It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is now listening to Dr Glenn Beck?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thirty_Foot_Smurf
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I dont think you really listen to him. I think you thought of a good one liner and had to make up a lie to bolster it.

Where is the conflict of interest when he endorses a product that sponsors him and he uses? Your comment makes no sense.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Thirty_Foot_Smurf]

Yep...I sure do...I watch him more than listen to his radio show...but I do both frequently.

You have to stay up on the crazy things being fed to people who listen to him...that way I'm not totally floored when I hear his viewers parrot his views.

Seriously...if you watch his show...you can see it in his eyes that he KNOWS he is lying...and he is laughing at his own audience as he is doing in. I swear I sometimes see dollar signs in his eyes like you do on cartoons.

And come on..you don't think he benefits from his little goldline scam???

I have a question for you...what is one of the biggest rules in investments??? Buy low, sell high???

So who do you think bought low...all you suckers he is telling to buy gold...or himself...who probably bought a ton of gold 5-10 years ago???

GOLD IS AT A RECORD HIGH....GO BUY IT...that should tip you off right there something isn't right.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I dont think you really listen to him. I think you thought of a good one liner and had to make up a lie to bolster it.

Where is the conflict of interest when he endorses a product that sponsors him and he uses? Your comment makes no sense.

Yep...I sure do...I watch him more than listen to his radio show...but I do both frequently.

You have to stay up on the crazy things being fed to people who listen to him...that way I'm not totally floored when I hear his viewers parrot his views.

Seriously...if you watch his show...you can see it in his eyes that he KNOWS he is lying...and he is laughing at his own audience as he is doing in. I swear I sometimes see dollar signs in his eyes like you do on cartoons.

And come on..you don't think he benefits from his little goldline scam???

I have a question for you...what is one of the biggest rules in investments??? Buy low, sell high???

So who do you think bought low...all you suckers he is telling to buy gold...or himself...who probably bought a ton of gold 5-10 years ago???

GOLD IS AT A RECORD HIGH....GO BUY IT...that should tip you off right there something isn't right.

Sure he benefits from Goldline, they're his sponsor. Why the hell would he advertise for them if they didt pay him?

Gold prices will probably double from current levels once the scat hits the fan and the inflation kicks in. So yes, most definitely buy gold if you can. You'd be a fool not to shelter your money there.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Yeah It is possible i misinterpreted you, but you did say he is a Christian lunatic but provide no details of why.. You said he is a con man but don't say why.. I have heard him mention he is a Christian, but he never seemed overzealous to me about it... I am a Christian and don't think I am a lunatic for that...
You say a lot of bad things about about Glen, but you don't say why he is those things....
All Glen beck does is tell people how the current administration is anti American and he says why.. all he does is tell people why he feels that way.. He says it all day long WHY...
I for one think he is correct most of the time.. He is just telling people about the way America is today, and he is always comparing this to the way it was after 1776, and he is telling people about what liberals are doing today and exposing the deceit.. Yes there is also people masquerading as conservatives and promoting agendas that are progressive in nature, just like the Bush family has done. He has been very lax in exposing that... The only thing that has bothered me about Glen Beck is that he has been defending certain professed conservatives that have not been very conservative, like the Bush admin.... But I see that as him belonging to that group and naturally coming to thier defense before thinking it through better, but who knows for sure...
But having said all of that, I can still understand everything in an UNBIASED way even though I am Christian, and conservative... That doesnt mean I will accept everything Glen says or Rush says just because I usually agree with them..or belong to their club.. I still have a brain and can use it to determine truth without letting my political beliefs cloud my judgement like we all see it doing to many others... Others coming to the defense of people for the only reason that those others belong to the same family of political affiliates they usually associate with.

anyways,, Cheers to you

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Yep, I agree with you. I listen to every pundit I can when I can stomach it. There are many pundits I dislike, but I feel it necessary to listen from all sides to come up with my own opinion. You got it right. Glad there are more folks like you out there than one coming from one side of journalistic/news channel frame point of view.

