WTF does it matter? The Israeli's ARE WRONG period. They are oppressing and killing people in a way VERY similar to what Hitler did to them during WWII. If they would make peace and stop being f*cking dicks, there wouldn't be a need for violence. If everybody would just f*cking get along and put their egos away, the world would be a better place. It'll never happen. That, and this incident are just more reasons why humanity deserves it's inevitable extinction. WE DON'T DESERVE WHAT WE HAVE AND SO BLINDLY IGNORE!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

I agree excep that their concept of Peace is different than ours. They live their (are trying to) in Peace-it is the surrounding neighbors that have publically announced they will not rest until the Jewish State is gone (whatever means to make that happen).

So, how much of a d------d are you going to be if you were in that situation? A real big one for sure.

It is easy for us to sit over here and judge them but we don't live like they do-in constant fear of war. Their actions are for Peace-how they see it.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There are certainly two sides to the story here.

I posted this in another thread regarding this issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=jibeho

In the wake of the deadly battle at sea, Israel has been telling the world that the prime sponsor of the so-called "Gaza Flotilla" is a terrorist linked organization. Many news organizations, (including the New York Times, Reuters, and the British Broadcasting Corporation), are ignoring this charge and continue to refer the so-called victims as peaceful Palestinian advocates.

A week ago, the Republic of Cyprus denied the flotilla any access to its ports. Despite some international criticism, the Cypriot government did not want to be party to a dangerous scheme by a confrontation minded group.The Cypriots clearly did their homework - something that the news media did not.

A quick search of Internet reveals that Turkish based International Humanitarian Fund (IHH) is embedded with terrorists and their organizations. Like Hamas they provide humanitarian aid but their clients include Al Qaeda, Hamas, etc. Turkish security forces raided the Istanbul office of IHH. IHH activists were arrested, and Turkish security forces found explosives, manuals, and weapons.(For authoritative information on IHH click here.)

According to the French intelligence, the president of IHH (Bulent Yildirim) recruited "Jihad warriors" and transferred firearms, and explosives to Al Qaeda and other Islamic terrorists organizations. IHH has also been fingered for producing documents so Islamic terrorists can travel by air posing as relief workers. And IHH was involved with the terrorist who tried to smuggle 1320 pounds of explosives to be used to blow up Los Angeles International Airport.For more on the terror flotilla read the Weekly Standard here.

This is a partial picture of the forces challenging Israel. These are people who are determined to destroy the Jewish State. These facts are not being broadcast in the many hours of news time being given to the Flotilla story.

Some more little known info.

Another part of this story that we have only seen on Fox News is that Israel offered to off load the cargo on the Flotilla so they could check to see that it did not include weapons. The organizers refused to agree to a check. You guess why.

www.onejerusalem.org...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join