It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Setting History Free. interview with Graham Hancock

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Spazzy

feel free to have the last word with your next reply. i'm really kind of bored from trying to follow your trains of thought.

You've thrown in the towel

first of all, could you please make a short list of things that are made up and let us have a look at it. i don't hae any problem calling a hack a hack but unless you can at least provide one single example i don't see why you even bothe rposting.

There's a lot of deflection in there. Can you try again and be more coherent? You're in danger of going off-topic and derailing the thread so it'd be great if you could include a reference to either Wilcock or Hancock. Thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Spazzy

Yonaguni's a dead horse that keeps being flogged around here.

It's a natural formation of limestone bedrock.

It keeps getting spoken of because those who actually get out from their desks and dive there tend to change their mind about it, just look at it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1c0fbff63e9b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/efcbffc34f2b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9525ca0ff631.jpg[/atsimg]

There isn't a single geologist on the planet that still considers the formation to be anything other than natural.

Lol thats a lie and you know it...

From the home country, Professor Kimura

Masaaki Kimura is a geologist for Ryukyu University. He has studied the site (also known as Yonaguni Monument) for the past 15 years. He believes that the underwater rocks are the remains of a city 5,000 years ago
www.futuropasado.com...

[edit on 2-6-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
IMO Graham Hancock is an interesting character.I read allot of his book reviews and It seems to me that people either are very enthusiastic of his work, or they are contemptuous of it.

I would say that the people who are enthusiastic about his work find it fundamentally inspiring .
and
I think that the people who are the most skeptical of his work today. Claim he uses deception to win the hearts of a certain "audience"

I have listened to a number of his videos on youtube and the like. I think hes a wonderfully lucid speaker, and a very talented communicator. But most of all i believe hes a genuine person. I dont think hes purely in the bussiness of making money off of peoples ignorance.

One with no previous interest in history or knowledge can listen to a recording of Graham Hancock, or pick up one of his books and feel inspired to want to know more about the subject of history. It even goes deeper to touch at the heart of a humans need for the "truth". That doesn't mean just running to B&N and clearing the shelf's of all things Gram Hancock and subscribing to one theory. It mean being inspired to have an overall passion, love, and interest, in not just history....But in knowledge, and embracing and understanding ideas. I think the amount of good sourced information he provides outweighs whatever conclusion he may have led some to, on certain topics...but thats just my opinion

My favorite book is Supernatural. I think the experiences that Graham had while writing that book significantly influenced his life, and change his perspective., and I find his motives to be sincere.

It takes a genuine person to sit out in the amazon under the influence of intense mind altering substances in hopes of helping humanity have a better understanding of what it means to be a human being....

....I mean thats why were all here on ATS right? To understand one thing, or communicate another......

....Long story short

GO GRAHAM HANCOCK!!

[edit on 2-6-2010 by psilocybernaught]

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by psilocybernaught

My favorite book is Supernatural. I think the experiences that Graham had while writing that book significantly influenced his life, and change his perspective., and I find his motives to be sincere.

It takes a genuine person to sit out in the amazon under the influence of intense mind altering substances in hopes of helping humanity have a better understanding of what it means to be a human being....

Also one of my favorite books, but his Fingerprints of the Gods and The Sign and the Seal are also amazing books. Graham doesn't copy others research, he is out in the field doing the work.

He has written his first novel called "Entangled" and am looking forward to that, it will be released in the U.S. in September. He reads a couple of chapters on video, if you care to listen go to...

www.grahamhancock.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yes i saw those too.

What stands out to me is, how he explains in the video that hes using fiction as a medium to communicate certain ideas without all the hassle of academic scrutiny....I mentioned before that his work in Supernatural changed his perspective, and i think works like entangled that deal with mystical concepts, reflect that.

Most people would label this behavior or thinking as part of this whole "new age" movement idea. People see these two word concepts that people design like "new age" and start filtering their thought processes based on assumptions or generalizations associated with the concept. So when ever they hear the term applied to something they think in terms of the concept.
......which draws attention away from what really matters. And thats the connection we all share will the earth, other creatures of the earth, other humans....and the plants that are slowly trying to get our attention

[edit on 3-6-2010 by psilocybernaught]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Have you listened to his amazing interviews will Art Bell that he did over the years, I do have all them and the one I listen to frequently is when he talks about Supernatural on 12-28-06.

Sorry wrong interview, the date is 09-27-07..

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Funny guy
He's the dumbo that started all this BS about underwater pyramids!

Why not add images that show the divers? They clearly show levels that are not uniform. 'Steps' that would need ladders to climb! I wonder why the Japanese aren't using the 'pyramid' as a tourist attraction?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Watch his videos on Grahams website and you will see him diving along with others, this was all fimed at the time, those images posted were captured from the video.

Why are you so anti-Graham Hancock and trying to debunk his work?