Sorry Glenn Beck is just a mess of jelly waiting to be smeared.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

Yep, I agree with you. I listen to every pundit I can when I can stomach it. There are many pundits I dislike, but I feel it necessary to listen from all sides to come up with my own opinion. You got it right. Glad there are more folks like you out there than one coming from one side of journalistic/news channel frame point of view.

Sorry Glenn Beck is just a mess of jelly waiting to be smeared.

Oh they're trying to smear him alright. Problem is he sticks with the truth so they just cant get him. Otherwise he would've gone down in flames a long time ago.

Gotta be so frustrating to watch if you hate him.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Thirty_Foot_Smurf

I am willing to admit I liked the guy before his demagoguery on fox. He used to be an informative likable kinda guy. What happened. Money? Fame? Insanity? I'll go for all three, plus the demagoguery.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Sure he benefits from Goldline, they're his sponsor. Why the hell would he advertise for them if they didt pay him?

Gold prices will probably double from current levels once the scat hits the fan and the inflation kicks in. So yes, most definitely buy gold if you can. You'd be a fool not to shelter your money there.

Goldline Scam
May 18th, 2010 by Jon Taplin

It appears that the Goldline scam I wrote about last fall has finally attracted some Congressional scrutiny. Rep. Anthony Weiner issued a report this morning.

The report alleges that Goldline grossly overcharges for the gold coins that constitute the bulk of its business, uses misleading sales techniques and takes advantage of fears about President Barack Obama’s stewardship of the economy – which are stoked by its paid stable of paid conservative endorsers including Beck, Mark Levin, Laura Ingraham and Fred Thompson – “to cheat consumers.”...
more

Tell me something if you would. If he is an honest man who cares about his viewers, why would he push one of the most overpriced gold dealers on the market? There are plenty of places to buy gold much cheaper than from Goldline so if it is about honesty and integrity, why would he not inform his viewers of this fact?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Problem is he sticks with the truth so they just cant get him.

The truth, eh?

"We are dealing with people who think they should rebel until they get their little kingdom like Satan did," said Beck. "You know what? Thanks, Mr. President, but I think we're going to keep the Internet the way it is right now. You know--or at least until people who are worshipping Satan, you know, aren't in office."
- Glenn Beck

So since he tells the truth, this statement is based on real facts. So you can easily tell me who is in office that worships Satan?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
What has Glenn Beck specifically LIED about?

I'll give you a sample, based on 10-15 mins of research.

He said that no other President had never been sworn into office without a Bible. He said he 'checked'.
He either did not check or checked up his arsegraped butt because he's lying. John Qunicy Adams used a law book. Franklin Pierce didn't even swear. He affirmed. Teddy Roosevelt used no Bible. Several Presidents kissed a Bible but did not swear on one.

www.washingtonpost.com...
memory.loc.gov...

Beck lie.

Glenn Beck lied when he said recently that $1.4 million of stimulus momey was used to repair a door at Dyess AFB. The doors repaired were aircraft hangar doors and the cost was not $1.4 million.
The cost was $246000 out of $1.4 million in repairs funding.

Beck lie.

Of course, we all know about him being called out as a liar by Whoopi and Barbara Walters.

I only did a few minutes' reserach, as I said...but it's quite clear that Beck is exposed as a liar.

My favourite though, is Beck going on about how compassionate he'd become after being failed by the expensive private health system last year when he got his dangling arsegrapes removed, said he was all suicidal...boo hoo...and only a couple of weeks ago screamed like an effete banshee at a woman on his radio show.

Edit: I was having such fun looking at what a liar Glenn Beck is I thought I'd find some more:

In June Beck lied when he said that the US was the ONLY country that had a natural birthright provision. Here is the list of other countries that do:
www.numbersusa.com...

Ooopsie doodle, Beck lie.

