It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange happenings the last few days...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
this all started last Friday night/early Saturday morning. we had a few friends over drinking, playing cards. I finally went to bed around 5 am. one of my friends was too drunk to drive so she stayed on my couch. about 10 minutes after I got in bed the door to my bedroom started to move back & forth. it started slowly, barely moving & progressed to moving a good bit back & forth. my cats were sitting at the foot of the bed watching the door. every time it stopped moving they would appear to be watching something move, both of them always focused in the same direction.I was really tired & got angry because the creaking sound was keeping me from falling asleep. I threw a shoe at the door in my anger and it completely stopped. out of curiosity I got up to make sure there wasnt something moving the door. when walking to the door I felt something grab my ankle. it felt just like a human hand. when I looked down the feeling was gone instantly. I got in bed, chalking it all up to the buzz I had, & went to sleep.

last night I am lying there trying to fall asleep & the door starts again. my wife was already asleep & every time I woul wake her to make sure I wasnt losing my marbles it would stop. my wife finally said to me "leave me alone" in an angry tone. as soon as she said this my ac unit screeched & died. then for a few seconds I hear this thumping sound going down the hall. a few seconds later the lights flickered a few times and I hear these clicking sounds and power starts going out. my wife was still awake & bothered by this as much as I was. I grabbed my pistol & flashlight & knowing that sound I headed to the breaker box. the breaker for the ac was tripped(off, but in that halfway position) but the rest of them had been turned completely off.

we have been living here for nearly 6 years. there have been other instances where things like shoes start moving out of the blue or household items come up missing & days later are found in odd places. for a couple years I joked with my wife that she tried to kill me in my sleep because I woke up not being able to breathe, feeling like someone was strangling me with their hand. I always wrote it off as a dream until the other night. whatever grabbed my ankle really got me thinking about things.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
me thinks you have a friendly visitor.

if you are intune at all. sit one day, and talk to it/him/her
and ask why its doing whats it doing.
its all about controll, and you have to (if its a spirit) take control.

have u lost someone of late ? or in the past? that perhaps was a practical joker.

who knows. anyway, try what i said.

all the best with it

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I dont know what you mean by in tune...I doubt I am. to be honest until recently I didnt much believe in ghosts in any way shape or form. I am starting to come around it would seem because its the only logical explanation. there is NO WAY anything else could have turned my breakers off. my house is VERY secure & nothing comes in or out without me knowing about it. do these spirits usually prefer the dark? I ask because I had turned the lamp on just as my wife yelled at me & thats when whatever it was seemed to "stomp" down the hall.

also wanted to ask, the choking me part...should I worry about that? you seem to think it is joking. how would I know if it was not joking? could it be a weak spirit that wants me out or something?

[edit on 9-6-2004 by metalmessiah]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
when i say in tune, i refere to being able to feel energy. i presume you are not. if this is a new thing that has just started happening there could be a hundred differant reasons. could be you have a nuisance pet, a rat in your wall, a rat in yur house, dodgy electrics even. but the fact you post it here suggests you might feel it is supernatural. the times i have came across nasty spirits i can could on one finger, and thats after years of looking and searching in this area.
if anything there is a presence appeared due to any one of several reasons.
1. a loved one who died
2. a pet you lost (its been knows for pets to stay in the area after death)
3. a freind or loved one might have lost a loved one and brought it over
4. a lost energy is trying to communicate with you or your wife for reasons yet unknown.

sorry i cant help more, but i hope i did a little bit

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
when ghosts or "visitors" are trying to contact someone, why do they always seem to do mundane things like slowly sway a door open and shut, or knock off a picture from the wall, or turn on a stereo or tv? Why not just get out what they want in a more practical way like writing it in blood on thier wall, or typing it a thousand times on thier computer, or just flat out SAY IT?!?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
..also to note, energy failure for me is a sure sign a presence is near. for some reason spirit energy feeds of or interferes with electricity.
the number of times i have lost power on cameras and camcorders whilst doing a vigil is in the dozens.
also blew mu power supply on my pc once when i was contacted by a freinds dead father.

keep in mind u are always in control, and your energy beats any spirits energy with ease.
try not to show or feel fear (easier said that done
) and stay in controll.
acceptance somehow can lead to the anomaly stopping or calming down

