It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you believe the Bible is the word of God...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Don't get down on yourself, the Lord is just probing and prodding you to step it up a notch.

"Everyone can do something for the Lord."

Thank you so much. I feel embarrassed and ashamed for the way I live with the things I have been shown during my NDE.
Even David fell. Get back up, dust yourself off, and get right back in the battle. Snap out of it brother, you're simply undergoing a massive spiritual attack, that also means the enemy knows you are on the verge of doing GREAT things for the kingdom of heaven and he's sending massive attacks your way to discourage you and get you off God's plan. Dig your spurs in and press on, finish the race you began.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger
Have you ever considered that may be the ONE thing God wants you to do?

Oh my gosh, I thought my experience would change the world initially. It was so powerful to me I couldn't imagine it wouldn't change the world.

I attempted to share my story with anyone who would listen. I thought it was my obligation to share it as accurately as possible. I felt it was what God wished of me so I did everything possible to be as honest an accurate as possible.
And I STILL remember the things you wrote in that thread from the first time I read it.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

...why aren't you doing more?

Simple question that is difficult to answer for me. How about you?

Because I am susceptible to the lies even though I fight against the lies all the time.

I speak for truth but I have not enough actions to back up all my words.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I don't think I'm under attack brother. I believe as Christians we are required to do more than whats comfortable. I'm just realizing that I'm failing as a Christian. We have his word, we need to look at our actions compared to that word. If I don't feed a hungry neighbor how can I expect to be fed?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Good question that will often convict us.

Several angles to look at. For one, we could never do 'enough.' No matter what we do, we could always do more. I get upset at myself some times to do more, more, more. And then I realize I'm human. Even Jesus quieted the crowd so the apostles could sleep.

For now, with a little one, he is my focus. It's my job as a Christian mother to be a Godly example and tend to him and my husband.

The best I can advise is that the 'little things' are so much more important than we realize. Be a Christian wherever we go. Put out our signal, so to speak. Comfort the weak, share the Word, engage in charity when possible.

I know I'll never be a 'Super Christian' who dedicates my entire life to our faith. I wish I could- but God gave us other responsibilities as well.

As to your NDE, that was a gift God gave you to share with others. You'll never know the impact your thread had. That was a 'little thing' you did that had a huge impact on hundreds if not thousands of people you'll never know about until it's your time to go. It was as simple as sharing your testimony on the internet.

Giving $5 to a homeless, hungry individual when you had $10 to begin with is fair- you needed to eat, too. And you'll never realize how much that $5 meant to them. Don't fret because you didn't give $20- that's impossible.

There's an old joke I once heard. "My worst fear is standing behind Mother Teresa and hearing Saint Peter tell her, 'Sorry! You didn't do enough!'"

Put out your 'light' wherever you can and whenever you can. Above all, love one another.

I hope that helped you in some way. Whatever you do, do not feel defeated. We weren't encouraged to help others to ingrain guilt and inadequacy in our hearts.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I believe as Christians we are required to do more than whats comfortable. I'm just realizing that I'm failing as a Christian.

Good stuff.

It's certainly very difficult when living in a consumer 'Keep up with the Joneses' society. We often get sidetracked with own comfort, security, and needs instead of what it's really all about.

You definitely gave me something to think about.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
That's really the heart of this thread Ash.

Jesus says 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'There is no commandment greater than these."...what a heavy commandment. I believe we need to really look at ourselves to see if we are keeping his instruction. I know I'm not...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

We ALL fall though brother, and we all fail to do all we can. We still have our fallen natures. Just plug back in, repent if you have to, seek forgiveness and keep a truckin man.

Never tell yourself that you don't deserve heaven, none of us do except the Lord. And quit concentrating on your works, and remember always to focus on the Lord and what He has already done.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This is the way yours truly sees your situation "kinglizard". You have:

Option A - Listen to me, "NOTurTypical, AshelyD and stop worrying about how much more you could do and start concentrating on what you can do. Remember we all have our limits. Live by grace not by "works". God has done a wonderful thing for you and accept it, as His personal gift to you. Share that experience with others. Remember you have escaped "The Law" why do you want to go back living under "The Law".

Option B - Keep trying to do "more and more" and stressing on how you could do "more" until it consumes your entire life. End up be totally obsessed on how you could do "more" until it drives you insane or you end up "kissing concrete". Either way your wife will be without a husband, your children without a father. Your experience would become lost to others.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'm doing what I can.

Prior to being laid off, I was talking to anyone who would listen.

Now that I'm stuck fighting a foreclosure and out of work, I'm limited to just sticking my 2cents in whenever I can.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by toasted

I'm doing what I can.

Prior to being laid off, I was talking to anyone who would listen.

Now that I'm stuck fighting a foreclosure and out of work, I'm limited to just sticking my 2cents in whenever I can.

Best thing to do when you are down, and in desperate need is to GIVE. Give to the needy and those who also are in need and the Lord will bless you. That's a fact my brother.

