It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I too am guilty !! ats why do we desire sensationalist thread titles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Im sure this thread will receive flack from both the mods and members alike however it is something i ave become all to acustom to seeing here on my favorite website.

I love being a member and when i see a catchy title i bite wether it be alien disclosure imenent or that the NWO has been spotted massing troops for martial law...

i jump right into these threads but am usually so turned off by the lack of real interesting facts rather the title is the best part and soon after reading said thread im off to the next sensationalist title.

i remember when i read the threads on john lear and the niburu threads when they first surfaced i was so facinated by the new info now days the info is gone and we are left with tabloid like what if threads .

You know the alien ate my baby type stuff?? lol

any who am i alone in seeing this ATS? i know i am personally guilty of this type of posting and am in no way trying to say im smarter better then any other.

Be Well

[edit on 29-5-2010 by triplescorpio]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-5-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 29-5-2010 by triplescorpio]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

gues this is a dead issue here on ats

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
confused did i use any caps?

i guess bad on me lol not sure what i did exactly?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I know what you mean. These days I scan the firehose and really only open up threads that don't have 'catchy' headlines. You learn that you'll just be disappointed at best, but mostly angered.

I think it's a symptom of the points economy.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Who cares? and I don't mean that to be a jerk, I mean that truthfully.

As long as the title isn't misleading or a lie, what's wrong (ultimately) with catchy titles?

I really don't see that issue, personally. Besides, it's not *just* ATS, it's everywhere. It's taught as a requirement of good writing styles in most schools. It's a normal function of writing, in general. I do not see this as a bad thing...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
i feel the same way..BUT

this Israel thingy is getting pretty interesting to me

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

As long as the title isn't misleading or a lie, what's wrong (ultimately) with catchy titles?

Part of the problem is that "sensational" titles do, frequently, give a misleading impression of the actual content of the thread, if only by suggesting a "stronger" conclusion than the OP warrants. I must look around for examples. [e.g. perhaps, anything containing words like "confirmed" or "definitely"]

Bad influence of tabloid journalism?

[edit on 1-6-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, the title to this thread certainly got my attention - and it was well worth it

www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=577977#

Shreikingly funny.

I should say that I really envy people who can think up eye-catching titles for their threads - I'm useless as at it.

I should look around more and pick up some tips

[edit on 1-6-2010 by berenike]

top topics

join