It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical question to skeptics about Bush's 'Pet Goat' reading event

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We truthers not only think Bush was scheduled to be participating in a public even in front of the cameras as an alibi during the first wave of attacks on 9/11, but we also believe that he was purposely stalling after Andrew Card walked up to him in the middle of that 'Pet Goat' reading event with the kiddies and whispered in his ear:

"A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack."

Bush walked into the classroom at about 9:02 am.

Andrew Card whispered in his ear at about 9:07 am.

Bush reportedly kept reading for more than 10 minutes after being told about the second crash. Apparently this is when the kids finished reading. But Bush reportedly lingered nonchalantly in the room for many minutes longer, waiting for the press to clear the room.

Sammon's conservative perspective makes his account of Bush's behavior at the end of the photo-op all the more surprising. Bush is described as smiling and chatting with the children "as if he didn't have a care in the world" and "in the most relaxed manner imaginable." White House aide Gordon Johndroe, then came in as he usually does at the end of press conferences, and said, "Thank you, press. If you could step out the door we came in, please." A reporter then asked, "Mr. President, are you aware of the reports of the plane crash in New York? Is there anything...", But Bush interrupted, and no doubt recalling his order, "DON'T SAY ANYTHING YET," Bush responded, "I'll talk about it later." But still the president did not leave. "He stepped forward and shook hands with [classroom teacher] Daniels, slipping his left hand behind her in another photo-op pose. He was taking his good old time. ... Bush lingered until the press was gone." [Fighting Back: The War on Terrorism - From Inside the Bush White House, by Bill Sammon, 10/02, p. 90]

It looks like Bush left that reading room somewhere around 9:20 am.

Bush then gave a speech addressing the attacks at 9:30 am, "coincidentally" this was the same time he was scheduled to give that speech.

Since there is not a precise time for when Bush left the room, let's say, for the sake of argument, that the reading event was scheduled from 9am to 10am, a full hour.

Bush was told America's under attack at about 9:07 am.

My question for you skeptics is, with this hypothetical scenario, about how long would Bush have had to stayed reading in that room until you think he was purposely stalling (as in he was in on it and that's why he was stalling)?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ATH911]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Cheney had told him not to worry about it early that morning. He knew it was going to happen, he sat patiently because there wasn't anything for him to do.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Perhaps he didn't want to send the teachers the children into a panic. This would imply that Bush had such thought and regard for others however... which I'm not so sure he does.

It would be interesting to identify any similar instances where the President took part in a photo op either before or after the morning of September 11. I'd need to do a little digging I suppose...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by spectre76]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I can see the point your are making. However, do you really think TPOTUS is the one calling the shots at that point? Would it not be more likely the military at that point? (although it was probably Cheney calling the shots at that point). W's lack of a response does not equate to a delay in response time on the part of America, nor to any "stalling" of information. That is of course, all IMHO.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spectre76
Perhaps he didn't want to send the teachers the children into a panic. This would imply that Bush had such thought and regard for others however...

That didn't answer my question, but if the reading event lasted until 10am and Bush and his advisers patiently stayed in that room while our country was being attacked until the end of that event, you wouldn't find that at the least bit odd?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

My question for you skeptics is, with this hypothetical scenario, about how long would Bush have had to stayed reading in that room until you think he was purposely stalling (as in he was in on it and that's why he was stalling)?

Wow This is such a hard question to answer. First I have to imagine that i'm the President. Ok. Done. Now i'm the president and i'm sitting in the school with video cameras showing how awesome I am for hanging out with little kids. I do want to look awesome for hanging out with little kids. That's why i'm here and not doing presidential stuff.

someone comes in and says:

"A second plane hit the second tower. America is under attack."

What would I do? I know I wouldn't scream America is under attack and rapidly leave the room. I know I would stay very very calm. I know I wouldn't sit there and think about things for 10 minutes either. I would think for at least 60-90 seconds about what i'm going to say to this room full of kids about why i'm leaving early. I've spent a good two minutes just trying to think about what on earth I would do in that situation already so maybe it would take me longer.

I would spend less than 3 minutes thinking about the best possible way to handle the situation that I am in and then say/do whatever i decided was the best and most appropriate thing to say/do and calmly leave the room.
Even if what I decided to do was stay and wait out the story and leave like there is nothing wrong at all I would be noticably upset. I would be noticably fidegity and uncomfortable. I would want to leave the room b/c america is under attack and also not want to rush out like there is an attack on america b/c I would not want to scare little kids.

Now if the kids are on page 18 out of 19 and I can wait 45 seconds longer to be able to leave after the story is done I might do that. I might even hang out for another 3 minutes just to make it seem like everything is woderfull in americaland.

