It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronics - Satan's gift?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I believe that electronics are bad.

People used to communicate face to face - now you often see people walking along together all locked into their phones.

Teenagers are so plugged into their electronics that their true meaning in life often goes by.

Families are not together because their kids are plugged in.

I believe that the further we go electronically, the further we fall apart.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

You are right, I`ve seen kids of 5yo asking and getting mobile phones from their parents.

(But I don`t believe in god or satan, I think the human is responsible for all the things he does - good or bad).

[edit on 29/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I suppose you could say exactly the same thing about books.

Nothing wrong with electronics, just how some people decide to use it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

And that is another thing - what kids read books when they could be plugged in?

So, what we have here is kids who do not read books, kids who do not relate to real people - AND A HUGE PROBLEM.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I think the problem is that they don`t read books or scientific information not even on the net!
Just tv shows, messenger and gossip on the phone.
I had a hard time in school talking about what`s happening in the world, because they knew nothing about it.
(glad I`ve found ATS
).

Even if I use the internet daily, it helped very much to my knowledge about what I was interested in. Nowadays I can`t find many books around my areas of interests or I have to wait too long for them to come out.

[edit on 29/5/10 by sandri_90]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Tools require the understanding of how to use them.

End of story.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sandri_90

So we have kids plugged in, and not reading books, and not relating to people.

This will lead to a whole generation who cannot relate to their own generation.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
what electronics made by satan? Are you Amish?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

I believe that electronics are bad.

People used to communicate face to face

And why exactly are you on the internet?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I was fully expecting the OP to end with, "And those damned kids keep walking on my lawn, using the 'eye-pods' to blast their 'hippity-hop' music!"

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

People used to communicate face to face - now you often see people walking along together all locked into their phones.

I agree with the second part, people's dependence on cell phones bugs me to no end. I refused early on to get one when I noticed how dependent and absorbed people became by them. One of the things that irks me the most is when I am trying to carry on a conversation with someone and they read and reply to text messages - the fact that as soon as their phone starts ringing/vibrating they gravitate to it EVEN if I'm in the middle of a sentence really bothers me.

But I don't think its reduced our ability or desire to meet face to face at all, in fact many times people use their phones to decide when and where to meet up with friends face to face.

All things in moderation I say, these devices have their uses and for the most part those uses are good and have brought a wealth of knowledge to the world. Think of the internet, a repository of human knowledge, encyclopedia entries and scholarly papers and articles are just a click away.

So while I agree over using electronics can be bad I can't say that they themselves are fundamentally good or bad.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I actually see it in reverse.

As God was the one trying to keep information from Adam and Eve, not Satan.

Satan was the one who gave us the "forbidden" information.

I believe this information was that we are all gods, and under control of no one.

The bible keeps people in line, nothing else, everything else was removed at the counsel of Nicea, than again by King James, taking stories out of the bible.

Why keep information hidden unless you want to keep control?

[edit on 29-5-2010 by breakingdradles]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
This world is full of satan's so called gifts. And yes it's true it depends on who and how it is used. All were given free will. But all these gifts are used to distract you from what you should truly be focusing on. So called entertainment is used to program your mind and distract you from what you should be doing and what the self titled elite are doing to this world. The devil is very clever, he's had a lot of practice at what he does. The battle isn't between God and satan. Right now it's between man and satan and satan is winning, but he knows how it ends. I'll ask you this. If you were found guilty of a crime and was going to be sentenced to prison for life but you had 1 year to do what ever you wanted before being imprisoned. You wouldn't be arrested during that year for anything else you did, what would you do? Repent for the crime or crimes you are going to be sentenced for? Or commit more crimes cause you already know your sentence? Your answer will tell you a lot about yourself and your direction. It will tell a lot about the people around you, it tells you a lot about satan and his agenda. He doesn't want you to have what he lost and can never regain. Man is given forgiveness time and time again because man hasn't been in God's presence to feel all his love and glory. satan was allowed to be at God's throne. His pride & jealousy caused his sin & fall. He caused Eve to sin and in turn Eve caused Adam to sin. The forbidden fruit was illicit sex. Adam & Eve didn't know of their nakedness cause they were not mature, more like children. satan seduced Eve & had sex with her & she realized her nakedness. Knowing she was meant for Adam she tried to cover her sin & she seduced Adam & had sex with him before they were mature so now Adam knew he was naked. Cain was her 1st born & he became angry when God had no regard for his offering & killed Abel. Cain is the offspring from satan. That's why there is a satanic bloodline & man has a reptilian part of the brain. The watchers increased this bloodline when they took woman for wives & had offspring. All angels that were created by God were male. To be in the Illuminati you have to have this bloodline. I know they tried to get me to join, but I refused. But that is a long story. Man is being deceived & satan is going to deceive the world. He is already doing a good job at it. I will get off my soap box for now. This is my perception & know it's not all based in scripture. But the Christian bible was put together by the Roman emperor Constantine & he discarded what he didn't want in it. God Bless.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

I knew I would get some smart arse to point out the obvious.

But pointing out the obvious makes you a dumb ass.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Ofcourse. Why do you thinks, Apple's logo is the apple with the bite taken out of it?

And it's not evil or bad, we make it evil.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandri_90
You are right, I`ve seen kids of 5yo asking and getting mobile phones from their parents.

What's so bad about it? Mobile Phones can be an helpful Item. Just think about: The kid gets lost, doesn't find the way home, but he has a phone and can call for help.

People really need to realize, that we don't live in the dark ages anymore and what's always the talk about books? Are Books such a great thing? No, they're just old and some people think that only old things are good things. At least with a mobile phone or the internet you can communicate with other people. What can you do with a book? Read it alone? Great! A society full of people who only read books would be the most boring, saddest, socially estranged society.

And what's so bad about television or doing things that are just fun? Is it so bad to have fun? We do not live to study and learn 24/7

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
the irony is this post is palpable.

Electronics = Satan.

ATS then must also = Satan.

The computer you're using to post = Satan.

I then must conclude, that you like Satan.

SATANIST!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I guess I`m biased, for example the kids I was talking about wanted expensive phones just because their classmates have ones already.

I agree that it is safe to have one, especially if they get lost, but here in Romania they even had multiple phones because they broke the last one they had. The girls at 10 yo wear makeup and dress beyond their age and smoke like a chimney at 12 yo. We have lots of cases where the kids drank the medical alcohol brought at school for disinfecting the desks, not to mention the older ones that got into a coma for drinking very strong booze.

But, I admit, I forgot about the positive side of the phones, I apologize

Just use them wisely.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

You are right - it is Satan who keeps people estranged - exactly my point.

So, let's get teenagers off those things. As if.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join