It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 13 Million Acre Land Grab! Did You Know??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

I know that there is already a thread on this topic in General Conspiracy but I wish that more members would be able to view this and discuss it more. Because it could affect you!

I understand w/ everything happening in the world & domestically its easy to be distracted. It seems that the Obama admin. is quietly undergoing a pretty massive land grab here in the U.S.. The problem is that they're not revealing anything nor are they willing to be transparent about the details.

Here's the Fox Link

Rep. Doc Hastings, R-Wash., said it best:

"When the administration is, for lack of a better word, stiffing us -- you know that causes concern," Hastings said during a hallway interview on Capitol Hill. "We do have responsibilities to our constituents to make sure that when there is a huge change on federal lands in their area, that they are part of that process. We are afraid that that process is going to be taken away from them and that's why we're asking for these documents."

(I'm new to this embedding stuff, please bare w/ me.)

One of the big arguments w/ this is that states would lose revenue in an already weak economy.

Those commercial activities create jobs and tax revenue for the states. Tax revenues from commercial activity on federal lands often pays for local schools. However, with the single stroke of his pen, President Obama can use the Antiquities of Act of 1906 to turn federal land into National Monuments.(Meaning YOU are potentially "locked" out it).

However, the real issue that I have w/ this is the Non-Transparency.

WTH is the real reason?? Why the tight Secrecy?

Here's another video showing Congressman Denny Rehberg(Montana) disgust:

I liked how he opened with: "Mister Speaker, where will it all end?"
And ended it: "Americans are sick of secret bureaucratic overreach and Washington, D.C. tricks."

I highly recommend watching the 2nd video I posted. Because it may affect YOU or someone you know.

Here's another source from a news station, that when Ken Salazar came face to face with Montana Senator Jon Tester, was asked directly about the internal draft and if the Department of Interior had any intent to purchase land in Montana.

Salazar responded by saying he was “not aware of any plan.”

And lastly here is the 1st wave of the leaked land grab docs...
Leaked Land Grab Docs

My fellow ATS members: "Where would it all end...?"

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Forgot to add the link from Montana's news site.

Here ya go!

Here's another video link.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by JWash]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
How about a summary of what land is being grabbed and for what before asking people to watch a video?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Ummm, did you even read the OPs post? Or the news articles?

"It seems that the Obama admin. is quietly undergoing a pretty massive land grab here in the U.S.. The problem is that they're not revealing anything nor are they willing to be transparent about the details."

There really isn't that much info out there yet.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
How about a summary of what land is being grabbed and for what before asking people to watch a video?

I agree. I can't watch videos, even the embedded ones. How about a summary?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Hello Slightlyskeptical,

I understand where you're coming from but I provided all the links for you to read if you are *unable to view videos from your end.*

Here I'll post the links again so you can read in greater detail for yourself(They're not that long).

Fox News Link

Brief overview of what states are involved: Leaked Internal Draft

The memo outlines 14 areas spread across 9 western states, amounting to over 10-million acres of resource rich lands that Obama could, according to the Antiquities Act of 1906, take unilaterally(without public knowledge or congress).

Meaning IF this happens, lets say you own private land(i.e. rancher) you would be either "forced" off or paid to move.

::sigh:: The states involved:
Nevada
Utah
Montana
New Mexico
California
Arizona
Washington
Alaska
Wyoming

Hope that helps ya out!

*I re-read what I typed, sorry if I came off sounding nasty.*

Sidenote: Are other members able to view my embedded videos? Like I mentioned earlier, I'm a FNG to embeddind videos...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWash

::sigh:: The states involved:
Nevada
Utah
Montana
New Mexico
California
Arizona
Washington
Alaska
Wyoming

Hope that helps ya out!

It helps a ton actually. For me at least.

That list makes things a lot easier to pin down really. Like "What the heck is going on WHY??"

There are a myriad of possibilities here, some of them more likely than others.

#1) If it was related to immigration issue, Texas or Oklahoma would be on the list, possibly Florida too.

#2) The fact Alaska is in this kind of rules out Yellowstone type events.

#3) The fact Alaska is in this makes this a Pacific coast type issue.

So A) This could be related to impending war with North Korea/China whoever.
or B) It could be related to impending high possibility large Earthquake activity in that region soon.

But then again; #4) I could be reading way too much into this, and they could simply be
A) Greedy
or B) Making these "federal lands" "nature reserves" or something like that.

There are many other possibilities or inconsistencies to find. Those are just a few I was thinking off the top of my head.

We can use the laws of deduction to guide our path to trying to sort this one out. We aren't idiots.

They SHOULD tell us this stuff though..

new topics

top topics

join