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Aquarius, I'm not a fan of Hancock, but I'm not debunking him. I responded to a post about Yonaguni and have since been challenged by 3 or 4 posters. What you are seeing is simply a person asserting their opinion. I'm hardly likely to wander off after having aggressive posts aimed at me

Thanks for the thumb down, I still love ya

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Have you listened to his amazing interviews will Art Bell that he did over the years, I do have all them and the one I listen to frequently is when he talks about Supernatural on 12-28-06.

Yes

And i think its something to think about....

The over all idea essentially is that man today, owes his sentience to the plants that man in past has learned from.

And i agree with Graham, we need to re connect with plants in order to better understand our self's and our role as human beings

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

hey kandinsky why don't you go into more detail about the geologist that swims through typhoons for us please? i'm sure we'd all love to hear it. i heard he wears an aqua suit made frmo seaweed and hemp that is then infused with the terrifyingly powerful egos of quasi-intellectuals. must be some powerful stuff.

or i have a better idea actually, how about you do the respectful thing and dismiss yourself from this conversation. i tihnk you've taken quite a beating already i'd hate you see you keep writing checks tha tyou can't cash.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Funny guy
He's the dumbo that started all this BS about underwater pyramids!

Kandinsky, is it not so that despite you do not agree with the views and hypothesis from in this case that Professor Kimura it is very inappropriate and unwanted here at ATS to call him names like that, I did noticed that you do that more here on ATS.

Is that what you call deny ignorance?

It looks in my opinion nothing more than a kind of weakness because calling people names is the easiest thing to do in discussions like this.
And I thought that you can discuss things like that just as easy without that.
I thought it is also not allowed here, because when I did name you one time the same as you name other persons in my OP, I got correctly this warning then.

reply to post by spacevisitor

[edit on 3/6/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

i love the first picture in this series. notice how the "steps" or whatever they are are eroded in the center. this means that the formation started out looking like normal rocks but then was eroded by water to look like steps then was eroded again to look like rocks again.

i think a 5 year old could tear that argument apart. but let's pretend that this is a natural formation. what would happen in another 1,000 years? would this place turn into disneyland? by then i'm sure the erosion could conjure up some carousel rides and ferris wheels or something really worth while. that's probably what the japanese are waiting for.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Spazzy

You didn't understand the article. Here, let me explain what he meant there...

Instead, he found “a wonderful little island, and a fabulous place to dive.” But nothing that couldn’t be explained, “much more parsimoniously”—as he told me in a phone interview—“by natural processes.”

In fact, his hopes crumbled before he even got in the water, as he watched a typhoon tear away at the coast and observed how the rock broke apart along horizontal bedding planes, creating those level terraces and vertical steps.
link

It isn't describing a live event of centuries of coastal erosion occurring before his eyes. It's the article writer describing Schoch's observation that the geology of the area was highly stratified and broken evidently due, in part, to wind and rain. I linked an image to highlight the geology of the Ryuku Island chains. You didn't understand that point either.

or i have a better idea actually, how about you do the respectful thing and dismiss yourself from this conversation. i tihnk you've taken quite a beating already i'd hate you see you keep writing checks tha tyou can't cash.

I'm enjoying myself. You keep making a fool of yourself by misunderstanding my points and offering zero in return. You can't comprehend links. I'll keep posting to deny your ignorance. Beating? Are you kidding? Your comprehension is weak. Must be five or six members having a go at my points and still Yonaguni is a natural formation.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You're off topic Space. Add a comment directed at the thread! I'm allowed to call Kimura a 'dumbo' because he isn't a member and dumbo isn't offensive. You becoming part of a forum gang and aiming your comments at one member is against the T&Cs. I'm a big boy and can lap it up all day.

Why is Kimura called a 'dumbo?' I could have used a better term. He's making claims that the natural formation is part of a civilisation that pre-dates 8000BC and actually goes back pre-10000BC (sea levels). There isn't any evidence on any of the Ryuku Islands that they were inhabited prior to 5000BC.

So this formation was carved out of bedrock in one single location of the islands? These people left no evidence? They didn't populate any other areas? There isn't signs of earthquakes so did the rising seal levels get them as they were too slow to flee a few inches a year sea rise?

Kimura remains the only academic I can find who still claims they are artificial. He's even suggested they were created using 'some form of machinery.'

My problem with the images...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3168b292010.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8171106c9f32.jpg[/atsimg]

Who builds 'steps' a full grown adult can't easily get up? Is there a set of steps in this world where people need to use ladders to climb them?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f92ef8477f1.gif[/atsimg]

Again. Steps are built using the same height per riser all the way up.

So Space, I called the man a 'dumbo' because he's a qualified academic who won't accept the facts. He won't accept the opinions of his peers. He cites Schoch as agreeing with the 'pyramid' on his website. The quote is from 1999 and the site has been updated every year since. He's left a persuasive quote to stand in support of his claims. That's dishonest. Intellectual dishonesty.

