It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody run, A Fear Monger is Here!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

You see God the way you want to see God because you lack understanding.

What I have been talking about is not perceiving God but religion. Do not confuse the pathetic and primitive wisdom of man laid down in the Bible as anything but what it is.

The reason I assumed you were angry is because you said I would have blood on my hands and that I was more akin to the anti-Christ. You also implied that I was never a real Christian. Rather than attempt any intellectual rebuttal you hid behind your blind faith and lashed out implying I was a deceiver attempting to be great. If that is not in anger than fine, I mistook it as such. I assure you accusations and statements calling for my repentance do not constitute a rational or reasonable argument to me.

Remember that Jesus questioned the religion of his day and was crucified for his attack against the old covenant ways. Jesus saw the hypocrisy of the religious establishment of his day and saw that there was a better way of attaining salvation than ritual and empty words - LOVE. So do not pretend that me criticizing religion makes me more akin to the anti-Christ than to Christ.

Anyone can read the Old or New Testaments and come up with a multiple of conclusions.

Precisely. If the document were definitive or authoritative and did not contradict itself there would be but one way to interpret it. If it was the work of a perfect God the document itself would be perfect. But it was men that wrote the Bible and that fact shows clearly, many of them were primitive bigots who's moral codes are disgusting to anyone in modern times reading them. They're stories depict a God that is like them, evil, smiting all who do not worship him or follow his decrees and even killing and torturing the innocent, condoning slavery and genocide and evil. This is not because God is that way but because MEN depicted God that way.

If there is a God his/her/its presence is a mystery to thinking rational beings for God has apparently left no evidence. Why would a God, if one existed, play such games with our minds, to give us reason and then demand that we forgo reason to base our beliefs on blind ignorant faith?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
reply to post by chaosinorder

You call my declaration of matters with religious content preaching. I started this as a discussion. Yet you have taken what I have stated as something personal.

I have as much right here to post as anyone else. Who do you think you are to tell me what to do. If you do not like what I post then why don't you read something else.

You ask me who do you think you are to tell me what to do...
Same thing i am asking what right do you have to instill fear upon people disturbing their peace ? Isnt there enough 'real' thingsto worry about? Who are you to preach here? If you have right to preach here , then i have the right to comment here.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

What proof do you have that you were a Christian?

IS there proof?

How would one go about proving this? It kind of reminds me of the story in the bible about the widow and the rich man tithing.

Anyway, to the OP, I appreciate that fact that you clearly have deep faith in the Christian diety. In a way, I envy that, as it surely must bring you some peace. I respect people who despite the overwhelming evidence, will stand by their beliefs. I know me personally, I'm always changing my mind.

That being said, do you not find it slightly ironic that whilst you are admonishing fear mongers, your posts are full...ignore the Bible at your own peril admonishments?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

Comment away! I never asked anything different. I just ask you not to dictate to me what and what not to do.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

You may call me a fear monger, I call it a warning. We are on the very brink of the last 7 years before the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Armageddon is approxiamately 7 years from now. Time and space does not allow me to prove this here.

Some come here only to discredit truth. If I did not care about people I wouldn't bother with giving this warning.

I know the spiritual battle that rages. And, I will not coward down to debunkers.

And you obviously have proof for your claims, right

Cause if you don't, you're like one of the crazy guys standing at speaker's corner in Hyde Park, or on Times Square in NYC. They too talk about armageddon, and have been doing so for dozens of years...which is ironic because they always state it's going to happen "soon"

Even if you believe the end is near (which pardon me is a very sad way to look at the world), it's probably not God initiating it

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Merigold

Yes, there is proof! "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:" (Romans 8:16)

The proof is the gift of the spirit of God that comes to live on the inside of the believer. A true believer knows that they know that the spirit of Christ lives in them.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Actually, I believe the proof is from several different sources of Biblical research from several researchers. But, my favorite one is on You Tube
called "THE JONAH CODE" Specific info about where we are at can be viewed on DISC 5 starting at about clip 4 or 5 and continueing to 12.

This is dealing with the prophecy given to Daniel regarding the end of time as we know it and the return of the Lord.

Another good source can be found on David Flynn's forum called "Watcher Website"

And, in addition the book written by Tom Horn called "Apollyon Rising 2012"

That should keep anyone busy for a while. It is some good stuff.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You call my declaration of matters with religious content preaching. I started this as a discussion. Yet you have taken what I have stated as something personal.

I have as much right here to post as anyone else. Who do you think you are to tell me what to do. If you do not like what I post then why don't you read something else.

As a Christian, I would probably agree with you on the majority of posts and thoughts on religion. That's just an assumption, but probably a safe one.

Unfortunately, this subforum has a specific purpose and your thread should have been posted in BTS in the spirituality section.

I would be a hypocrite if I pointed out anti-religious threads that were effectively spam (which I have) without also pointing out that there is no conspiracy in the OP either.

I'm certainly not a mod, but I would assume that you have a right to post as long as you followed the rules and did it in the right place.

Eric

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Nice thread, glad to see there are a few with common sense here at ATS.

For christians, even if all we believe is wrong and there is no God, what have we lost in life? But if we are right (which we are) we have gained everything and then some.

Think about it, true Christians (not catholics, JW's, mormons, benny hinn, rick warren, joel olsten, or any other fool) are the happiest, cleanest, honest, most faithful, joyful people on the planet.

I myself wake up with a smile and a song in my heart most every day, knowing I will spend eternity with my Lord when I die. And YOU will die, there is no way around it.

So even if we are wrong, we still have the best life compared to those lost and without hope or Christ in this world.

Now, what about those who do not believe in God? What happens if they are right? Nothing as well right? But what happens if they are wrong....?

Well, our wonderful, kind and loving savior tells us in his Holy word:

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dallas1611
Think about it, true Christians (not catholics, JW's, mormons, benny hinn, rick warren, joel olsten, or any other fool) are the happiest, cleanest, honest, most faithful, joyful people on the planet.

Does your wrist start hurting when you paint with a brush that wide?

Eric

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas1611

Now, what about those who do not believe in God? What happens if they are right? Nothing as well right? But what happens if they are wrong....?

Ah, Pascal's Wager

If someone has a genuine disbelief in God you honestly think God is going to be fooled if they decide to start pretending to believe in him? I think it's pretty disingenuous to believe ONLY as a get out of Hell free card.

Also your post seems to be saying that those who do not believe all lead empty hollow lives but what about people of other faiths? I'm sure there are plenty of happy Hindus and Buddhists. Joy, happiness and contentment are all achievable with no God whatsoever or with a God other than the one Christians believe in. There are also some Christians who are hopeless, who see the evil in the world and beg for rapture or death to come swiftly to carry them to their God.

If there is no God, imagine how much of those people's finite lives were wasted on complete and utter hogwash. Instead of finding meaning in this life they would rather wait for an afterlife we can't know for sure is coming.

Pascal's Wager is generally considered a very flawed argument.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Great thread I agree totally , as a society fear is what has shaped us all to a degree.
I have appreciated this thread a lot thanks

top topics

<< 1   >>

join