It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Storm Clouds out West

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Probably just the radar guys messing with you.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Sounds like a pulse storm, which is on that picks up quickly and dies down quickly, but can be quite violent. How long did it ask, and what kind of radar was being used if I may ask?

Alos, storms are quite unpredictable and often follow unusual paths, unless they are part of a pressure system or frontal system. Its not unusal for storms to come from weird directions

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AUSceptic

We were out at a Launch Control Facility, and the weather flight would not mess with us when it came to weather. People work out in the open there, and a lightning strike or twister touch down can be deadly. They would not joke about this with our team chief or the launch control officers who also called about it.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

It lasted about 30 minutes and then moved west. I believe it was Doppler radar that was being used by the weather flight. The clouds did not dissipate, but moved out of our line of sight. Also, the clouds were visible way back east before they headed over our location.

I will look up pulse storm and read more about that phenomena.

[edit on 5/29/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think this is an excellent experience.

I hope that the community here can help you!

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
It's cold this morning, I think the government is regulating the temperature to make it more hospitable for alien visitors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join