It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reports: Israeli ships attack aid flotilla

page: 71
<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ok this has become simply ridiculous. Side A knew there was a blockade from Side B. Side B said they would engage anything breaching the blockade. Side A ignored this and went in. Side B landed to stop them with weapons. Side A engaged with petty handheld items. Side A got shot and failed.

That's what happens. Live with it, you lost. Now please accept the fact that this whole war is over. The more you attempt to scrape up what little remains of Palestine, the more get killed.

Germany, when occupied, learned this lesson well. They are now civilized. Many civilians died. Sad. But that's that. They learned, ceased, and today are free.

Humanity sucks. And unfortunately repeatedly punching an opponent seems to be the only way to get the point universally that you lose, so move on.

At this point I really don't care for either side. You are both children. Bah bah wah wha, he touched me, no he touched me.

[*SNIP*]

Turns out Israel won the war. So now there is only one side. Be silent and stop nonsense. You both losers decided to brawl to figure out who is worthy. One side lost, the other won. Now you see. So stop trying to punch a dead horse. Israel has the bigger balls. woo ho. Now stop.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Gorman91]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/31/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

Looks like Americans were involved.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by AllIsOne

Don't misunderstand or misrepresent what I just posted and as you found, the video is all over the news channels.

The weapons show premeditation.

Were they right to do this? That's up to the individuals take on this. Were these innocent people trying to deliver aid? No. Will what these people did fix anything? No. Will it serve a noble purpose? No. Could it make things worse? Yes. Was it a wise move? No. Were the dead innocent victims? No, they knowingly took actions that lead to their own death.

Sorry, can't take you seriously.

I have a gun in my house for protection. Do I show premeditation for murder ...

If you are an American you don't even know your own constitution. Epic fail on your part

I can accept that argument as valid if you can demonstrate to me that these people were in fact, in their own homes when this took place. Otherwise, the analogy doesn't carry. The reports I got here were that they were aboard ships, headed for and intent on breaking a blockade which they had clearly been warned not to do.

To carry your analogy further, I have arms in my home as well. Things would not go so well for other folks bringing their own arms, intent on violating my curtelage.

Since when did my American Constitution extend all the way out to where this incident took place?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Horrible analogy. Has that "old woman"attacked you in the past? Are you having trouble making sure the old woman isnt being supplied with more weapons to attack you with again? I think if you let the old woman know that you are going to search her when she approaches you and she still approaches you then she knows she is going to be searched! LMAO.

Originally posted by TSawyer
reply to post by princeofpeace

That's like me saying I am going to kill an old woman next week five hundred times. Because I said it five hundred times, that would make it less atrocious and less criminal? I question you, and others who support the of murder humanitarians' logic. Chanting to the world that you are going to commit a crime does not make it less of a crime because you chant it repeatedly and loud. It is not a friendly warning, it is an announcement of criminal intent and they should have been put down had we knew they weren't bluffing about committing murder. Nobody expected them to be so stupid to actually commit murder in public. We know they do it in the confinements of their apartheid but nobody expected them to be so stupid in public. Again, just because you chant that you are going to kill people in international seas and commit piracy doesn't make it less of a an atrocious inhumane crime.

"I killed an old woman, but I warned her five hundred times. She should have just allowed me to kill her the first time."

[edit on 31-5-2010 by TSawyer]

[edit on 31-5-2010 by princeofpeace]

link   

Originally posted by dubiousone
I am dismayed at the content of the post by forum moderator Maxmars. I hope this characterization of the flotilla's travellers doesn't reflect ATS'management view of the situation:

Originally posted by Maxmars on 5/31/2010 @ 02:17 PM

the pretentious holier-than-thou activists who dared them to do so by ignoring the warning this would happen?

these uppity hippes (sic)

I am only too happy to challenge your sensibilities.

I assure you my opinions are my own, they do not represent any aspect of this community, and yours doesn't either.

Evidently you hold these people in high regard. And that's all well a and good. The problem is you haven't shown me a manifest that declares everyone on the ship, and as a result it is not unreasonable to question how certain we can be of who else was on board.

But that bad people hide among those of good-will should be no stretch of the imagination. And that true or not, such an excuse could be 'sold' to the community is not out of the question.

There are many who view these people as saints. Perhaps they are. Let's hope they are not martyred for no reason other than hubris and vainglory.

[edit on 31-5-2010 by Maxmars]

link   
reply to post by makeitso

GENEVA — United Nations human rights chief Navi Pillay on Friday accused Israel of violating the rules of warfare with its blockade stopping people and goods from moving in or out of the Gaza Strip.

In a 34-page report on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Pillay also called on Israel to stop expanding its West Bank settlements and punish all settlers who attack Palestinians.

Pillay said the Gaza blockade amounts to collective punishment of civilians, which is prohibited under the Geneva Conventions on the conduct of warfare and occupation.

www.foxnews.com...

U.N. envoy Archbishop Desmond Tutu on Wednesday called the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip illegal and urged Palestinian militants to halt cross-border rocket attacks from the Hamas-controlled territory.