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
when ghosts or "visitors" are trying to contact someone, why do they always seem to do mundane things like slowly sway a door open and shut, or knock off a picture from the wall, or turn on a stereo or tv? Why not just get out what they want in a more practical way like writing it in blood on thier wall, or typing it a thousand times on thier computer, or just flat out SAY IT?!?

although its hard to beleive, 99% of spirits are still in the main human by nature. careing people who only ask for help. so for them to scare someone so bad is 99% of the time a non starter, and aganst there nature. i like the question u ask, as i have asked myself that a few times. but the signs are there, all you have to do is open your eyes to them.
if you were in a house, and someone was ingoring you, what would you do ? write a nasty message on a wall with blood, or throw a cup at them ?

realise spirits are still thinking as we think, and are compasionate and loving int he main.
when we die, i believe we stand in judgement against ourselfs.

these are only my views, and may be far fetched and wrong.
i always keep that in mind when reading other peoples posts

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
too many things point to it being a spirit. especially the breakers being off. as I stated the a/c unit went out. the unit is only a couple years old and was just serviced & checked out a few months ago. if I could draw you a picture of my house & a timeline of what happened you would see what I mean. the path you would take from my door to the breaker panel would pass by the a/c. the breaker for the a/c tripped when it went out(the a/c is right outside my bedroom window btw). then the stomping sounds down the hall. then the sound of the other breakers tripping one at a time several seconds later. when I checked them all the other breakers werent tripped but physically turned off and the door to the panel was left open. the panel is mounted at eye level & I cant fathom anything other than a person that could turn them off like that. it all happened just too in time, like the events were a response to the angry vibe.

another thing I forgot to mention was that after I turned the breakers back on all of my cats were on my dresser in my bedroom staring into the mirror. this have any significance? can spirits that are normally not visible be seen in a mirror or something?

[edit on 9-6-2004 by metalmessiah]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I don't know if this is related, but I've had horrible luck with mechanical things lately. last thursday my freezer died..then the next day my transmission died... That same day I had a friend die of a sudden heart attack... Although he wasn't mechanical, it still sucked!

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
to answer other questions I havent lost a loved one in a long time. as I stated before this didnt just start happening. its just the things that happened lately changed my perception of what is happening. strange things that may or may not be related have happened since I moved here. I would always find a way to write it off until now. my house was built in 1912 so I guess any number of spirits could be connected to it. I did have a neighbor tell me that there was a bad fire in this house about 20 years ago. he didnt say if anyone had died. it came up when we were talking about my roof.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I think the part about the spook choking you is definately a sign that it's not a nice spook! YES, I'd be worried. Nice spooks don't do that sort of thing.

Questions - have you been conjuring (Tarots, boards, etc.)? This invites them.

If you feel in danger, get the house blessed. Choking is a danger. A priest will bless the house for you. You don't have to be Catholic. You can also get holy water from a Catholic Church and I'd get a blessed St. Michael Medal too boot.

If you are feeling no danger and you want to know more - get a small voice recorder and try for EVPs. When it is night and quiet turn on your recorder and ask a question. Wait for about four breaths and ask another. Keep them simple. Ask a few questions. Wait a good length of time between. Later play back the tape at full sound. Listen closely. See if you get an answer.

But dont' forget .... they will notice if you notice them.
That makes them bolder.

(yes, we have spooks in our house and I wish we didn't)

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Incubus--beware,, they are agressive shadow demons-- night terror demons

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
ok, you guys are freaking me out now. FlyersFan, no I have never conjured or anything like that. whatever it is was here before I moved here. so are you saying I should act like they are not even there? others have told me to tell them to leave. I am confused.I talked to the guy behind me today. he lived here when he was a kid. he turned white as a sheet when I asked him if he had ever seen anything strange before in this house. he said when he was really young he had night terrors every night. he also said he woke up with something choking him and it left marks. said he had things fly across the room & break, lights go on& off, nightmares of a stranger telling him to get out of his house. could a Baptist minister help? I think a Catholic might make it worse

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
and here is me trying not to scare the bajesus out the poor man

go get a spiratualist and get them to look over the house.
and i stand by my "you are in controll" statement. as long as you stay cool and dont panic you will stay on top of this for sure.

