It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

63% Favor Repeal of National Health Care Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

63% Favor Repeal of National Health Care Plan

www.rasmussenreports.com

Support for repeal of the new national health care plan has jumped to its highest level ever. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 63% of U.S. voters now favor repeal of the plan passed by congressional Democrats and signed into law by President Obama in March.

The new findings include 46% who Strongly Favor repeal of the health care bill and 25% who Strongly Oppose it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Really? The lawmakers don't know what is in this legislation, let alone what the implications of it will be when it is implemented. How can the average person now want the thing repealed (67% of mainstream folks want it tossed)?

This is about government spending and the competence of government, not healthcare. People have no confidence in the government being to take on something like this and do it effectively. People know that the current system has serious problems, but are also smart enough to know that the one thing that the government did not do that is the most urgent is address the cost issue.

People view the overall cost of the system to the country one problem and the cost they bear quite another and the government has supposedly done something to address the first (doubtful) but has not really done anything to address the latter. Lay on top of that the growing concern about spending in general and you gedt the desire to repeal.

This will be stripped to the bone before it gets enacted

www.rasmussenreports.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I cannot personally afford this bill.

Will we be considered criminals when we can't buy health insurance?

And why do people think that the government is going to be paying for their healthcare?

I could be wrong, anyone is free to correct me.

But yes, 63% is nothing. 95% of people could want to repeal it and nothing would happen. Remember how many people wanted to kick Bush out of office and it never happened?

What do you think this is, a democracy?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by The_Zomar]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well its a nice grabbing title. However:

The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on May 22-23, 2010 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Not to mention they are telephone surveys. Sadly, that is all we have, but its still and will continue to be problematic. I don't doubt their sampling techniques or even teh survey methods, but projection to the population off 1000 phone surveys is "limited."

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Not only does the public wants a rejection of this law from the books...

The Administration wants it also, it seems they are just getting to read the bill now or being fed what is actually in this monstrosity.

Obama & Congressional Democrats want to VETO Healthcare Bill

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Personally, unless I hear both sides of the argument repeal or not to repeal, I will have no opinion. Besides, why don't we just totally get red of health Insurance altogether and allow Doctors and Hospitals to compete for patients. And of course the cost to the penny must be deducted from earnings for Tax purposes. Also the medicine must be allowed to be imported from any source where we can buy it cheap regardless of ifs and buts. We should also be allowed to out source the major treatment & surgery including Air Fair cost to and from a country where we can get the treatment cheap. It all must be tax deductible. After all it is our money and our health and the government/Congress should buzz out of it. To me, the Health Cartel with the help of Republicans and some Democrats are robbing us blond folded and we don't have anything to say in it. A south Carolina Carpenter, who didn't have Insurance and needed pacer , sold his house, went to India. Got the pacer. The total cost for Treatment+ Air Travel and sight seeing was less than $10,000. Try to get it here. Absurdity has gone too far.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
We have had our health plan for three months. We just received notice that our plan is being discontinued and that they can automatically move us to their new plan which costs 13% more and has a higher deductible OR if we don't like that and want to change to a different plan we can completely reapply and they will consider our application. We can barely afford the coverage as it is. The new health care legislation is certainly not helping my family.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aislin

Sorry to be so blunt, but it was never meant too.

The HCR is sort of a population control bill. With people signed up underneath it, you will be told what treatments you can recieve. Just google the wonderful stories of delayed treatment in Canada or other places where socialized medicine is practiced.

Ah those lovely DMV type employees telling you what treatment you can recieve while texting to their friends about what should I wear to the party tonight.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by Aislin

The HCR is sort of a population control bill.

That actually made me nauseous. It's frightening because I can see the truth in it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan

The survey of 1,000 Likely Voters was conducted on May 22-23, 2010 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

Not to mention they are telephone surveys. Sadly, that is all we have, but its still and will continue to be problematic. I don't doubt their sampling techniques or even teh survey methods, but projection to the population off 1000 phone surveys is "limited."

Agreed. I wouldn't allow for ANYTHING polls like this present. However, I feel that if the polls were done in a blind fashion and they included 100,000 random adults I bet you would find that the numbers would probably be much higher than the 63% shown here. This legislation was forced upon the people. We are taxed enough as it is. We need to have more pull in what we pay for.

Do I feel we should help those that need it? Always. And I do whenever I can. I was even kind enough to give a family $240 at a rest stop so they could get their moving van down to Kentucky. Am I gullible? Did I ever see a dime of that back? No on both. I did it out of the kindness of my heart for my fellow man. But when someone else who has shown that they are ruled by greed makes me pay for something that may end up bankrupting this nation?....well, that kind of offends me.

So let's stop putting so much into these polls. I can go out and take a poll and end up with some interesting numbers.

Okay, maybe my post was rambling a bit but I just wanted to address this poll issue.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unnoan

True enough.
But....
I know what I hear from talking with a lot of people, a lot of different backgrounds too.

I'll bet if the HCR law was put on the ballot in the fall elections as a referendum, up or down vote, it would be repealed.

Probably 70% are against the law as it is written.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

we're not a democracy, we're a representative republic. why do so many people not know that?

a democracy is mob rule where 51% of the public can take away the rights of the other 49%, a republic is rule of law.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What should be done, is to take all the insurance companies (health and dental) and close them all down, let them sell auto and life and real estate insurance instead, there can still be a viable market for them, or they can change their business altogether by some innovation(if they can'tdo this then I call them LAZY!!!!), then we pool everyone's money (taxes recieved by the government) and supply insurance to ALL CITIZENs OF THE US, if you cannot provide documentation of citizenship, ie. SS CARD valid license, ID Visa whatever, YOU DON"T RECIEVE ANYTHING!!!! PERIOD!!!!! If you did it this way without fines and jail and all the BS corporate brownnosing the government does, everyone could be adequately insured and then some... also remove our noses from the world's problems and take care of ours...meaning stop spending money on BS wars, bring our men home and have them help stimulate the economy as well. This is what needs to be done, but it won't.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

You just described the bill that was originally written. Single payer Health Insurance for all Americans. What we got, was it's bastard child.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I cannot personally afford this bill.

Will we be considered criminals when we can't buy health insurance?

And why do people think that the government is going to be paying for their healthcare?

I could be wrong, anyone is free to correct me.

If you can't afford health insurance, you'll receive a subsidy to help pay for it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aislin
We have had our health plan for three months. We just received notice that our plan is being discontinued and that they can automatically move us to their new plan which costs 13% more and has a higher deductible OR if we don't like that and want to change to a different plan we can completely reapply and they will consider our application. We can barely afford the coverage as it is. The new health care legislation is certainly not helping my family.

I don't understand why people like yourself are not cheering this bill. Don't you realize the insurance company just bent you over? Don't you realize this bill makes it illegal for them to do that crap anymore?

top topics

join