It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronics - Satan's gift?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I think he was actually saying that god wanted to keep people ignorant but satan allowed them to find out the things they were questioning.
Thus, we know the good and the bad, but at least we know the truth.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
All of those things are bad but they are societal ills. Not technological problems. Kids compare each others belongings and there is always an arms race to see who has the cool stuff. Thats not a modern development.

However, whats worrying is the age at which this sets in.

The best thing the western world could do would be ban all advertising aimed at pre-teens and clamp back on some of the more outrageous sexual content of mainstream advertising.

The advertising we swim through daily is doing exactly what its designed to do. Make young children materialistic and sexualised so they will buy or pressurise parents into buying products. Some of it is obvious, some of it subtle.

Couple this with a breakdown in respect for authority due to political correctness and you get where we are today.

Seems obvious too me (and i'm an atheist so its not a religious stance).

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It is the unique human condition that makes people desire to control others. It is the basis of religion. It is the basis of common hierarchy models in government and the corporate world. There is a difference between guiding our youth and forcing individualistic beliefs upon them without giving them the benefit of forming their own thoughts.

So is technology and electronics bad? No. It facilitates diversity and open mindedness by connecting people with different backgrounds and beliefs. We are in a new age of enlightenment. Some view this as very bad because the old argument "It's true because I say it's true" just wont hold up.

Do we have a problem with people becoming introvert? Yes we do. It is nothing new though. Fifty years ago you had teenagers leaving home and starting their lives at 14-15 when faced with oppressive parents. It was 100% acceptable and far less damaging than having no recourse. What we have now are children growing up with no outlet. Even at the age of 16-17 they are restricted and this is increasing.

Until there is another viable outlet for the teenagers to explore, electronics will continue to fill the social needs for our youth, and as the youth grows up those habits will continue to be a large part of their lives.

I do think that we would do well to ease up on the youth. They would depend less on the electronics for interactions. It would help socially integrate more people and I believe would start a chain reaction leading to some of our adult freedoms coming back. Right now the youth is so used to being oppressed that when they become adults it seems normal and sensible to be policed at every turn.

Before I get flamed by some who feel like it is our duty to protect and safeguard everyone, I will offer this story that aired on our news a few years back. A family here bought their child an ATV. They bought him all the protective gear they could. Governed the speed of the ATV down to the speed of a bicycle. Tilled the yard, took out all the rocks and trees. Took every measure they could to ensure their child's safety. The child fell off, and one lone stick, protruding 2" out of the ground, found a slit in the chest armor, pierced the child's heart, and he died instantly.

No matter what you do, there is risk with everything. Any action can have a freak fatal outcome. Walking through your own house can have a fatal outcome. That doesn't mean we should mandate helmets be worn while doing so.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53
what electronics made by satan? Are you Amish?

My microwave is constantly telling me to kill people.

I have a clock radio in my garage that only picks up right wing and sports channels.

There is a light bulb in the basement that often tries to seduce me with hallucinations.

Electronics are bad.

Did I mention my blender? It was made for crushing ice and it wore out from crushing ice.

Evil! Evilllllllllllllll!!!!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
If Satan gave us the internet, and computers, and ipods, and other electronics, then Hail Satan, because that makes him a pretty cool guy in my book.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This whole OP is something I would expect to hear from a fundamental Christian because it's about complaint and the fear of sharing information and knowledge - which the fundamentalists are afraid of because it can lead people to the truth.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by impaired
This whole OP is something I would expect to hear from a fundamental Christian because it's about complaint and the fear of sharing information and knowledge - which the fundamentalists are afraid of because it can lead people to the truth.

Second that!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by breakingdradles

You are right - it is Satan who keeps people estranged - exactly my point.

So, let's get teenagers off those things. As if.

What?

Off electronics and back under control of the church?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
I believe that electronics are bad.

People used to communicate face to face - now you often see people walking along together all locked into their phones.

Teenagers are so plugged into their electronics that their true meaning in life often goes by.

Families are not together because their kids are plugged in.

I believe that the further we go electronically, the further we fall apart.

It sounds like my grandma: " In the past everything was better"

I agree that social patterns and connections do have changed, as we are in a transition stage, it is not fully electronic or digital or fully face-to-face, it is not clear to say it is good or wrong, it is just not the way you have experienced when developing your social process. As I also have experienced the age before mobiles
, I sound kinda old, I see positive and negative in both ways. Positive for both to me is this; Good friends are still good friends - no matter what.

And as a teenager when electronic communication was introduced, I can say I experienced both, I see some now only using their "electronics" purely for "entertainment" not knowing what is going on in the world, only in their own realm. Well I cannot imagen that people to be intellectual when they grew up without electronics. Just as some of them are using the electronics as a tool to gain knowledge about specific topics developing a healty sense of credibility of sources and clearly to just think about it.

We just need to realize that the gathering of information had some radical changes. For this thesis I state that there is a topic. You, in general, want to analyse and explore the topic. (I expect that you don't step blanc into a library and grap a book or just search on "something intresting" on the net.

First you needed to read (theorist)books to get to a point and then explore the resources provided by the (theorist)books to expand your search. As the internet you needed to check the sources and so read the (critic)books. To get on a topic you get a lot of information/knowledge about stuff you don't need for your topic. (not a problem but it close to the topic and it takes time) It is intensive and it is worthy.
With the internet you are on Topic, several right to the point pages are provided, according you know how to search, it is something called experience, from that you need to check the sources and the critics again etc. It takes less time but it is risky because you can get easily caught up in a web of nonsense, but as an analist you should know. The most noticeable thing is that it is accesable at all times. Good, extended sources oftenly provide links and sources of books etc.

The best way is to use both is my guess. Spend quality times with family and close-ones without electronics, read books in the shade with warm wheater, but do stay in contact with distant friends and family, all the time you want. Do research your thoughts and discuss them with other theorists of that specific topic at any moment. As in Real Life does Virtual Life have social groups that -Do- care for eachother, after all both lifes just are made up of humans with masks on

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
the irony is this post is palpable.

Electronics = Satan.

ATS then must also = Satan.

The computer you're using to post = Satan.

I then must conclude, that you like Satan.

SATANIST!

lol!! i love it when someone throws that crap right back at the opposition star for you

and OP, dont be a brainwashed zealot, times change you are a human(or a reptillian illuminati from niburu!! AHHHH!!!! lol jk can you imagine if i was like that?) so adapt

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
The internet is God's gift to us all.

Free speech and the spreading of information that cannot be censored by the New World Order control freaks.

WHEN we beat the Jewish Illuminati at their plan for total world domination, and their coming antichrist, the electronic internet will probably turn out to have been our most lethal winning weapon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join