It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Pelosi blames Bush administration for BP oil spill.

www.washing tonexaminer.com

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., blamed the Bush administration for any lack of oversight leading up to the Gulf oil spill. The Obama administration, on the other hand, is blameless.

From Talk Radio News Service:

“Many of the people appointed in the Bush administration are still burrowed in the agencies that are supposed to oversee the [oil] industry,” Pelosi said when asked if Democrats could have prevented or mitigated the crisis by keeping a closer watch on the industry.

Added the Speaker, “the cozy relationships between the Bush administration’s agency leader
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Finally, Democrats blame George W. Bush for Gulf oil spill--Chris Dodd video as the blather spreads

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too funny. Obviously, Obama's administration couldn't have overhauled industry regulations. And she forgot to mention BP's nice contributions to Obama and the Democrats...

Bush is horrible. Look what he's still doing to America. His failure to act on the matter is disgusting. *shakes head*

www.washing tonexaminer.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
She's kind of right... but it's still a complete and epic fail by the Obama Administration. Why the hell BP executives aren't sitting in a metal cage right now? It's a disgrace how this Administration has handled this disaster. And what's annoying is Obama is taking the bullet for BP while everyone else is playing politics rather than address the situation. Pelosi is just a loon, I don't know how anyone can take that robot seriously. This whole thing has just been a kick in the ass when we were already on our knees.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It's funny how if John Mccain would have won the election democrats would be all over how it was his fault it happened. Though since it's Obama and his leftist tools are in the office nobody blames them. I guess they'd be a racist if they did.

F'ing crazy.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Round and round we go, the never ending circus. R-D-R-R.

She's got to gin up some hatred for the midterms.

Pelosi = Marie Antoinette

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow. I hated Bush, but really?

Really?

Obama has been in office for what will be two years and everything is still Bush's fault? Is there a time table for this administration to put on the big boy pants and start taking responsibility?

Pelosi would do anything to deflect and distort the debate going on. The oil spill is not Bush's fault anymore than it is Obama's, but if we're going to go that route then can Pelosi and the Administration explain to the American people why BP contributes so much money to Obama?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetrahedron
Round and round we go, the never ending circus. R-D-R-R.

She's got to gin up some hatred for the midterms.

Pelosi = Marie Antoinette

yeah!!! good thing republicans never gin up hatred...and by the way...bush and cheney both oil men, who worked in the industry for years and made their millions from oil, no problem, no blame,...but a black harvard grad who became president last year and took political donations from oil companies...now that is the real culprit to blame.

link   
I have a question, when does it stop being the prior adminstrations fault? After all Obama has been in office a year, the democrats have been in control for a year, so when does it stop being the last adminstrations fault? The main problem that I am seeing is that no one wants to take responsiblity for anything in DC. It is always the last guys fault, and I did not do anything wrong, when it should be, I am here, it is my job and it is my fault as I will accept responsiblity for these issues and then I will clean up the mess.

link   
well .......the decades of cozy to the oil companies with NO plan was, is and will be the problem if we don't get a handle on it. The disaster has happened for whatever reason(terror, self-made...never let a good crisis go to waste-rhom emmanuel).............so Obama needs to deal with it. Like Bush had to deal with 9-11.Does it really matter who it to blame as the house burns down......NO!

Find the fix and then hash it out.........the finger pointing is just making people madder than hell............the SLOW reaction time to the crisis is one problem....Obama cannot handle real crisis. He is a media president. Not a real leader, just a media darling that the masses voted for......."change" well we are getting a good dose of that........how do you like me now? Keep voting for the controlled powers .........you will keep getting more of the same. If 4 out of ten people would read the constitution all the way through, we could take this country back. Most are too well fed by the govt paycheck(disability, welfare..drugs money,etc) to take the time to realize what they don't realize......How long before the U.S. A is broken.....completely. how long?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Its about time. I was beginning to think they forgot about this excuse. Pelosi flys around the world on her tax payer plane and drinks tax payer liquor and its Bushes fault. This makes total sense.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
It would be a dead even toss up as to whether I was more angered or more saddened by the fact that a major ecological and economic catastrophe was little more than fodder for political point scoring.