Whatever comment I made that upset you I apologised for at the time. I don't bear grudges and I try to be polite whenever possible. I can argue the hell out of someone on a thread and it stays in that thread! You've mentioned it a couple of times now and it's really just history. I'm aware you don't like my posts and resent me laughing at Clifford Stone. I don't take it personally.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Who builds 'steps' a full grown adult can't easily get up? Is there a set of steps in this world where people need to use ladders to climb them?

They are not "steps" as your thinking of the word. Think more along the lines of step as in step pyramid, were these step pyramids buit as a podium for giants? lol. We can get to the issue of what they were used for once we get past the issue of them not being natural, that way our experts can treat it as somthing other than a subject of ignorent ridicule and we can get to the bottom of it.

Once its accepted that there may have been a civilazation living there, then and only then will we properly look for supporting evidence and explanations as to what happened to them. The experts wont find it if they're not looking.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
regardless of how much ease it was done with i think its fairly safe to assume it would not be an easy task to accomplish even today. Not only that the structural accuracy of the building but also the utter precision of placement of the stones. the question you need to ask yourself is why would a bunch of unsophisticated spear throwers build such awesome buildings BACK THEN that not only has and probably will out last our own civilization. why build something that big? i mean seriously some of those stones weigh in at 100 ton. ????? doesnt that bother any of you that they went about this in the most difficult way.

why not cut it down to 100 one ton block even that is still impressive. why do things so difficult if they were so primitive? doesnt make sense is all im saying. something doesnt add up.

either solid stone didnt weigh as much back then as it does now(seems everything in the past was big)

or they had a means of moving it with ease.

just saying.

oh P.S

The Unfinished Obelisk, Aswan, Egypt. -
Measures 120-feet (42m) and would have weighed over 1,168 tons when complete.

yeah explain how they intended to get that out of the ground..

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TiM3LoRd]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Kimura believes they are a natural formation that's been worked by man. If I can dig up the 3D schematic of the site, you might agree that it's all natural.

One of the images is described as a 'staircase' on Morien's site. Wherever I look at the site, I see irregularity. The steps should be uniform and comply to a pattern. They instead present irregular heights. There's no block work, no paving. No interior rooms.

If anything was found to persuade me otherwise, I'd be happy about it. New discoveries are always great news in history.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

He's making claims that the natural formation is part of a civilisation that pre-dates 8000BC and actually goes back pre-10000BC (sea levels).

Kandinsky, why can it not be then that there were already human civilizations before that timeframe but become destroyed during the time the sea-levels rose at the end of the last Ice Age.

You simple cannot rule out that possibility.

The whole site [and others around the world] is still under investigation and professor Masaaki Kimura is not the only investigator to these kinds of underwater structures, so who knows what they will find eventually, those investigations are still going on.

On May 28 2002 National Geographic News reported on the many recent discoveries underwater on the coastal shelves around the world :

"Ancient stories of massive floods pass from generation to generation and in many places in the world are integral to a people's spoken history.

The tales differ by locale, but commonly feature either torrential rains or a hugely destructive wall of water bursting into a valley, destroying everything in its path. In many cases, the flooding is an act of retribution by displeased gods.

Scientists, historians, and archaeologists view many of these enduring tales as myth, legend, or allegoric tales meant to illustrate moral principles.

Recent findings indicate that at least a few of them could be based on real floods that caused destruction on an enormous scale."

unmyst3.blogspot.com...

he's a qualified academic who won't accept the facts. He won't accept the opinions of his peers.

Right, it is precisely because he is a qualified academic and not some amateur who did no doubt a lot of investigation over there and therefore do not accept so easy the opinions of his peers so far.

Here is another example.

If I would accept the opinions/sayings of most of our scientific community people and scientific icons like Dr. Michio Kaku or Professor Stephen Hawkings regarding for instance the UFO/ET subject, would that in your view be a wise thing to do, or do you think that their opinions/sayings would keep me regarding that subject entirely in the dark and far from the truth?

Whatever comment I made that upset you I apologised for at the time. I don't bear grudges and I try to be polite whenever possible.

I am not upset by it; I do find it regarding that man or any man an undeserved improper reproach.

I can argue the hell out of someone on a thread and it stays in that thread! You've mentioned it a couple of times now and it's really just history. I'm aware you don't like my posts and resent me laughing at Clifford Stone. I don't take it personally.

I am aware that you can argue the hell out of me on a thread, but it is not true that I don’t like all your posts.

Here is an example for that altough you did not answer me so far.

I do however not agree with all of your views regarding certain subjects such as for instance in this thread, but what could be wrong with that?

[edit on 3/6/10 by spacevisitor]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

dont' try to use any logic on kandinsky. he's talking total nonsense out of teh blue. keeps posting pictures that blatanly scream manmade and yet claim it proves that they're natural even though there isn't a shred of evidence to say that they are.

remember that kdandinsky, not a shred. the best "evidence" you have is a geologist that claims to watch typhoons crash into the structure 100 feet below the surface. right right right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join