It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody run, A Fear Monger is Here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
The use of the phrase, "Fear Mongering" has become not only convenient for the unlearned/ignorant but, is used to disseminate that ignorance so that they feel better about themselves for being that way and, to keep others on the same playing field.

It would seem that being unlearned/ignorant about certain matters in which others have insight is a threat to their intellegence. When accusations of "fear mongering" are let loose, the phrase becomes the vehicle that drives doubt into the minds of others as well. This is a safe place to be for the one crying wolf, among the spiritually blind with an audience, so they think.

The accuser therefore, howbeit ever so subtle, can remain the expert (at least in his/her own mind) and, convinces others that no one has insight into certain matters but themselves.

Many have a need or at least feel that they should be the "Top Dog." They have become wise in their own eyes and if certain insight into a matter does not agree with their "great knowledge," then, "by god it cannot be right and by god, I'll make sure everybody knows it!"

In the end many will be ashamed. In the end many have become fools.

In the Book of Psalms, chapter 14, verse 1 it says that, "the fool has said in his heart there is no God."

It is quite understandable why some blame others for, "fear mongering" when speaking of the things of God, Bible prophecy, end-time events, etc...
It is because the accuser does not understand spiritual matters so, what better way to discount the one who does, by trying to make them look bad so as to elevate themselves.

To me it is very foolish on the behalf of one who cries, "FEAR MONGERING" when someone else is more enlightened regarding certain issues than they, who are merely giving warning of road blocks on the paths of life and instruction about detours that will get one safely to his/her destination.

I would caution travelers, of those who come out knashing their teeth because, someone has opened a Bible, God forbid! I would caution a traveler, about those who know nothing of the Bible but say, "it is not true!" How stupid is that?

When I speak the Word of God, I don't do it to peddle fear which is what a monger is, a peddler. There may be those who by their charm peddle unbelief but, there are travelers who will not be charmed or convinced.

Some travelers will hear and follow the detours that will lead them to safety. But, then again there will be those who will be convinced that it is only "fear mongering."

For those who want to deny ignorance, then my advice is to deny a platform for the one who is yelling the loudest, "FEAR MONGER!" "FEAR MONGER!" "FEAR MONGER!"

For those who would now have me prove the Bible to be true. Let me get done laughing first , then I will say I don't have to prove anything. Try to make yourself feel better on someone elses account.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;" Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:" (Romans 1:18-20)

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Indeed you are right my friend, fear has a hold on the masses and tptb know it. No! new ways of thinking came from staying within the lines of playing it safe. The person who shouts "fear monger" the loudest is normally the person who has the most fear in them...

S+F for you.....

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

Thanks! God Bless!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So kudos on speaking boldly.

I've noticed that you can tell a lot about a person by how they react to the possibility of being wrong. Most people fear it -- to the point of denying and closing their minds. Others seem to almost enjoy it, as along with the possibility of being wrong comes the opportunity for self-improvement.

Being wrong, and seen as wrong, also tends to undermine control one has contrived over others. Perhaps that is what the 'powerful' fear most?

Just some food for thought. Interesting thread.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
excellent post... Star and Flag. I just hope this doesn't turn into another Religious slug feast.
2nd line

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
[x] random statement
[ ] backup
[ ] useful/interesting post

So you make a random statement, use the bible as proof, yet refuse to back up the validity of your source. I'm trying to figure out what this is...but the best word to describe it is "dumb".

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Target Earth

As far as I am concerned, I don't attend Religious slug feasts. I don't like what is served 90% of the time.

All a person can do is present their heart. Even though their may be some who will stomp on it .

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

To call this post dumb, is not wise. To you it may be dumb. To others it is a nugget of great worth.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
[x] random statement
[ ] backup
[ ] useful/interesting post

So you make a random statement, use the bible as proof, yet refuse to back up the validity of your source. I'm trying to figure out what this is...but the best word to describe it is "dumb".

I second that. I think half day of sunday hearing about is enough, not that its useful.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

Why is it that those who don't want to here of religious matters are the ones who post and dis those who post on the religious threads, i.e. "Conspiracies In Religion"

I don't understand why those who are not interested in eternal matters go out of their way to introduce darkness.

It is not darkness that dispels light. It is when the light is turned on when the darkness is dispelled.

Your post does not harm me, it just shows that you agree with darkness.

Personally, I will continue in my endeavor to deny ignorance.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

In the Book of Psalms, chapter 14, verse 1 it says that, "the fool has said in his heart there is no God."

Which is funny because the vast majority of atheists wouldn't say there definitely isn't a God, just that there is no evidence of one and therefore no reason to believe other than blind faith.

And by the way blind faith is far more ignorant than the decision to use EVIDENCE as the basis for one's beliefs. If there is a God shouldn't there be evidence of one of some kind sufficient to convince the skeptical? If God can't even convince the average intelligent skeptic than how is He/she/it all powerful by any means?

For the record I don't recall ever resorting to calling someone a fear monger, this I feel refers more to politicians than to religious folks. Religious people are just defending their beliefs and that's fine with me but I've had plenty of discussions where religious people pull out the old "your disbelief and criticism of my beliefs are just intolerance and ignorance" - rather than attacking the claims they will say that I am just blindly and wildly assaulting their beliefs out of some need for rebellion against God. Yeah, I'm rebelling against a God I don't even believe in, makes perfect sense

They see any attack on their religion as an attack on their God but don't believers know that dogma and doctrine are NOT the same as deity.

I would caution a traveler, about those who know nothing of the Bible but say, "it is not true!" How stupid is that?