Glenn Beck lied when he said that the director of White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, "has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population."
This one is so good I'll just give you the link:
www.politifact.com...

Hey, if I find any more I'll let you know. I'll bet there are PLENTY. I don't give a flatflying# if the guy is passionate, he has a responsibility to check facts and make sure that the information he is disseminating is not poisoning people's minds. Look at the goofballs who think he's a Stay-Puft saint. The guy is a screaming ******* nutcase
source with supporting links

Papa Smurf, can you explain?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Oh I just love this. Alex Jones pushing gold is somehow helping people be prepared. Glenn Beck pushing gold is ripping people off and a scam.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna
Oh I just love this. Alex Jones pushing gold is somehow helping people be prepared. Glenn Beck pushing gold is ripping people off and a scam.

If it helps, I would not follow either one through an emergency exit during a fire. I used to Listen to Alex all the time for entertainment but now half his freakin' show is an ad for gold. Half the time the entire 3rd hour is specifically dedicated to buying gold. Both these nuts are full of crap, easily found out, and nothing but shills for some of the most expensive gold dealers in the business.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by 212019156
I always find it interesting that people who criticize Beck for being crazy, a liar etc etc, just end up calling him names. They very rarely give specific examples as to how his arguments or facts are lies or incorrect.

Most of us assume you must be willfully ignorant to not know.

Is Glenn Beck a Liar?

Is Glenn Beck a Fraud?

Has Glenn Beck exposed himself to be a liar, shill, neocon, hypocrite, fraud, etc.?

Does Glenn Beck know anything about History?

I'm sure there will be someone who will post a peice of evidence showing that something specific he said was wrong. You can do that with anybody on air. If you are the air every day, radio and tv, you are bound to make a mistake periodicly. But I have yet to see a posting that really delves into a series of Beck's arguments and seriously dismantles them with their own facts.

Yeah, well happy hunting. Let me know if you have trouble finding LOTS OF SPECIFIC EXAMPLES.

If you have even tried to look and failed, it might be your spelling.

Ok Gunderson, I cannot sit here and listen your drivel every day... I finally have to say something ...

just a side note, I ran in to a gunderson in high school and he was bigger than me, but I whupped his butt pretty hard for his insolence...

You are an epitome of what I was talking about in my last post.. You are a liberal troll and only support "those" people, nothing else matters...
critical thinking does not seem to matter with you people.. the only thing that matters is rubber stamping anyone in your field of embellishment..
everyone knows you, and you exposed yourself a long time ago here, but for the sake of having place to argue, we allow you you here...
please try and behave yourself a little better... that is all, you are dismissed!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienreality
Ok Gunderson, I cannot sit here and listen your drivel every day... I finally have to say something ...

You can hear me from there? That must be some computer. How do I sound?

just a side note, I ran in to a gunderson in high school and he was bigger than me, but I whupped his butt pretty hard for his insolence...

Wow. That is really super impressive. Tell me, should I feel something? Impressed, threatened? What is the point, internet tough guy? Sorry but talking about what a bad ass you are to strangers from behind a keyboard tells me you are about 14.

When you grow up and have had the time to be around places like this for a while, you will realize very few people use their real names. Unless you want to hear about the time I beat up a kid named Reality?

You are an epitome of what I was talking about in my last post.. You are a liberal troll and only support "those" people, nothing else matters...
critical thinking does not seem to matter with you people.. the only thing that matters is rubber stamping anyone in your field of embellishment..
everyone knows you, and you exposed yourself a long time ago here, but for the sake of having place to argue, we allow you you here...
please try and behave yourself a little better... that is all, you are dismissed!

Can you refute any of the FACTS I have posted exposing Glenn Beck as a liar and ignorant of reality?

So far, all you have done is play tough guy and call me a troll. Way to make a case there, bub. Seriously, you are funny. Name calling and tough talk is what you think passes for a cogent argument? Let me know how it is working out for you so far.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

I generally don't take investment advice from talk show hosts who are being paid to tell me to buy something.

