It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Storm Clouds out West

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
When I was stationed at FE Warren AFB in Wyoming working in the missile fields, a very mysterious thing happened to us one early evening. It was still light out, but we could see some very dark and menacing looking storm clouds headed our way. We were at a Launch Control Facility (or Missile Alert Facility as the names was being changed) and it was summer of 1997.

The main thing I remember was the clouds were very black and were swirling. Lightning was seen and it looked like we would be in for some nasty weather. The cloud covering was relatively small as we could see light from all sides of it, but it covered the overhead area completely. One of the strangest things was when we radioed (and the facility manager would also call) the weather flight, was that they did not see anything on their radar. They kept telling us there was nothing over us, and it should be sunny.

Obviously, we were seeing nasty storm clouds that looked like they could turn into funnel clouds at any moment. This was witnessed by over a dozen people, from the maintenance crew, security crew, FM, and cook (the officers were below ground and cannot leave their post). The officers were notified of what was going on upstairs, and they received the same information that the area was clear and nothing was spotted on the weather radar.

I have heard of mystery storms on the seas, and do know that storms can materialize quite quickly. But this one was not showing up on any radar, and it was quite ominous. It did rain hard on us and the storm clouds passed over and headed West, another strange thing as most clouds and storms head East.

I remember the storm clouds vividly and the strange feeling watching them. The date it happened is a bit bleary (I do remember the year as I was on a maintenance team), and it was during the summer which is why I remember the year. I am wondering if anyone here has ever seen anything as unusual as what was witnessed on that day.

To this day, the base itself has no record of anything unusual, even though a quite unnatural event did happen. This almost sounds like it belongs in a Frank Edwards book. This is also my recollection of events, to the best of my knowledge.

Anyone here from the West ever witness something like this, or did we all see a unique event?

Thank you all for reading this post.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Some walk on Earth awakened to the TRUTH, you could be one-1 of the awakened, saying that could you provide more "details" on this experience?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I stayed in El Paso, TX one summer and I spent some time in Western Oklahoma and I have seen this phenomenon a few times. I have seen pretty cool dust storms, and I have seen violent thunderstorms with lightning and rain, but the rain never touched the ground! I have seen rain in El Paso come down hard like bullets on the roof tops, and maybe touch the tops of cars, and even leave little imprints in the sand but not a drop of moisture stays on the ground!

The Dry, Hot Air in the Southwestern United States makes for some very interesting storms!

On a side note, I was at the swimming pool one day and I swear a 3 foot lizard of some kind jumped the 8 foot cement block wall. He came across the pool deck, got a drink, and then noticed me. We had a tense eye contact moment or too and then he leaped back up on the wall and looked back at me angrily? I guess I messed up his watering hole, because it was kind of a junky motel on the outskirts of El Paso. I guess the lizard had never seen a sunbather there before, LOl! Either that or I was in the sun too long and hallucinating?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DClairvoyant

What I wrote is what I remembered: The clouds were dark and swirling, there was lightning and the rain was quick but intense. The clouds did move West, which is unusual as I always see them move in an Easterly direction. It was witnessed by at least a dozen military personnel who were just as baffled as I was. It did not show up on radar, and such a storm should have.

I remember it was summer of 1997, but anything beyond that is sketchy. I had been meaning to put this experience up, but kept putting it off. We were all sober that day as we were all on duty. The event happened east of Cheyenne Wyoming, if that helps (about 40 or so miles).

It lasted about 30 minutes or a little less, but it was intense and ominous to say the least.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting story and I'm inclined to believe you are not making it up.

I wonder if some sort of dimensional portal was opening up above your missile for some reason? (monitoring etc)

That's the only thing I can think of as UFO's have shown great interest in our nuclear arsenal on a few occasions.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

I am not making this up as it did happen. While this does not fall into the usual claims made here, I am hoping others from the West or any other area might have seen something like this.

I never gave the portal idea any thought, just the idea it was a very freaky freak storm. (It is interesting in the movies that dark storm clouds are associated with this phenomena of portals.)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by muggl3z

I am not making this up as it did happen. While this does not fall into the usual claims made here, I am hoping others from the West or any other area might have seen something like this.

I never gave the portal idea any thought, just the idea it was a very freaky freak storm. (It is interesting in the movies that dark storm clouds are associated with this phenomena of portals.)

I KNOW for a FACT you wouldn't be making this up as you are a very honest person I can read that coming from you. I used to be in the military over a year ago and I witnessed something on camp that shook me up for life that I decided to leave aswell as other reason's.

They are the memories that stick with a person all their lives and yet it still gives me hope that we are not alone and that their are other's who walk among this Earth that are here to help guide us/stay connected with the LIGHT.

