It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

**Standoff! Nation of Islam confronts Secret Service in Chicago!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

President's men in testy showdown with Farrakhan mansion security

May 30, 2010

NEW YORK – Secret Service agents and security officers of Louis Farrakhan's Nation of Islam engaged in what the White House called a "standoff" near President Barack Obama's Chicago home last night.

Obama, who is spending the holiday weekend in Chicago, decided to pay a visit to a friend, Marty Nesbitt, for an old-fashioned barbeque. Nesbitt, however, is a neighbor to the controversial Farrakhan, and that is when problems began.

According to White House press pool reports obtained by WND, a group of reporters were staking out the Obama family and were holding on a city street in front of the Farrakhan mansion. At one point, the Secret Service allowed reporters off the van they were traveling in to get some fresh air. About a dozen journalists congregated on the sidewalk in front of the Farrakhan home, which quickly prompted a visit by a so-called "polite man," who asked the group "to stay off the grass," though the White House pooler insisted they were on city property.

The Farrakhan agent eventually asked the accompanying Secret Service officer to "move the van and its occupants," an interaction that soon escalated to a contest of machismo between Nation of Islam officers and the Secret Service. The on-duty Secret Service officer identified himself as such and assured the Farrakhan agent, "We will do nothing to interfere with whatever is going on in there."

But shortly thereafter, three more people emerged from the Farrakhan mansion wearing T-shirts reading "Wide or Die." One of the three was described by a press pooler as "staring daggers at us." Meanwhile, as evening approached, the Obama family continued to enjoy their Memorial Day party, unaware of what was going on just outside.

By 8 p.m., the Farrakhan group ballooned to a dozen men, who began chanting "Islam" and photographing the White House reporters, their van and its license plate. One man approached the reporters, but was intercepted by the Secret Service agent, who asked him "to please move away from this group of people."
The White House press pool was advised by the Secret Service to get back into their parked van, and shortly thereafter, three Secret Service reinforcements arrived. They, in turn, were met by 10 additional Farrakhan followers, bringing the total to four Secret Service agents versus 22 Nation of Islam representatives. The situation has been described in White House emails as "a standoff." It was never clear whether any or all of the Farrakhan representatives were armed. Source: www.wnd.com...

Hmmm Okay. We either are going to see a mass swarm of SWAT officers storming this place in a day or two or we see them getting more brasin in their defiance of the USA. WHich is it?

Makes me want to scream With Friendsl like there.... Who needs enemies.

Can we please get rid of this Putz Obama and his "Friends". Way to go people who voted for Obama. Guess we can mark this one up as another First for the POTUS.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Obama in Chicago.
That's trouble.
Mixing it up with Farrakhan.
More trouble.
I bet the next thing we see is irReverent Wright and Jackson making the scene. This will make a perfect storm.
S&F (do u ever sleep Anon?)

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Violater1]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This is crazy. Of course they were armed. Let's see what President Obama has to say about this issue. I can tell you the Nation of Islam will be voting Republican if President Obama criticize the incident.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Interesting..

I've never known the SS to back down to anyone.. I'm rather surprised.

I wonder how the Nation of Islam officers were armed..

If I recall handguns aren't legal in Chicago..

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Seems to me like they just didn't like all the comotion on their stoop, or all the pictures/video being taken, so they gave the press a taste of their own annoying medicine.

And then it got sensationalized.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I am not a fan of organized religions or anything, but have you ever listened to Farrakhan??

He is a pretty hard core conspiracy theorist

He honestly sounds like a average ATSer, no joke.

I honestly find it pretty hilarious.

He even cusses a lot too.

He is kind of like Pat Robertson in some ways. Always saying something crazy and acting all serious about it.

Take what they say with a grain of salt, try to find humor in life, and you will be fine imo.

I agree with what alaskan said completely about the story "And then it got sensationalized."

Louis Farrakhan: The Conspiracy of The International Bankers (Part 1)

He has actually done a good deal of research. Talking about the Rothschilds!

Who knows what motives he has for this kind of talk. I wonder if it's honest/genuine or a set up?

[edit on 31-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

No time to sleep.
)

Well, I think that when they only sent 3 backup-the writing was on the wall for those reporters. You ain't worthy!