Plus...isn't it funny how they both get paid to sell gold...and then in their shows they paint this doom and gloom scenario for ANY OTHER INVESTMENT OPTION???

But go ahead...buy your gold..."shelter" your money...seems like the marketing folks at these gold firms have really pegged their demographic good.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Alrighty, I'm going to read and check every one of your links last post and give them an honest unbiased check
be right back....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

See here's the thing. People like to go after Beck and pretend that his show is a news program and that everything is supposed to be 100% fact. It's not. He's a news commentator. What he says on his show is mostly his opinion on whatever the topic of the day is with some facts thrown in. Is he wrong on his facts sometimes? Yeah, just like any other normal human being. Does that make him a shill, dis-info agent, [insert favorite insult here]? Nope.

Unlike some others, he doesn't say "This is fact" or any variation thereof after every single statement. Instead he makes a lot of 'I' statements. "I think.." "I believe.." "I feel.." That in itself tells you that he's giving his opinion and his interpretation of events, yet people constantly come on here trying to claim that he's lying. If his opinion or interpretation is wrong, that just makes him wrong not a liar.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Glenn Beck does an excellent job of doing what he is paid to do (and he is paid ALOT). That is to encourage us all to stay divided. One more highly paid mouthpiece blowing hot air about liberals. Or conservatives. Or Christians or Jews or Muslims. Or whatever. The fact of the matter is as long as we keep seeing the problem in each other, we won't be looking at them. TPTB. He's using sleight of hand to keep your eye OFF the ball.

Television is an incredibly powerful weapon. It tells you what to think instead of thinking for yourself. Perhaps it's time to throw the damned thing away and start doing your own programming.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I generally don't take investment advice from talk show hosts who are being paid to tell me to buy something.

Nor do I. The only gold I own is my wedding ring and a few hand-me-down pieces of jewelry from elderly family members.

Plus...isn't it funny how they both get paid to sell gold...and then in their shows they paint this doom and gloom scenario for ANY OTHER INVESTMENT OPTION???

What's even funnier is that one is accused of being a scammer for it while the other is hailed as a savior if we would only listen to his message.

But go ahead...buy your gold..."shelter" your money...seems like the marketing folks at these gold firms have really pegged their demographic good.

Nice of you to make false assumptions.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Jenna]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
KJ,
so far most of the links you provided fail and give an error notice..no page found...

The other links you are providing trying to show that Glen beck is a liar are not actually proving that, but they show he might have been inaccurate in some of his comments..(based on people posting about it)
even giving you some credence doesn't justify the things you are purporting about him...
it is okay if you despise Glen... we all despise some people...
if you support communism that is okay too because it is your inalienable right to choose anything you wish... just don't mince words so much and just say what what it you believe in...
If you truly believe in the goodwill towards your fellow man and love thy neigbor , then I can accept you.. This is also Glen Beck's core belief, so you and him are linked in that regard, even if that makes you feel ill...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
Glenn Beck does an excellent job of doing what he is paid to do (and he is paid ALOT). That is to encourage us all to stay divided. One more highly paid mouthpiece blowing hot air about liberals. Or conservatives. Or Christians or Jews or Muslims. Or whatever. The fact of the matter is as long as we keep seeing the problem in each other, we won't be looking at them. TPTB. He's using sleight of hand to keep your eye OFF the ball.

Television is an incredibly powerful weapon. It tells you what to think instead of thinking for yourself. Perhaps it's time to throw the damned thing away and start doing your own programming.

orbitbaby, I think you are just wrong.. I understand what you are conveying, but you are just mistaken... Glen does not tell anyone by his words to be divided... He just talks about people and gives an interpretation of what that person says and then he says what he believes about that... I have never felt that he says the things he does just to divide us... but I guess it makes you feel that way... maybe that is because he is trying to tell people how far away the current dogmas of today are from what they were years ago, before people were so full of crap like they are today...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join