It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New with some questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hello Ats

I have been visiting this site for about 2 years and up until now i have never had the urge to write a post. But with all of the things I read and the Ideals and philosophies going around i felt it was time to put my two cents in. I think the biggest problem with the world is a loss in common sense i mean there are so many idiotic things that go on everyday it's just mind numbing. Everyone know that oil is not entirely bad but we should be on cleaner energy but instead of taking a look at some of the thing we can do to wean us off of oil we gather in the millions to root for NASCAR now i understand it's fun to watch guys taking left turns at 200 mph for hours but can anyone see how much of a waste of gas it is? and with millions of people starving across the world what do we do we send 50 cents a month to feed them while watching cooking matches on FOOD NETWORK where they waste so much food in order to feed 4 people!! now I'm now rocket scientist but I'm pretty sure we can feed a whole lot of people with what we waste. and when you turn to religion what do you get now I'm not closed minded about religion everyone has the right to believe in what they want but my biggest problem is that people say they believe in a certain religion and then daily go against it. I personally believe that everyone is right but that we fill in so many blanks that we can never know to make us feel better. I mean what's more realistic that an intelligent being made the universe and then sat back and just watched everything or that the same being sent his son to die for one species on one planet or that he has a special spot in his heart for us the whole concept of religion is one egotistical story to make us feel special and why we are special without god what other animal on this planet is like us to have thoughts I mean come on why are we all looking out there for answers when here we have things we still don't know I am all for going to space and searching planets for life and i know that there is life out there the universe is too big to not have it everywhere. My last point about religion is that according to the bible you are not supposed to judge anyone it's not your job it's gods job but yet everyday people do it and your not supposed to worship anything else but god yet they all worship money yet what does it all go to the vatican sits on millions and millions of dollars yet there are still people starving everyday that's not what god would want out of his followers. Now saying that I know that there are people that do all the stuff I said the most of religious people don't and to those people i say thank you we need to stop looking at everything that makes us different and start seeing that we are all the same. i personally have no clue how or species will end or what will happen in the future all i know is that until we get common sense back we will not evolve in the future. I hope that you will read this post and think about what I'm saying i can be wrong but as long as your thinking and have your own thoughts about it i will be happy all i want is for everyone to use their brains that's what its there for any topics that anyone would like to discuss just hit me up and I am eager to read what everyone thinks Thank you for you time

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Welcome and bravo for your post - I really like the way you think!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Welcome aboard, you will find lots of people willing to debate with you here. You have some strong views my friend, I hope they hold up around the boards......

A friendly tip avoid writing in one large block, use some paragraphs and spacing as this breaks up the wall of text which makes it easier for the viewer to read....

All the best buddy...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Welcome
im a newb here also.

I think you may get some good discussions in the religious threads, its not really my forte.

Look forward to seeing you around.

edit to add - someone already mentioned the paragraphs so i removed my comment.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by Lady_Tuatha]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Paragraph much?

Alot more people will read your post if you add a few paragraphs
just so you know for future reference.

I agree, that whole huge block of text hurts my eyes.

When you view your post, you will notice a little "edit" box at the top right.

Press this button and you can go back and fix errors after you have posted something.

[edit on 5/29/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by silentcolumbo
Hello Ats

I have been visiting this site for about 2 years and up until now i have never had the urge to write a post. But with all of the things I read and the Ideals and philosophies going around i felt it was time to put my two cents in.

Welcome aboard.

I think the biggest problem with the world is a loss in common sense i mean there are so many idiotic things that go on everyday it's just mind numbing. Everyone know that oil is not entirely bad but we should be on cleaner energy but instead of taking a look at some of the thing we can do to wean us off of oil we gather in the millions to root for NASCAR now i understand it's fun to watch guys taking left turns at 200 mph for hours but can anyone see how much of a waste of gas it is?

I don’t see the sense in NASCAR either.

and with millions of people starving across the world what do we do we send 50 cents a month to feed them while watching cooking matches on FOOD NETWORK where they waste so much food in order to feed 4 people!! now I'm now rocket scientist but I'm pretty sure we can feed a whole lot of people with what we waste.

It’s all about the money, man.

and when you turn to religion what do you get now I'm not closed minded about religion everyone has the right to believe in what they want but my biggest problem is that people say they believe in a certain religion and then daily go against it. I personally believe that everyone is right but that we fill in so many blanks that we can never know to make us feel better.

I know many people who claim to be Christians but have never read the bible, and I am sure the same can be said for all other religions.

I mean what's more realistic that an intelligent being made the universe and then sat back and just watched everything or that the same being sent his son to die for one species on one planet or that he has a special spot in his heart for us the whole concept of religion is one egotistical story to make us feel special and why we are special without god what other animal on this planet is like us to have thoughts I mean come on why are we all looking out there for answers when here we have things we still don't know I am all for going to space and searching planets for life and i know that there is life out there the universe is too big to not have it everywhere.

My last point about religion is that according to the bible you are not supposed to judge anyone it's not your job it's gods job but yet everyday people do it and your not supposed to worship anything else but god yet they all worship money yet what does it all go to the vatican sits on millions and millions of dollars yet there are still people starving everyday that's not what god would want out of his followers. Now saying that I know that there are people that do all the stuff I said the most of religious people don't and to those people i say thank you we need to stop looking at everything that makes us different and start seeing that we are all the same.

i personally have no clue how or species will end or what will happen in the future all i know is that until we get common sense back we will not evolve in the future. I hope that you will read this post and think about what I'm saying i can be wrong but as long as your thinking and have your own thoughts about it i will be happy all i want is for everyone to use their brains that's what its there for any topics that anyone would like to discuss just hit me up and I am eager to read what everyone thinks

Thank you for you time

I broke this up primarilly to make it easier to read, and to make some comments myself.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by silentcolumbo

Oh my goodness. Urges sure can get us in trouble.

If you had not gotten the urge to finally post we would never known what a pleasant guy you are. And, of course, not judgemental in the least.

I'm going to welcome you even after you judged nearly all of humanity.

May you learn much while beginning to post and interact with our members.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silentcolumbo

Hi silentcolumbo, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hello

your post makes so much sense about common sense and the window it went crashing out of.

Political Correctness killed common sense...

MM

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
First off i would like to thank everyone that posted comments In the future i will write in paragraphs so thanks for the tip. i would also like to say thanks for the good feedback. This is just the first of many posts for me i hope to be around for a long time and hope to have so good debates so I would like to say thank you one last time for the warm welcome and ill see you guys on the boards.

top topics

join