It wouldn't suprise me the likes of the military connecting in the so-called inter-dimensional/call it what you will to Orions belt. And as for many of our 3rd eye's you and your army personnel would have only "seen" a storm cloud as what was coming from that storm cloud would have been right above your heads and yet your self-awareness is growing yet at that "time" where there is no such thing as "time" from an Infinte/Eternal perspective you could only imagine the IFS and BUTS.

You must question everything and always do your OWN homework as those in the KNOW working for negative entities are not interested in what we feel only on how we can prove the conspiracies to be FACT that's what their scared of. Their scared of this "Awakening Age" that not enough are awakening to.

Love & Light.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yesterday the sky was sunny and blue and then all of the sudden a storm rolled in from out at sea. It got dark really quickly. There was lightning and rain. After about 40 minutes the storm cleared, rolling further inland. It's so mysterious, only happens about 20 times a year. I'm guessing it has something to do with chemtrails and the ten suns that they are trying to hide.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Hey Flash, I thought you might find this interesting. They cover the many stories of UFO's showing interest in our nuclear weapons. In one case a officer in charge of several minuteman missile silos said a UFO enabled launch then disabled the warhead of a weapon.

It's a great show, and I'm sure you'd be especially interested!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by muggl3z]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muggl3z

I have read many cases of UFOs appearing where there are nuclear weapons and also at silos. I am not going to say what I saw was UFO related, but more of a freak storm. Could the clouds of been used to cover any type of ship? I have also read of mystery clouds and UFOs being connected to them

I chalk this experience up as a mystery storm that just did not behave normally. The two things that stuck out were the direction it was moving (west) and the fact it was not registering on radar. This would make a perfect fit in Frank Edward's books as he wrote about mystery weather also.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Or maybe it was a storm, sheeesh. Weather has been since the world began.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AUSceptic

You are correct that it was "just a storm" in many ways. But storms usually move in a certain way, and this one moved in the opposite direction. Also, storms appear on radar and other instruments. This one did not as we called and radioed the weather flight and they stated that we had clear skies above us.

If it acted like a normal storm, I would not mention it here.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Where's your proof? Why go making such claims if there is no way to verify them?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You do not have to believe this happened, and that is fine. The other dozen or so military members that were there also witnessed this freak storm and we were all outside watching it. Again, no instruments at base measured anything and it was moving west instead of east. How can I prove this if no instruments picked this up? Had they done so, there would not really be a mystery here other than the abnormal direction.

All I am looking for is others who live out west and experienced the same strange phenomena. Obviously, you have not witnessed this type of event, but I would like to hear from the others here who have witnessed something like this or other similar experiences with freak weather.

That is why this area is called the gray area, as no proof is needed to tell of our experiences.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AUSceptic
Where's your proof? Why go making such claims if there is no way to verify them?

Common sense tells me that you are acting selfish that this member here is asking for other's to come forward to cover the facts from fiction. Think about it many people on ATS when they have had close encounter's/other experiences talk of their experience's and ask other's to come forward to relate to their material and a better understanding of it.

You want proof, be patient instead of being so demanding.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wow im drunk on cloud mystery what could they be. Panda, aliens or perhaps an great white shark. Nobody knows the clouds are not telling.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by zaiger]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I have not witnessed anything like that, but in reading your post it reminded me of the SciFi channel show, The Triangle. There were a couple of scenes where they were flying and saw a massive storm, but nothing on the planes radar. Interesting stuff.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008

You do not have to believe this happened, and that is fine. The other dozen or so military members that were there also witnessed this freak storm and we were all outside watching it. Again, no instruments at base measured anything and it was moving west instead of east. How can I prove this if no instruments picked this up? Had they done so, there would not really be a mystery here other than the abnormal direction.

All I am looking for is others who live out west and experienced the same strange phenomena. Obviously, you have not witnessed this type of event, but I would like to hear from the others here who have witnessed something like this or other similar experiences with freak weather.

That is why this area is called the gray area, as no proof is needed to tell of our experiences.

[edit on 5/27/2010 by kidflash2008]

I have seen a few freakish storm, cloud formations etc.... The really odd ones often do travel the opposite direction (East). Or else, they just hang there, like some personal cloak. Weather is something to love, and a bit mysterious. Was it not painful even to consider that man will try to control this? As if the planet has no consciousness of it's own life...

Consider that weather comes from below, with links to above (space), and that here on the plane of existence we simply think the wind blows this way or that...and believe in the 2 dimensional twaddle of weather man.

Your story is proof enough for me.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

That is what is interesting to me as storms are indicative of changes in pressures and fronts and they should show up on the radar. I will have to watch that show and see if the storm clouds resemble what I and others saw.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

The direction was strange (heading west), but the weirdest part was not registering on the radar at the base.

Thank you for sharing your experience of freaky weather, too.

Truth really is much stranger than fiction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join