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

You are wrong my friend. The most Greater Commandment of all commandment is

First
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (From the KJV Bible, Exodus 20:3)" ‘Hear, O Israel; the Lord our God is one Lord.’” (Mark 12:29) “Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord.” (Deuteronomy 6:4)

Second
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Third
Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain. (From the KJV Bible, Exodus 20:7)"

so on...... and

Nine
"Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. (From the KJV Bible, Exodus 20:16)"

I just want to conclude this by telling my Jewish, Christian and also Muslim readers that no one, who sincerely and truthfully follows the Mosaic Law's Great 10 Commandments, which obviously also exist in the Noble Quran, goes astray!

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I hope that all my brothers and sisters in Christ will find this teaching, not only most interesting, but captures your attention for wanting more.

How many were taught about the 3 earth ages?

We've all had different Pastors who taught in their own way, but I don't think that many of you have heard a Pastor like this;

This link will autoplay if you just leave it play, unless you have unchecked autoplay

www.youtube.com...

You may just want to C&P in another browser or tab and let it load, depending on the time of day.

Nobody is obligated to like it, just give him a fair shake at presenting his teaching...and if you agree, then please share with others.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
God would be one silly dude indeed to start a book out with talking animals and end with a seven headed monster and a water walker in the middle.
He also would not admit to being a genocidal maniac in the o T.
So, no, the Bible is not the Word of God.

Regards
DL

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
As a Christian myself, I kind of understand what you are trying to say here. At times, I've said to myself... "I don't even deserve to serve such an awesome God.", "I'm not doing much, and I feel like I'm worthless to my faith." I've said these things to myself before, of course they are not the right ideas but I then realized that you know we don't always have to just jump in for the big charities and programs like that at first, it would be great to, but not necessary.
The little things we do every day in our life is what is important, because they lead to bigger plans. You are of course blessed with your NDE, and the first step you should is to say your testimonies to any group of people when you get the chance. Maybe at Church there might be some type of events for kids, and you might be able to give them some thought from your experience. You could also post your experience on video and send it online, etc. Don't be that hard on yourself, God has big plans for you, he just needs your permission to lead the way.

"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:10-12

As a poster above has stated, there are many people reading your NDE thread, and it's changing lives while you don't even know it.
It even changed my life, I started thinking more about the existence of God.
Thanks for posting it, I really appreciate it!

Remember however, keep doing good things whenever you get the chance to, and be taking care of your responsibilities. You still have a job to take care of before God calls you, so be on your way.
I'll pray for you, God Bless

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Oh my gosh, I thought my experience would change the world initially. It was so powerful to me I couldn't imagine it wouldn't change the world.

maybe you are changing the world by starting this thread!!
with your own candid admissions and suggestions and persistence, surely you are effecting a change!

i am sure you are doing just as you are meant to do, according to GOD's plan.
i say that because i have trust in GOD to bring us all to do what he sent us here to do.

HIS plan is a success, so i know that each of our minuscule parts of that great plan will also be successes.

they may not be successes in our eyes or the eyes of the world but it is only GOD's eyes that matter!

take heart!
keep the faith!
he is not ashamed to call you his brother!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jagdflieger

(Eph 2:8) For by grace you are saved, through faith, and this not of yourselves; it is the gift of God;
(Eph 2:9) not of works, that not anyone should boast;

The basis of Christianity is faith in Jesus Christ.

"faith in Jesus Christ" is not a phrase found in the bible.
"faith of Jesus Christ" is found, 4 times:

Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
(Romans 3:22)

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
(Galatians 2:16)

But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
(Galatians 3:22)

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
(Revelation 14:12)

and Jesus himself said:

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
(Mark 11:22)

we trust GOD
but the faith is the trustworthiness of Jesus Christ to keep his word - to do what he said he would do and to keep his promises.
it isn't in our ability or inability to believe or have faith in Jesus - if it were, then it would not be true that GOD intends to lose not a single sheep or else atheism would not exist.
GOD makes believers and unbelievers, alike.
it is not our belief that makes us followers of Christ, as the verses you, yourself, cited, say!
the faith through which you are saved is not of yourself!

what makes us a follower of Christ is doing what he did, the same thing as he told us to do:

LOVE your neighbor as your SELF

the basis of christianity is LOVE

Do what you can do without putting your family and yourself in jeopardy and live with it.

now, if you trust GOD, how can you put your family and yourself in jeopardy?
if you trust GOD, will he not protect and keep you?
is that not what GOD said?
and Jesus, too?

how can you have faith in Christ without trusting GOD?
how can you trust GOD and worry about jeopardy?

Mark 12:
(42) And there came a certain poor widow, and she threw in two mites, which make a farthing.
(43) And he called unto him his disciples, and saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That this poor widow hath cast more in, than all they which have cast into the treasury:
(44) For all they did cast in of their abundance; but she of her want did cast in all that she had, even all her living.

also, Matthew 6:24-34!
...the lilies of the field....

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I could do so much more, yet what my hands do is not what I want to do, and yet I still do that which I dont want to do

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join