It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was born in East L.A.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Not really, I was born in Provo, UT. Do you remember that movie though? Cheech gets deported, despite being an American, who was born in America, because he looked Mexican.

Well, it almost happened to Eduardo Caraballo of Chicago. He was born in Puerto Rico, which makes him an American citizen. That didn't stop ICE from almost deporting him back to Mexico because he was brown...

CNN...

He showed his birth certificate and everything, they still wanted to ship him back to Mexico.

With all of this Illegal immigrant hate going on, how many American citizens have already been deported because of their skin color?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
There have been documented cases where legal Americans are deported.

To be fair, as far as how many is hard to say.

IMO, the extra pressure put on Latinos period is the real problem.

Usually, when this immigration issue heats up, Latinos pick up a lot of heat mainly because of the color of their skin.

Many consider all brown people to be Mexican and illegal.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Not really, I was born in Provo, UT. Do you remember that movie though? Cheech gets deported, despite being an American, who was born in America, because he looked Mexican.

Well, it almost happened to Eduardo Caraballo of Chicago. He was born in Puerto Rico, which makes him an American citizen. That didn't stop ICE from almost deporting him back to Mexico because he was brown...

CNN...

He showed his birth certificate and everything, they still wanted to ship him back to Mexico.

With all of this Illegal immigrant hate going on, how many American citizens have already been deported because of their skin color?

20 to 40 million illegals here so a few mistakes will be made.
20 million immigrants with a birthrate of 4 will have more than
one billion descendants in 80 years.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

I don't understand what you post means. If they're born here, they're not illegal immigrants, they're citizens. I'm sure that the people you descended from were immigrants. Unless you're a Native American.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I guess since a significant portion of my blood is Native American (Cherokee), that I have legal grounds to tell all of you to get the hell out.

The Mexicans, Europeans, Asians, etc.

But then a major problem I face is this.

I have to tell my European half of myself to leave too. Since I'm half Euro as well.

But no really, everyone needs to leave lol.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

I don't understand what you post means. If they're born here, they're not illegal immigrants, they're citizens. I'm sure that the people you descended from were immigrants. Unless you're a Native American.

You expect everything to work perfectly when there are tens of millions of people INVADING this country?
Its amazing anything still works.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

First of all, you math is a little off there, amigo. Think closer to 800,000,000 by your figures.

Secondly, what does this little tidbit have to do with the topic at hand? Sensationalizing much.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

First of all, you math is a little off there, amigo. Think closer to 800,000,000 by your figures.

Secondly, what does this little tidbit have to do with the topic at hand? Sensationalizing much.

What me worry?
You think 800 million is sensationalizing?
Where are these people going to live,to work,to get health care?
Nobody is thinking ahead. Same problem with the Oil Companies.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NotTooHappy

Your post was a waste of time trying to make a pointless point.
If you want to call him a racist just do it, don't hide behind meaningless rhetoric.

I am descended from American Indians in North West Washington and I feel the same way he does.

if there were 30 million illegal Russians here they would be shaking down white people.

If there were 30 million illegal Africans here they would be shaking down black people.

So, why don't the 30 million illegal Mexicans leave, so the "Brown" Americans can be left alone?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I was born in Escanaba, Mich. My people were poor fisherfolk who lived in rustic shacks on the shores of Lake Michigan. We relied on the bounty of mother nature and subsisted mostly on baby seals and spotted owls. Many times we found ourselves indebted to the lumberjacks who would come across the border from Canada looking for a better life, with nothing to trade but the firewood they carried on their backs. We would trade them seal blubber and owl pellet cookies and they would give us firewood which kept us from freezing in the long northern winters. When we carried the firewood, the authorities would mistake us for illegal lumberjacks and they would take us to the border and we would have to find our way home.

But seriously. I do not believe that an American citizen cannot prove their citizenship to the proper authorities. I have ID cards, passport, a birth certificate, and other documents I can show to any authority. Of course, I do not carry them with me. But if you are stopped in an automobile and are the driver even white folks are asked to produce a drivers license, registration for the vehicle, and proof of insurance. I have a hard time believing legitimate citizens are being deported. What happens at the border when Mexico says prove they are our citizens?

I see there are two TheBorgs moderating this forum. One of them must be a clone.

[edit on 5-28-2010 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Since you seem to be implying American citizens are being deported, why not answer your own question....

Name one.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
try 6 or 7. latinas are hot blooded. mexicans having alot of kids has nothing to do with race but with religion. almost all are catholics and God said to be fruitful and mulitply.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
there is a thread about this here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is a shame! i hope this is not a sign of things to come. i'm sure some of the haters on here love the idea of people being held for days on end, guilty until proven innocent..

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

so funny, every time someone comments on the amount of illegals the number goes up by millions, so it started out back when the scare was first an issue ..... Ahh "SCARE TACTIC" it was only 7Million, and grew depending on how scary they wanted it to be.

so now its 20 to 40Million.... no worry that's just 16% to 35% of the us population now.....

I call PURE BS on all the numbers, and well it doesn't matter.

Keep hating..........

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by svpwizard
reply to post by RRokkyy

so funny, every time someone comments on the amount of illegals the number goes up by millions, so it started out back when the scare was first an issue ..... Ahh "SCARE TACTIC" it was only 7Million, and grew depending on how scary they wanted it to be.

so now its 20 to 40Million.... no worry that's just 16% to 35% of the us population now.....

I call PURE BS on all the numbers, and well it doesn't matter.

Keep hating..........

Uh, hate to break it to you, but your math is way off.

Even if there were 40 million illegals, that would compose 13% of the population. Nowhere near the 35% you stated.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I have one question:

Not all of the "brown" people or illegal Hispanics are Mexican (although I know that most of them are, so how would they know where to deport them to?

I'm guessing that they would want to send them automatically to Mexico because a lot of Central Americans lie and say that they are Mexican, that way, if they're deported, they'll be closer to the USA to try to sneak in again.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Ah, but you forget we're talking about legal citizens.

It seems to me that you're sensationalizing the fact that Latinos happen to be a large ethnic group. Not all of them are illegal immigrants, you know.

But then again, that hardly seems to matter in your case by the simple fact that this seems to be all you harp on.

It is unfortunate that innocent citizens are being caught up in these broad sweeps and their rights violated simply because of their ethnicity.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by maria_stardust]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

it is not unfortunate, it is wrong! it should not take 3 days to prove citizenship when legal i.d is shown on day 1.

top topics

join