They all are all dam lucky these guys didn't pull out their night sticks and/or big guns. It would have been ugly.

No doubt the other side had bigger guns to use.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

With so few SS, I wonder if the obamanation is really there.
I've seen the convoys with two choppers in the air. And how many SS turned up?
Makes me wonder.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Smells like there may be a tragic date with a bungled ATF standoff complete with tanks and an inferno.

To me it looks like the government was openly sniffing around to see what would happen.

Now that they have their answer, I wonder what they will do with it.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

So...Farrakan (spelling?) decides to muck it up with the secret service....and you somehow draw the connection that he's in coherts with Obama?

Wow... thats all i can say....wow...

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

No, its the company he keeps and where they decided to reside. THis event just bring to light-more- the people Obama associates himself with.

I bet you this event doesn't happen again.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Farrakhan is more of a leader than obama can ever hope to be.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I wonder how many Nation of Islam bodyguards 4 SS agents could take out. I'm guessing they could do some damage.

Don't know much about Farrakhan, but I'd be willing to bet he is after something with better intentions that the truly powerful people running the world.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This really sounds incredibly exagerated in my own personal opinion.

There may have only been 4 secret service (please stop calling them SS, makes me think of the 3rd Reich) involved in direct confrontation, but do you honestly think there were not 30-50 heavily armed and well-trained law enforcement/personal security personel within 15 seconds of Obama's location?

It sounds like Farrakhan's people were just protecting the premises and attempted to scare the reporters (who Farrahkan dislikes) out of the area. The secret service agents seemed to go past their own PSD and let Farakhan's people know that they are not going to harass the reporters on public property. This "standoff" was nothing more than a d# measuring contest.

This is not the wild west, and had one of Farakhan's men been dumb enough to brandish a weapon in a threatening manner, not only would one of the many snipers/marksmen in the area have quickly dealth with him or her, but a fully armed tactical response team would have responded in seconds defusing the situation.

The media loves to hype a story though, the "standoff" version gives it such a wild west flair!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

I think you think it is like on TV-armies just waiting for his mouth to open and utter words.

It isn't. I am sure Obama as on lax detail this weekend and I think the press was luck they had one Agent there at all.

I wouldn't be too quick to judge this story yet. When those reporters get back to their home base, more will come out. Probably pics and vids.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'm fairly impressed with the SS agents for not allowing the situation to escalate more than it did. Tricky situation for those guys. Trying to respect the bodyguard's 'rights' while tasked with protecting the president/press pool is a pretty crappy predicament to find oneself in.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I actually speak from more experience then you may realize. I have been assigned to 4 PSD's (personal security details) throughout my relatively short military career, two of which were domestic operations. I would assume from your post that you assume the President is capable of traveling with "lax" security, but I assure you, people of much less importance than the POTUS generally require a larger PSD than 4-10 secret service members. The secret service may only leave a handful of visible detail members in the vicinity, but the POTUS' protection is of the highest national importance. There is no way in heck that Obama was traveling anywhere without armed tactical response teams on a short leash, let alone sharpshooters.

Take my word or leave it, just throwin my .02 out there so people can make educated decisions on their own.

You are certainly correct though, I will reserve further judgement until more facts head our way.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark VA84

I don't know. We'll have to wait and see what the details to the visit decision were. Like if Obama is riding down the road and says: Hey, I want to get off the highway and go to my friends house a few miles from here-NOW.

There is no way for the advance teams to do any checking or route approval etc. Those type of units would have to make the decision to stay at the main site of go running off to find the POTUS etc.

And besides, this was the Press Pool Van. Not their biggest concern. The only ones in danger in this operation was the Reporters and the agents. At least at first. I am sure though not much security was pulled to go there and aide the media. I couldn't buy that one.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaxpayersUnleashed
Farrakhan is more of a leader than obama can ever hope to be.

Wow, in a strange way you are absolutely correct!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Dang Singnals. I missed that one. Good eye.

Well, I guess it depends what you call a leader. But as far as people going along with ones' crazy ideas-yes, he's a leader, of Fools

new topics

top topics

join