It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Gov removes State Atty Gen from Defense of Immigration Law! (WOW)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Gov. Jan Brewer has pushed aside the state's attorney general in Arizona's defense of its new law clamping down on illegal immigrants, accusing him of conspiring with the Obama administration as it considers whether to sue the state.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e15be064afcc.jpg[/atsimg]
Gov. Jan Brewer has pushed aside Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard in the state's defense of its new law clamping down on illegal immigrants

Brewer issued a statement late Friday night saying her legal team will defend the state against lawsuits challenging the measure. She invoked a provision in the law to have private attorneys represent the state. They already are representing her in some of the legal challenges to the law that name her as a defendant.

But Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard says Brewer can't kick him off the case. Goddard's top aide, Tim Nelson, said Saturday that Brewer can't invoke the provision because it hasn't taken effect yet and that there are constitutional questions. "We have real concerns about the constitutionality of that," Nelson said. "It's an open question."
Brewer's decision came after Justice Department officials met with Goddard -- a Democrat who will likely challenge Brewer, a Republican, in her re-election bid -- before meeting with her legal team.

"For some inexplicable reason, the Department of Justice officials met with the Arizona attorney general hours before meeting with the state of Arizona's legal team, and then allowed the attorney general to hold a press conference to discuss the meeting," she said in the statement.

"This level of coordination between the attorney general and the Obama administration is disturbingly similar to the coordination with Democratic Congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford earlier this week on President Obama's still unclear plan to deploy up to 1,200 National Guard troops to the border," she said.
While numerous police chiefs have criticized the law, several Arizona associations representing rank-and-file police officers support it. Source: www.foxnews.com...

Man-on-man. Things heating up in AZ adn Washington. Again, allegations of the Justice Depatrment overstepping it's limits. WTF is up with Obama and his administration. Are they just going to keep trying to bully everyone into their line of thinking?

I say YOU GO GIRL-GIVE 'EM HELL!!. How dare the AZ AG even agree to meet with the the Justive folks after it was made publicly known they were going to file a law suit. I think it screams of being unethical!

We all must supposrt AZ on this. Although you may not agree with this particular issue full-heartedly, it is standing up to an even oppressive Federal Gov't.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Any Lawyers out there that can shed some light on this.

I believe teh Gov CAN NOT pick and choose who the Atty will be. I think only the AG can remove his office-for some type of conflict of interst issue etc.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Now would be a good time for the Obama administration to send Bill Clinton to Arizona to make some offers in exchange for adherence to their agenda.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

LOL Good one.

Sad but true. They just might. Pulling out all the stops.... to keep themselves out of prison or from getting impeached.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Hmmm, I don't know much about her, but would she run for president?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I would say at the rate she is going, she will be a good shoe it. It the Dems are stopped at their attempts at amnesty-Immigration will be one of the hottest topics of the election in 2012.

I think the Republicans will be fielding a fine group of Ladies for officers in 2010 and 2012. Good for them.

And real women, not these sudo Femmi Nazi types either.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Governor Brewer is doing a really good job in Arizona I think.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf4446719b23.jpg[/atsimg]

Arizona has had a long line of Women Governors, and so far I think she is the best. If she doesn't want Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard in the fight, I think there has to be a Good Reason, other than the Republican and Democrat argument.

Lets face it, Arizona now has a Vocal and No Nonsense kind of Governor.
If she ran for President, as of today, I'd vote for her, Would You?
edited to add: Picture courtesy of KFYI 550am

[edit on 30-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by anon72

Sigh, read that statement again.

Why do you think Americans keep electing crooked officials, why is it Sarah Palin actually made it to vice presidential contention.

I don't know much about you, but you seem to have that twinkle in your eye, will you be our president ??

ok.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Dude, That is one AWESOME sign. My wife and I loved it. How True How True.

My wife is telling me to flag flag flag flag you. Star is all I can give. Anyway, she is loving that one. Be on her work wall Tuesday.\\

Thanks for the laughs!

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thank You.
Your more than welcome, I liked it too.
I often fell like sh$t when I go to vote, Like I'm being SH%T ON, You ever get that feeling

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7718b814d718.jpg[/atsimg]
I'm thinking Old Governor Brewer knows something might be up with the DEMS and Terry Goddard . I think she has plans and Terry Goddard and the DEMS are not part of it.

[edit on 30-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by anon72

Sigh, read that statement again.

Why do you think Americans keep electing crooked officials, why is it Sarah Palin actually made it to vice presidential contention.

I don't know much about you, but you seem to have that twinkle in your eye, will you be our president ??

ok.

OK! If you really DO, I MEAN, REALLY LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE!
If You Do What The Majority Has Asked and Pleaded and Voted For!
Then YES! By All Means, Please Run For President! I don't care if your Female, Male, Black, Red. Yellow, Brown, White, Green or Purple.
Please, Please listen to US the AMERICAN PEOPLE!! And you know what, Gov. Brewer has most of the time, the other times, she has recommended it goes to us for a vote.
"I don't know much about you, but you seem to have that twinkle in your eye, will you be our president ??" Give me that Twinkle in the eye any day other than that: Apologizing for America Village Idiot we Have Now!

[edit on 31-5-2010 by guohua]

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Send goddard and Obama to prison.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TaxpayersUnleashed

See, that's the problme. It is almost like anyone in the top seats of Gov't gets a free pass to violate any law they please.

No one is ever going to go after Obama if it is proven something was done inappropriately. Same as Bush. Nothing.

Sad. Yet we live under an ever-oppressive Police State Gov't. More and more it is Prove to us you are innocent and we'll let you go.

top topics

join