Having said that I'm a person of average intelligence. I think George Bush is a person of below average intelligence. (listen to him talk) Whereas a person like me can decide the best way to react to this complicated situation (sitting in a room full of kids with cameras on me trying to look awesome for hanging out with kids and learning that america is under attack and needing to leave the room in the best way possible without looking weird on camera or scaring a bunch of little kids to death) and react accordingly in 3 minutes or less maybe someone half as smart as me would need 6 minutes. Someone who is much less smart than me might need 7 or even 8. Once we hit the 10 minute mark I would start to get suspicious. I would say by the 15-17 minute mark I would be VERY suspicious and think the person is either stalling, unable to understand english,having a stroke, or is mentally disabled.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by iamcpc]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic
I can see the point your are making. However, do you really think TPOTUS is the one calling the shots at that point? Would it not be more likely the military at that point? (although it was probably Cheney calling the shots at that point). W's lack of a response does not equate to a delay in response time on the part of America, nor to any "stalling" of information. That is of course, all IMHO.

Doesn't the POTUS have the only authority to order a shootdown of a civilian airliner? You'd find nothing wrong with the POTUS to stay reading with kids for as long as the event ends even in the midst of an ongoing terrorist attack? You'd have no problem with the Secret Service allowing the POTUS to remain a sitting duck in there?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamcpc
Once we hit the 10 minute mark I would start to get suspicious.

By all accounts, he stayed in that room for at least 13 minutes and that's because HE WAITED until the reading event was over and for the press to leave the room first, as if he was in absolutely no hurry.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What do you mean, "he was in the classroom as an alibi"? Are you seriously suggesting he was intending to pilot those planes himself, otherwise?

If you're of a mind to be inventing these conspiracy stories, then it wouldn't matter whether he was reading my pet goat in Florida, taking a dump in the White House bathroom back in Washington, or standing still while simply breathing. Everything and anything would "suspiciously look like an alibi" to you people.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Perhaps he didn't want to send the teachers the children into a panic.

He didn't have to stand up, grab his head and shout, "We're all gonna DIE!"

A simple, "Excuse me children, duty calls"
would have been sufficient.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Having Bush sitting in a classroom full of children reading "My Pet Goat" shows you the sense of humor of the powers that be.

They are saying Bush is their pet goat. He may ultimately become the 9/11 scapegoat once the truth about 9/11 starts to unravel publicly.
They are saying he is like a child, and under their control.

As a psy-op, 9/11 has accomplished two things:
1. Fool the stupid people.
2. Keep intelligent people arguing amongst themselves and with the stupid people.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATH911

Perhaps he didn't want to send the teachers the children into a panic. This would imply that Bush had such thought and regard for others however...

That didn't answer my question, but if the reading event lasted until 10am and Bush and his advisers patiently stayed in that room while our country was being attacked until the end of that event, you wouldn't find that at the least bit odd?

I find all of it very "odd" to say the least. In the end though, my own gut instinct is still mere speculation... but the whole thing has never quite added up for me personally.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

He's not exactly a sitting duck in there, as you suggested. You said yourself he's surrounded by the secret service and they obviously know what's going on.
Of course I'm shocked by his lack of a response. But it's W, I mean come on. If you take into consideration my simple postulate it could make sense. He's not in control at that point. He knows he's not in control. In which case it doesn't matter what he was reading or if W is the real pet goat , or if he got up next and went to call his dad to ask him how he should act. Since he was not in control at the time it has no bearing on the Actions of the American government at that time. You have to presuppose that the POTUS is actually a puppet to see what I'm saying...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Perhaps he didn't want to send the teachers the children into a panic. This would imply that Bush had such thought and regard for others however... which I'm not so sure he does.

"I apologize children and staff but I, as the President of the U.S, have a job I must attain to. Thanks for your understanding."

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave
What do you mean, "he was in the classroom as an alibi"? Are you seriously suggesting he was intending to pilot those planes himself, otherwise?

Um, no dude. I don't think someone like you who's so anti-conspiracy would ever understand.

So, why did you skip the question of the thread?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonsmusic

He's not exactly a sitting duck in there, as you suggested. You said yourself he's surrounded by the secret service and they obviously know what's going on.

So does the Pentagon, yet they still got hit.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
If George Bush knew what was going down in advance then I can think of a 1001 different scenarios he could have devised which would have appeared much more presidential and commander-in-chief 'ish than sitting gob-smacked in front of a bunch of kids.

Doesn't his slow reaction and lack of right words to say simply indicate he hadn't a clue ?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

Like so many questions from the conspiracist fringe, this one makes no sense whatsoever. He was in on it so he was stalling? For what? Stalling who? What was stalled? What was being stalled? Do you really think the entire US government just sits around blinking their collective eyes every minute waiting for the President to give them orders? He could have sat in there for a week, what the hell does it matter?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hooper

Exactly what I've been trying to get across. The answer to the question and the question itself has no bearing on the government's response that day.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
A real true President would have immediately left the room without even saying anything. Bush knew the attacks were going to happen and he purposely stalled.

Bush said multiple times on video that he saw the first plane hit the tower on t.v. then he went to the classroom. Well if he really did see the first plane hit the Tower he shouldn't have even gone into the classroom.

Bush said that he thought it was just one lousy pilot that hit the first tower. But I have to add in the fact the Bush lied about seeing the first plane hit on t.v. because that video wasn't shown until September 12th.

I really urge this point A real true President would have immediately left the room without even saying anything.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join