It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the difference between Christianity and Islam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I want to know what's making christianity different from islam.

That's an easy one, isn't it???.....?? Give me your opinions please.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Islam disagrees with christians over Jesus being the messiah

Islam has a different holy text with slightly different principles

If you want to read more about each religion

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is my view of both religions, I am just been funny here

One kills, the other one punish.

Islam is the youngest of the world's major religions, originated in the seventh century with the life and mission of Moahammed, but it was not a totally new creed invented out of the blues.

Its conceptual roots are in Judaism and Christianity. Moslems see their religion as a continuation and rectification of the Judeo-Christian tradition.

The Jewish scriptures and the prophetic mission of jesus are incorporated by reference in the Koran.

The koran teaches that God, the same God known to the Arabians as Allah, favored Jews and Christians by revealing his Truth to them in holy books, but they deviated from what was revealed and fell into error and corruption.

Christianity are base on the teachings of Jesus. And the bible.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Marg pretty much summed it up (well atleast summed it up enough to my knowledge). Even though she cracked a joke, I'm glad she could be objective on the topic because I know her views on religion =)

I want to add also that both religions have fanatical/fundamentalist followers. Those from the Christian faith, though, seek to bring people to their religion in a very zealous way, but a peaceful and caring way. It seems to me that the fundamentalists of Islam seek to destroy anyone who doesn't follow their religion and come to Allah. Apparently the US in particular is a land full of infidels who need to be purged, or so it would seem.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
well, this is in fact what I wanted to point out.

Since Islam, like Judaism and Christianity, is descended from the religious tradition of the biblical patriarch Abraham, it is classified as an Abrahamic religion.

(from en.wikipedia.org...)

These religions are based on one and the same!

Islam = Chrisianity = Judaism

Why making different religions if they all talk about the same thing?

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong Faisca,

I love religion base in his historical importance not fanatical views, but I have to say that even the fanatical views are rather interesting in the way it attract the masses.

Some religions are very beautiful in meaning others are quite radical.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The Islamic peoples are descended from Ishmael and also Esau.
Abraham had Ishmael with the handmaid Hagar, then 13 years later he had Isaac with Sarah. Isaac was the child of the promise and inherited the birthright blessings. These blessings were to go to the oldest so the Islamic peoples think it's rightfully theirs...but God said the child was to be not only of Abraham but also gave the promise to Sarah...so the Hebrew Isaac got the birthright blessing.
Esau was the first born of Isaac, God gave the birthright to Jacob the younger twin because Esau treated the birthright (established by God) with contempt. Esau disobeyed his father and took wives of the Ishmaelites. So Jacob the Hebrew got the birthright blessing.
The birthright blessing was split in the next generation. Ruben (eldest son of Jacob and Leah) forfeited the birthright blessing and it passed to Judah (from whom the Jews got their name), but he got the right of kingship or right to rule, and the birthright blessing went to Joseph, eldest son of Jacob and Rachel. Before his death Jacob passed the birth right blessing of Joseph to Joseph's sons (whom Jacob adopted as his own) Manesseh and Ephraim. Menasseh who was the oldest got a blessing but the greater blessing went to the younger Ephraim.
Judah passed the blessing of kingship on to Zerah...but he and the majority of his descendants disappeared after going into Egypt... Secular history tells us that when Pharoah sought to put the Hebrews into bondage that the descendants of Zerah left by ships and ended up in Ireland. The king of Ireland, Eochidh (?), a descendant of Zerah in the kingly line of Judah married the daughter of King Zedekiah (descendant of Perez, brother of Zerah in the line of Judah). Tea Tephi, the daughter of the King of Judah, was brought to Jerusalem by her uncle Jeremiah when Jerusalem went into bondage by the Babylonians and King Zedekiah was killed.
Jeremiah also brought with him some articles of the temple, and the stone of destiny that the Hebrews carried with them through out their journeys. It was the stone that Jacob laid his head on when he had the dream of the stairway to heaven, and afterward anointed Beth El, house of God. The place where he slept also took the name Beth el.
When Moses struck THE rock in the desert and water poured forth, it was the stone of destiny that he struck. The first time he struck THE rock the Hebrew word for rock was Sahlee=foundation rock. The second time he was told to SPEAK to THE rock, the word for rock was ceree= clefted rock
Paul, referring to this said ...'and that rock was Christ'. That's why Moses wasn't allowed entrance into the promised land. He screwed up the 'type' of Christ. He was to be smitten once for our sins, and when smitten out flows life giving water which typifies the Holy Spirit. The second time God said, 'speak to the rock', but Moses struck it....he screwed it up. After the smiting of Christ we are covered for sin , and now we only need to speak to Him or call on Him and He will give us the life giving water, His Spirit.
This rock is under the chair in Westminster Abbey where the Kings and Queens of England are crowned. In Isaiah, God speaking of the kingly line says, I will overturn and overturn and overturn, not to be overturned again until He comes whose right it is to rule. The first turning was when Jeremiah brought it and Tea Tephi to Ireland. The second overturning was when it went from Ireland to Scotland, the third overturning was from Scotland to England...it will not beoverturned until Christ comes. When God said that David would never want to have a man on the throne...He mean't it, only slot of people think God lied or couldn't do it because there is no King in Jerusalem....but there is in England. The royal lineage map, which you can purchase copies of, shows the lineage of the Kings and Queen's of England going all the way back to Judah.
The stone of destiny was brought to Canada for safe keeping during WW2, Hitler wanted to get his hands on it, he already conquered Austria and obtained the spear of destiny that was in the Hapsburgh, after Hitler was defeated it was returned to the Hapsburgh. The spear of destiny aka the spear of Longiness is the spear that the Roman centurion Longiness pierced Christ's side with...but that's another story.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
To me, as a non-religious person, the answer is that they have different shaped churches.

It's a good question though. I'd love to read "an idiots guide to religions". My religious knowledge is miniscule and I'd like to understand what others think and believe. I wonder if this exists?

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Christianity are base on the teachings of Jesus

i would disagree with this. christianity as it is known today is based on the teachings of Paul, and what Paul says Jesus taught.

new topics

top topics

join