It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What did Napoleon see/experience in the Giza piramid that scared him so much?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Badge01's post about them being experts at preventing entry to the tombs is interesting as that seemed to be the only explaination on the deaths in reference to the so-called 'curse'. Its also interesting that the writers of the bible say that up until the plagues were sent, Pharoah's magicians were able to match Moses magically.

Opening ancient things is interesting, here in Ireland I heard a story of some old bones which were dug up and near the bodies were sealed bottles.

Apparently priests would exorcise the person and send the evil spirit into the bottles which were sealed and buried with the person when they died.

So the moral is if you collect old bottles which appear empty and closed, don't open them!

On Defcon's subject, maybe it's a very old custom from the pre-christian era as I'm thinking of the fables of the Genie and the Lamp and weren't Genies the Jinn which, leading to Crowley and Lam are considered to be the so-called 'Grey Aliens' by some Muslims today?

But on another aspect, why did the writer Dennis Wheatly in the Duc de Richleau series write that Napoleon had sold his soul?
Now, where does that particular myth arise from? I'm aware some people cite Nostradamus and interpret Napoleon as the first antichrist in the quatrains, I can only think it was because Napoleon was an Emperor and in reference to the old Roman Empire those leaders believed themselves to be dieties?

Now, that book Vanitas mentioned seems to be hard to get hold off, I could only see 2 references to it at this address

books.google.com...!&dq=John+Monkhouse+The+Last+Moments+of+Buonaparte!&pgis= 1

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by janeson

That was an interesting contribution - thanks.

And the observations about the bottles - and what might happen if one opens them - are spot on. ;-)
Our ancestors knew A LOT, and much of that knowledge has been forgotten.

As for Napoleon having "sold his soul" (presumably to the devil?), it's an interesting but time-consuming topic. I suppose the main reason might have been simply the AWE he actually inspired in people. (I'll repeat the highly interesting observation by the highly interesting Mme de Stael, who was in love with him: "He is more than a man, and less than a man".)

He became a general at the age of twenty-four (!), and the emperor of France not long afterwards - and, most of all, he had a hypnotic power over people, notably his soldiers, who were (I am going by actual reports here) glad to die "for him", praising and honouring him even with their last, dying breath.

Add to this the fact that he converted churches into "temples of Reason" and other "enlightened" antics...

But it may be worth researching further.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Double post.
Sorry!

[edit on 10-10-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ejsaunders

I don't know how I missed your post the last time I was here, but I somehow did...

Sorry.

That's very interesting.
Can you tell more (especially about the wife's reactions)?

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Yes, the antichrist thing may just be a case of society trying to come up with an excuse for someone with exceptional power ie it must be god or the devil. A bit like the pyramids themselves, we say there is no way man could have built these, mankind always limits itself and perhaps some race in the future will look at the moon buggy and say the same thing?

I think the Egyptian Book of the Dead has some parts that are similar to the ten commandments; 'I have born no false witness', perhaps he was given a spiritual 'slap on the wrist' or warned about his so-called 'downfall'? It didn't do Crowley much good either..

I get the impression he was what we would call a 'humanist' today, but it's stiill then unclear why such a man of reason would spend a night in what was thought to be a tomb?

There is a rumour that even today, if you're prepared to part with some money they can turn a blind eye to you spending the night in the pyramid.

posted on Oct, 12 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a person once stayed in west kennet long barrow and she was a hippy when they found her the next day she was mad because something was in there at night with her and scared her so much that she was mental forever after that fateful night

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join