go get a medium/spiratulist/psychic person
and do it a.s.a.p

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I was living in a house once where a lot of creepy stuff was going on. I would here loud thumps as well and even footsteps walking around the house. My roommates heard these as well. One night I was reading a book with a lamp behind me. I was hearing footsteps getting closer and all of a sudden a shadow was blocking the lamp, or else interfering with it and dulling the light.
But anyway, I stick with shauny's statements. You have to be strong and let them know that you are in charge. I told the spirit that I don't care if it hangs around the house, but that we are going to get along and I won't allow them to mess around with my head anymore. But anyway, everything stopped and the feeling I got by being in the house became much more pleasant.
So, I wouldn't necessarily try to rid the spirit because they probably have as much claim as you do, but I would let them know that they should stop messing around with you. You yourself contain a considerable amount of energy, so you can always flex your energy power. Its something you just have to feel out for yourself...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
..also to note, energy failure for me is a sure sign a presence is near. for some reason spirit energy feeds of or interferes with electricity.
the number of times i have lost power on cameras and camcorders whilst doing a vigil is in the dozens.
also blew mu power supply on my pc once when i was contacted by a freinds dead father.

Have we got any astral projection buffs here? I tried it once and I simply don't seem to have the ability, but the book I'd been reading mentioned to stay the hell away from electricity, because your own energy could become bound by it. In other words... souls stick to power lines. Anyone want to bear me out or debunk me on this, cause I don't know for sure.

As for what they are... I have questions about your house.
1. Is there anything that seems to set this off? Like drinking, having certain people over, having sex, certain days of the week, playing music, discussing certain things? (According to the "godly" people I used to associate with, demons rely on certain things for a "foothold" in your life.
2. What are the religious convictions of everyone in your house? If in fact this is a demon, Christians are supposedly less succeptible to attacks, and theoretically can not be possessed.
3. Does anyone there know anyone who recently died, or who is into mysticism or the occult? (would indicate an astral-projection guest or deceased visitor maybe?)

I've dealt with what I believe was a demon in the past. In fact on rare occasions I still do see the problems that lead me to believe this. Everywhere I've been, but especially when I had my own place, the air conditioning always seemed to find its way to 60 degrees. The shower would be set as hot as possible, and the valve would be jammed to make the shower come on right away... which would burn me. On rare occasions, there would be a brown smear on the wall as if somebody had wiped with their finger and then rubbed it off on the wall- this was always in the bathroom. My blinds make unusual amounts of noise at night. The gas on the stove will be left on. The ends of my cassette tapes (back when i still listened to them) would sometimes be erased, and once an unintelligible conversation was recorded over it.
All of this stuff worsened BADLY for about a 2 week span when I was living with my fiance, who had once been into wicca.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
there doesnt seem to be anything in particular that sets it off. but once again this has happened off & on over the last 6 years & I didnt really believe in "ghosts" so I didnt put much thought into it. I am Christian(Baptist) but dont go to church or anything. my wife is agnostic. your third question put a thought in my head. my sister has been into the occult & mysticism off & on for most of her life. her most recent practice was Wicca. we have always had a up & down relationship. I know she was into using spells & things on people she didnt like & swore it always worked. wonder if she might have somehow cursed me or something & forgot about it. can you turn that stuff off or is it forever??? you continue to freak me out

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Any updates metal messiah?

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i have had weird experiences lately as i wake up half way through the night feeling like i cant breathe! i woke up one night i was half asleep and i could see a figure it was blurry i tried to focus but it was hard so i just lay back down and went back to sleep. i also lye there and hear a sort of bird flapping noise i get up and theres nothing there im not scared im just really curious i want to know wat it is.

posted on Jul, 18 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Tell it to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. I'm serious. If it is a demon or un-friendly ghost as the others have said, I'm sure it's not on the same side as Jesus. A few times when things like that would happen in my room, I said that and it stopped. A while back, my stereo was displaying characters in Japanese! I took a class in Japanese and can read those letters but didn't have my glasses on so only caught a few glimpses. (No, I'm not lying or crazy. I have a thread on this. Also, if you look at my other posts I'm pretty skeptical.) I said that, and it left. I am a Christian, not sure if that makes a difference in it leaving. I know that demons are of course afraid of Jesus. If you tell them to leave in his name, they will leave. But you have to say it loud enough so whatever is there can hear it. Or get a bible and put it on a night stand next to your bed. If you don't have a night stand, just put it somewhere close to you. If you don't have a bible...get one haha. Churches usually give them out free.

<<   2 >>

join