And yet, however just these sentiments will be allowed to be, we have already sufficient indications that it will happen in this as in all former cases of great national discussion. A torrent of angry and malignant passions will be let loose. To judge from the conduct of the opposite parties, we shall be led to conclude that they will mutually hope to evince the justness of their opinions, and to increase the number of their converts by the loudness of their declamations and the bitterness of their invectives.
Alexander Hamilton : Federalists #1

I suppose there is comfort in knowing that it's a practice with a long history.

Of course, we will not mention that the President Obama's Secretary of the Interior, Ken Salizar, appointed Ms. Elizabeth Birnbaum as Director of MMS *after* it was documented that there were egregious deficiencies within the department.

One has to wonder: At what point are all the evils of the world not going to be President Bush's fault?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
pointing fingers and blaming someone ISNT fixing the oil spill regardless. why even bring up bush into this? too late now. actions speak louder than words pelosi*

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Bush is the Democratic Party's Golden Goose. Every thing that has occurred under this administrations watch will be blamed on Bush and many in the public will drink that Kool Aid and believe it, especially the State Run Media.

Though some in the state run media are not getting those tingles up their legs in any more, just look at Chris Matthews and his dis to the POTUS for sitting pretty. Carville ain't happy either, that guy is a known Kool Aid drinker by the Truck Loads.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Democrats blaming Bush. Now that's a shocker.

I say that we just bring Bush back. He's responsible for everything, anyway.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
"yeah!!! good thing republicans never gin up hatred...and by the way...bush and cheney both oil men, who worked in the industry for years and made their millions from oil, no problem, no blame,...but a black harvard grad who became president last year and took political donations from oil companies...now that is the real culprit to blame."

Where in my post did you see Obama?

Where in my post did you see anything attributing blame for the oil spill?

Ladies and gentlemen I would like to offer this post by Messr hailing from stockton, ca as an example of the profound political derangement present amongst us.

When provided a statement which does not adequately conform to your political worldview, you project your adversary's anticipated views onto another in a fevered, imaginary and ultimately pathetic defense of constructed personae propagated by the corporate media.

Obama announced a rebooted, ambitious offshore drilling program on April 1, 2010. Therefore BO is to blame. Not.

Oil politics dominates the world. Oil prices react to supply and demand (mostly, err, sometimes)...So the shutdown of oil drilling in the gulf and additionally Alaska (as per BO) will reduce the supply of crude and thus drive up the price. Hello summer.

BP is going to the bank over this crisis. Insiders will manipulate the media via feed/press releases and game the stock variations. The price of oil will rise and BP will recoup the cost of the spill & bank some sick profits at the end of the year.

BP is one of Obama's largest $$ contributors. Obama wants to get re-elected and he can't have his buddies strapped for cash. He additionally gets to eff over the south. They didn't vote for him. F*ck them.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is just like the Katrina South Park episode.

While businesses are shutting, people's lives being irrevocably altered and ecosystems destroyed time is certainly best spent trying to find "fault" rather than cleaning it up.

While the town runs around blaming Bush or global warming the kids ask "Isn't anyone going to help those people?"

Seems our mighty leaders cant learn from history, cant learn from experience and certainly cant learn from fiction. Looks like Aesop wasted his time. Can Pelosi get the water out of the jar? Likely she'd dehydrate to death trying to blame some joker for putting the water in the jar in the first place.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

The leaders of this administration are not trying to learn anything from history but instead are trying to create it.

They are already going to be put down as the most corrupt administration to ever step foot in the white house with all of their backroom deals & blinding transparency.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

Genuinely made me laugh out loud.

It did, however, suggest to me that at least President Bush would "have a clue" about a problem such as this... at least a small clue. No one has dealt with a problem such as this before.

I was quite shocked to learn that there were no plans to deal with something this deep and of this scope. Then I remembered that we spent gobs of money [as a nation] and sent three men to the moon and had no grand expectation that we could *successfully* bring them back. And perhaps it's helpful to remember that successful disaster remediation requires *actual* experience with disaster. This is a first.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's one thing for lower ranked Democrats to whine and say it is all Bush's fault, but for someone like Pelosi to say it, is so sad. That means there's not accountability in the Obama administration, everything's Bush's fault. When Israel attacks Iran and Obama helps the invasion, it will of course, also be Bush's fault.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Democrats blaming Bush. Now that's a shocker.

Very true. If the Democrats themselves admit they are incapable of running the country after 4 years holding Congress and 1 year holding the White House, then we should bring Bush back in. I personally didn't care for him, but at he took responsibility.

[edit on 5/29/10 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join