Tutu said the blockade was "a siege" and a "gross violation to Human Rights", echoing rights groups which accuse Israel of collective punishment. Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter last month referred to the blockade as an atrocity.

www.alertnet.org...

link   
reply to post by Gorman91

OK

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

link   
reply to post by jam321

They were not confronting anyone. What part of international seas do you and others not understand? So if some Jews (Khazars) were on a beach in America and some Americans came there to swim, the Khazars have the right to kill the Americans because they "confronted" them? Why are you asking whether or not they had other capabilities to deliver aid to Gaza? It shouldn't matter whether they swam, rode a donkey, or came by plane. Maybe if they came by plane and infringed Israeli airspace, but this was not the case. They came through international waters. ARRR Eeeh Ayyyy Deee the articles posted in this thread before replying.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I said that about 10 pages back. The manifest is online for all to see.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deccal

weird yes?

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Horrible analogy. Has that "old woman"attacked you in the past? Are you having trouble making sure the old woman isnt being supplied with more weapons to attack you with again? I think if you let the old woman know that you are going to search her when she approaches you and she still approaches you then she knows she is going to be searched! LMAO.

Originally posted by TSawyer
reply to post by princeofpeace

That's like me saying I am going to kill an old woman next week five hundred times. Because I said it five hundred times, that would make it less atrocious and less criminal? I question you, and others who support the of murder humanitarians' logic. Chanting to the world that you are going to commit a crime does not make it less of a crime because you chant it repeatedly and loud. It is not a friendly warning, it is an announcement of criminal intent and they should have been put down had we knew they weren't bluffing about committing murder. Nobody expected them to be so stupid to actually commit murder in public. We know they do it in the confinements of their apartheid but nobody expected them to be so stupid in public. Again, just because you chant that you are going to kill people in international seas and commit piracy doesn't make it less of a an atrocious inhumane crime.

"I killed an old woman, but I warned her five hundred times. She should have just allowed me to kill her the first time."

[edit on 31-5-2010 by princeofpeace]

When since has Turkey attacked Israel, or Italy, or Germany, or most of the countries participating in the humanitarian mission that was hijacked and dehumanized by terrorist pirates? When has Turkey, or Italy, or any of those countries attacked Israel with weapons? You are so stuck on propaganda that you probably forgot what we were talking about and thought about what you were taught about Hamas, Hezbollah, and all the other resistance to apartheid that exist in the region. These were aid TO Gaza FROM a multitude of countries. This isn't Fox News. There is nothing to twist or misunderstand. My analogy was spot on, warning international maritime that you are going to commit piracy in the days before their humanitarian mission does not make the piracy less of a crime, just like screaming that you are going to kill an old woman five hundred times does not make it less of a crime when you actually kill that old woman.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
attacking people who have automatic weapons is a bit silly.

news.bbc.co.uk...

[edit on 31-5-2010 by yeti101]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

no, it is ridiculous. The news page you posted is 100 percent racist. Look at the comments. They are screaming, that why IDF didnt kill all of them etc..
What kind of things are you reading

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I must adjourn. But I wanted to thank those who challenged me,for the opportunity; and those whom I've challenged, for their patience.

Remember, this community needs to exchange the ideas that may expand our horizons... some of you have done so - Thanks again.

Peace is more than word, as is war.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by DangerDeath

Looks like Americans were involved.

Yes, but not exposed.
And this site is biased.
Labeling "leftists" and "Muslims", which "justifies" their murder. That is so cheap.

This whole thing is between Turkey and Israel. They are already at war. Palestinians are (again) guinea pigs.

The whole economic nightmare has weakened West and Turkey is going for it. Israel is Western exponent in this area, it was meant to be. Even more than that. This is going to test strength of the West. It is inevitable.

This is moving at a much faster pace than North Korea thing, for which America is totally unprepared. NK is in reserve for now.

Israel just sent its nuclear weapons armed subs to Persian gulf, and this provocation comes from the Mediterranean side. Clever.

Next will be Turkey sending its ships in this area, and moving south against the "Kurd".

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso

Originally posted by Dagar
reply to post by makeitso

Except the blockade is illegal, and not recognised internationally ... To therefore use international law regarding LAWFUL blockades to justify ILLEGALLY boarding a ship, and justify it under an ILLEGAL blockade is disingenuous indeed

Except that it is not an illegal blockade, nor was the boarding illegal, as I have shown, with links and quotes to the documentation and appilicable law.

What is it you don't understand here!

Stop spreading misinformation!

If Israel had stopped these boats IN THEIR WATERS the International Law and agreement you posted COULD be applicable.

Then we wouldn't have this insane discussion you and me!

BUT THEY BOARDED THESE SHIPS IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS!

Therefore is The San Remo and Oslo Agreement you posted is 0 & void regarding this event!

Technically regarding to International Law in this special case: thís is an act of piracy and kidnapping & murder of soverign and European citizens on International waters.

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Israel was plain wrong and inhuman.

When is the expiration date on their free pass at doing ridiculously violent s***?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
THREAD NOTICE.

Please review the message at the top of this thread:

This thread is an ATS Big-Thread with 1417 replies, and subject to more strict moderation. Please stay focused. Stay on-topic. Minimal or off-topic posts and T&C violations are subject deletion and/or a warning.

Please refrain from adding 'meaningless' posts to the discussion. Personal jabs, posts consisting of nothing but emoticons, 'I agree posts,' and other posts that are not constructive to the thread will be removed.

This 'ATS Big Thread' is being closely moderated to help assist in keeping things on track. So please help us in doing so.

Thank you.

top topics

<< 68  69  70    72  73  74 >>

join