It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look to the sky right now!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It could just be a pulsar.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
You know, I'm going to be completely honest here.

A few days ago, I was driving north in New Jersey on a highway. I always see Venus on this route, and usually look at it every day when I make this drive. Except this particular day, during twilight, I saw Venus, and a much, much larger, brighter object very close to it that did not appear to be moving.

It actually seemed to pulsate in intensity, which was extremely odd. I did not have the means to capture a picture, although I wish I did. It would've looked like a larger, brighter Venus.

I will say I'm very accustomed to objects in the sky. I'm an amateur astronomer and have seem thousands of planes, satellites, etc. In other words, I'm not some random person looking up at the sky and seeing a plane heading straight towards them and mistaking it for a UFO. I know the difference. This was very weird, and I only saw it once.

Whatever it was, it was odd.

A friend of mine was heading home from work around the same time, he is also very into astronomy (we both have telescopes and often get together on clear nights for a few beers and the open sky), and he witnessed the same thing. The fact that neither of us could say "Oh it was a XXX" struck me as odd.

I'm not claiming it was anything, I'm just describing what we both saw.

EDIT: Let me just add that, as I mentioned, I'm looking at the night sky very often and I've never seen an object I couldn't identify. That's what made this kind of O_O for me at the time.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SaosinEngaged]

<< 1  2   >>

join