It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chained boy, 8, put up for sale by his dad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Chained boy, 8, put up for sale by his dad

www.thesun.co.uk

A TWISTED dad chained his eight-year-old son to a lamppost and tried to AUCTION him to strangers.
Yong Tsui offered the terrified child as a slave because he wanted him off his hands. He put up a table with a sign on it, giving the youngster's name and age and boasting of his capacity for hard work.

But when bidders began to ask how much the boy ate, angry bystanders attacked the father.

Police now have the lad in care in Wuhan, central China.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

Read
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
While I am sorry for the situation the father's in, this is just ridiculous. The father has effectively scarred the kid for life. I wonder how often things like this happen.

It's great to see the first picture of people laughing in the background versus the second when some sensible people arrived at the scene.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
WTH?

But when bidders began to ask how much the boy ate, angry bystanders attacked the father.

There actually were bidders? Who in his right mind would actually entertain the thought of "buying" this boy?! Sick world, sick people....

And regarding the father, well....
.... I'm speechless...

Somehow the article doesn't want to show up here, sry if I misunderstood something.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I don't think this is real. I can't prove that, but I know that parents in China often chain their small children to things while they work as street vendors because there is an extremely high incidence of kidnapping. It is common practice and is for the protection of their children.

Plus, isn't the Sun a tabloid?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

What do you mean the article doesn't show up?

Before people came to attack the dad there were people around the boy laughing so I wouldn't be suprised if there were actual bidders.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
No-one wants this kind of thing to happen but in China it's unavoidable. The father says the mother has died, he's poor, has no home and no money, and by the state of him that looks to be true.

I'll say here what I said on the DM when I read the story.

If the father can't cope and there's no system in place to help him then he's doing what he thinks is the best thing. Shame on the do-gooder bystanders for causing a scene in front of the boy too. I pity them all. Wish I could take the wee lad.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobra5000

Yes it is a tabloid. I saw this yesterday but was hesitant to post it because it was from the Sun. If what you're saying is true, it wouldn't explain the crying boy, the people laughing, the people attacking the dad. This can't be common practice if people attacked the dad over it, whether or not there was an actual auction.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

If what you're saying is true, it wouldn't explain the crying boy, the people laughing, the people attacking the dad. This can't be common practice if people attacked the dad over it, whether or not there was an actual auction.

Maybe, but you don't know why the boy is crying. You don't know why the people are attacking the dad. It's easy to pin a story to any picture.

Here's an article about the practice:

www.guardian.co.uk...

I don't know how to link so I hope that worked.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This dad is insane.

Nuff said.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Honestly, you're completely right. The entire story could be made up: from the story about the dad and how poor he is, to why the child's chained, to why the people attacked the dad.

But there is no way to prove or disprove any of these claims. The only reason why I think you could be right is because of the source.

But by saying well this could or couldn't have happened is grasping at straws and suddenly, we're doing what the Sun did.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

It just that "the sun" wont load for me, except the banner at the top. A little weird, so I don't get to read the full article or see the pictures related to it.

But indeed, it seems like it is made up, after-all "the sun" isn't the trustworthiest source out there, and the article by the guardian does make sense.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clairaudience

It just that "the sun" wont load for me, except the banner at the top. A little weird, so I don't get to read the full article or see the pictures related to it.

It was in the DM yesterday too. www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
...And that's a much more reliable source.

I love these BTS smileys.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
...And that's a much more reliable source.

You think so?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by wigit]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here's a much worse story though the photos are obviously faked. Makes one wonder if some roving reporter in China is creaming it in through a series of hoaxes.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Obviously those are fake. Very sensationalist.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

There actually were bidders? Who in his right mind would actually entertain the thought of "buying" this boy?! Sick world, sick people...

I would, and I'm pretty sure the kid would be better off with me than where he comes from. Hopefully some people would try to get the kid out of this man's grip, even if they have to resort to trading.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Breizhoo

There actually were bidders? Who in his right mind would actually entertain the thought of "buying" this boy?! Sick world, sick people...

I would, and I'm pretty sure the kid would be better off with me than where he comes from. Hopefully some people would try to get the kid out of this man's grip, even if they have to resort to trading.

All over the world there are poor people. If I saw a kid in downtown Toronto being sold at auction, I wouldn't show the parent any mercy. Get the kid in a proper place and away from the parent but don't sell him as property.

top topics

join