It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada On, Fall in May? What the?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Ok so i have been outside today, got to pay my bills etc,, and while driving, i have noticed leafs falling to the ground, not only leafs falling to the ground, but tress changing into there fall states clothing, as in colour change.

I will take pictures if i could this week, its unbelievable on whats its happening.

If fall does start in May and June then likely it will snow in the summer months of July august, you can guess the rest.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
which province? Ontario? Everything's green around me...

[edit on 5/26/2010 by hhcore]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

We definitely need pics. Please.

That would be a great addition to 2010, and would for sure get the 2012 stuff up and running.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm in Ont. as well.

I have noticed leaves falling off trees way more than usual, but no noticeable color change.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Isn't eastern canada under a heat wave right now? I saw the forecast at 34C (or was it F?) Which was a record

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

yeap.

it's almost unbearable how hot it is.

if it's this bad late spring.

i'll hate to see the weather mid July/ early august

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

Yea after today's massive 34 Celsius, I was thinking the exact same thing. Friend told me that apparently we had hotter weather then LA and Miami

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
lol 34 degrees isn't hot. try 50 in the heatwaves over here.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave157
Its weird too, waaaay over here in western canada we're going through a cold snap, not frost but cold enough to give gardeners pause. Earth is going loco lol.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Ok so i have been outside today, got to pay my bills etc,, and while driving, i have noticed leafs falling to the ground, not only leafs falling to the ground, but tress changing into there fall states clothing, as in colour change.

I will take pictures if i could this week, its unbelievable on whats its happening.

If fall does start in May and June then likely it will snow in the summer months of July august, you can guess the rest.

You are simply being a paranoid loon.

Chill - all is well.

JK

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Is it your first year in Canada
kinda sparatic weather here
It was 25c last week then -2 for the weekend with snow here in Alberta
see what I mean

[edit on 27-5-2010 by GummB]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hmm.. Pictures first, flag later !

Hope your wrong. IF the leafs have change colors and are falling of now in the end of may, that is not good...I dare say .....

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The trees could be infected with something causing the leaf loss and color change. As for the season going into winter during the summer months, I cant see that happening since earth axial tilt is in the summer season for the northern hemisphere.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

You are simply being a paranoid loon.

Chill - all is well.

JK

Sorry but i saw it with my own eyes, i am not paranoid
, i will take the pictures this Friday or weekend, since Thursday is still a hot day.

Oh btw in my area we have a tree that is pink like this
monkink.com...

Somehow the pink on the tree has gone, and changed into green.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Lack of water can cause leaves to turn color early. Also, a cold spell. And a big wind can weaken leaves and cause them to fall. There's some weirdness going on, but it isn't unprecedented. My friend in Oregon had a frost the other night and it definitely harmed his early vegetable plants.

Meanwhile, where I am at, the rain, rain, rain, has caused lots of problems concerning putting seeds in the ground. Yet, a hundred miles from me, there are corn plants, a foot high. WTF? I guess those farmers got the word early. lol. They planted early. Next week is the usual time to plant corn, yet they probably planted about 3 weeks ago.

The weather is kind of whacky. But it's not unusual, other than it's not the norm, but it's normal from time to time.

Last year I had a great garden going. But too much summer rains caused serious problems. Too much rain. Tomato rot was rampent. Peppers did better than expected, though.

I know, the old guy next to me knows what is going on. He has a great garden everyyear. I am fairly new to this climate. Some years he plows early, and plants early, or this year, he plowed late and hasn't even planted yet. He just KNOWS! I should pay more attention to his actions, yes?

By the way, the Farmers Almanac is a really good source on when to garden. My dad swears by it, except he says, well, it's not always correct. But my ole dad just knows when to plant things. But, this year, he said, the peas just didn't take well. And he told me, he doesn't think he can keep up with the changes anymore. The air doesn't smell right, the weather patterns are strange.

And I can attest to this. We have been having northeastern rains. This is not the norm. The rains should be coming from the southeast or from the direct west.

The winds usually come from the south. And they are coming from the northeast. And today, a rain front came from the northwest, but the wind blew from the southwest. Maybe soon my peach trees will start bending the opposite way.

Heh, just wanted to say, when I bought my house 7 years ago, the previous owner told me this used to be a rather calm area, but suddenly big winds started coming from the southwest. He said he had never seen this before, and he grew up in this house, bought it from his dad and then sold it to me. He said, this is strange stuff happening.

One thing is constant, though. Gigantic night crawlers that I can sell to fishermen. lol And I don't have to dig. They just crawl out of the ground, because they want to get away from the drowning flood waters.

And, yeah, May first, my cellar filled up with water from rains, the sump pump couldn't even keep up, and the water not only drowned my elevated HVAC system, both inside and outside, and water heater, began soaking onto the first floor, warping the hardwood floor that has been here for 50 years. Yikes And I am near the top of a plateau.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Um, that pink tree is either an apple or cherry tree. The pink flowers blossom in the spring for a few days and then fall off to make way for the fruit.

I have an apple tree in my front yard... it does this every friggen year... well, sometimes it skips a year. They're beautiful when the flowers bloom and the bees just love them, but damn, when the flowers fall off... what a huge mess that is left to clean up. People give me strange looks as they walk by my house because every spring I am outside vaccuuming up apple blossom petals. This year we had a few windy nights and the wind literally blew millions of pink petals all over my mother's car... you couldn't even see her car underneath all of the petals.

So, no need to worry... the flowers only last days, maybe a week, and then they fall off and are replaced by green leaves and some fruit. It is a part of nature. The circle of life. No conspiracy or foul play there.

top topics

join