As a former believer myself I know plenty about the Bible and its absurdly glaring flaws. It was these flaws in the scripture that helped me lose my faith. I remember still being a Christian and going to people saying:

How can the Bible be the word of God? It says we should kill witches, and people who work on the Sabbath, and women who aren't virgins when they get married.

And they would say things like:

That's the old covenant, that doesn't apply to us. (Yet they teach the ten commandments in Sunday School.)

I used to wonder about that excuse - Why did God change his mind? Suddenly it seems the God who is the same Yesterday today and forever didn't want people killing each other but instead sent a Prince of Peace (and yet he came not to bring Peace but to bring a sword).

The answer of course is that God did not change his mind or give any of those rules. The answer is that mankind creates his own morals to live by and that those morals shift with time. In the darkest times of humanity the primitive minds of man could pretend that a loving God would condone horror and evil - the fact that anyone can defend such things still today sickens me to the core.

In conclusion:

You're not a fear monger and I agree that those who call you such are just grasping at straws. If they understood the flaws of Christianity as I do they wouldn't need to grasp at straws, they would be able to lay bare the inadequacies of the fundamentalist belief system with ease.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1)

"...for whatsoever [is] not of faith is sin." (Romans 14:23b)

"But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6)

You may be able to convince others of that great wisdom you possess, but you are barking up the wrong tree if you think you can convince me that you are some great one. Maybe in your own mind. What proof do you have that you were a Christian? Certainly not by your words. To lead others away from light is more in line with anti-Christ.

Post away, it will not harm me, you only harm yourself.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Here is some fear mongering for you!

For every person you turn away from the true God by your anti-biblical views, their blood will be on your hands.

It is God's will that all men be saved. Repent before it is too late.

I know, "FEAR MONGER!" "FEAR MONGER!" "FEAR MONGER!"

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't worry about whether I am thought of as a fear monger or not. People can be saved because of fear. It if for those people that we would speak out.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

I never accused you of being a fear monger, you've just done it yourself. Guilty conscience much

No need to be so hostile, there can be a discussion of religious issues without anger.

Rather than address any of the flaws I pointed out you've instead resorted to claiming I was never a Christian to begin with.

I assure you I was. I grew up in a fundamentalist family and was taught the Bible was the perfect word of a perfect God. I spent countless hours crying out to Jesus and even learned to speak in tongues. I do not need to prove this to you, take it or leave it, there is no way to transport you back in time and lay my mind bare for you.

I even spent a few misguided years defending Creationism against evolution... but then I found the truth and, well, it really does set you free.

As I grew up I found that the questions I had about the Bible and about Church teachings were never answered adequately by those around me.

God was supposed to be loving but yet the Old testament has him committing genocide openly against innocent children in Egypt.

God was supposed to be loving and yet plans on condemning a majority of people to a fiery pit for eternity. Infinite punishment for a finite amount of sin isn't even fair by human standards and if anything God's justice and mercy is meant to surpass that of man.

There are a myriad of baffling practices in the Bible that God is depicted condoning including forcing a rape victim to marry her attacker. Deuteronomy 22:28-29 - surely you cannot defend this as the wisdom of the almighty.

The pages of the Bible, I found, did not contain Godly wisdom but only the frail and flawed wisdom of man.

I myself am not a "great one" and I have limited wisdom and knowledge but even a child, if not indoctrinated to believe, would easily perceive the absurdities and flaws of the Bible for what they are. Once again, why do believers confuse their God with the book that flawed men wrote about him?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

Why is it that those who don't want to here of religious matters are the ones who post and dis those who post on the religious threads, i.e. "Conspiracies In Religion"

I don't understand why those who are not interested in eternal matters go out of their way to introduce darkness.

It is not darkness that dispels light. It is when the light is turned on when the darkness is dispelled.

Your post does not harm me, it just shows that you agree with darkness.

Personally, I will continue in my endeavor to deny ignorance.

Already there are enough things heard like what you say everywhere . Dont spam here in ATS too is my request to you . Forum is for discussing reasonable and credible things and not for preaching. I am not trying to insult you. Please dont take it that way. But dont preach here. I think everybody has enough of hearing preachings no matter which religion they are. Dont do it here too in the forums which can be used for other things. Save it for sunday. No offence intended towards you.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

No, there will be no religious discussion with you here. I don't know where you think I have become angry. You do not know me yet, you have decided that I am writing out of anger?

You are mistaken and you also are in error when it comes to understanding the mind of God. Anyone can read the Old or New Testaments and come up with a multiple of conclusions.

You see God the way you want to see God because you lack understanding.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You call my declaration of matters with religious content preaching. I started this as a discussion. Yet you have taken what I have stated as something personal.

I have as much right here to post as anyone else. Who do you think you are to tell me what to do. If you do not like what I post then why don't you read something else.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis

Here is some fear mongering for you!

For every person you turn away from the true God by your anti-biblical views, their blood will be on your hands.

It is God's will that all men be saved. Repent before it is too late.

I know, "FEAR MONGER!" "FEAR MONGER!" "FEAR MONGER!"

Mhhhh, yeah...fear monger...I mean what else would you call what you just wrote

If someone steals something, and then says "don't call me a thief", that's pretty ridiculous. So is this thread.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You may call me a fear monger, I call it a warning. We are on the very brink of the last 7 years before the return of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Armageddon is approxiamately 7 years from now. Time and space does not allow me to prove this here.

Some come here only to discredit truth. If I did not care about people I wouldn't bother with giving this warning.

I know the spiritual battle that rages. And, I will not coward down to debunkers.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join