It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOOK @ Yourself After Watching This!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I have nearly the same condition as this guy, and for years people have been sending me his videos.

Here's me for comparison: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c755da2cd26a.jpg[/atsimg]

I'm gonna be honest here, I cannot stand what Nick does! He exploits his disability to proselytize his audiences.
His shows literally remind me of seal shows. I was at a seal show once, the seal tossed a ball from it's tank into the audience, and people could go up and hug it. I've seen Nick kick a ball from the stage into the audience and then let people come up and hug him. Then he talks about how his life with this disability would be pointless without god...Screw him! I don't have his god in my life and I feel my life is far from pointless.
Don't fall for this touchy feely crap, he's no better than a snake-oil salesman.

Before I end this I'll share a comment someone sent me after reading what I've written about Nick elsewhere:

My family and I recently walked out in the middle of Nicks preaching event. Sorry to be rude but we already have our faith and dont need to be prosetylized. We had purchased tickets for one of Nick’s presentation at the urging of a Detroit Talk Radio Show…Frank Beckman. It was billed as a fundraiser for a abortion alternative program…however we had no indication of what was really in the plans for the evneing. Nick started out very funny and inspitrational and then turned it into a prosetylizing event. Peer pressure got to some of the people in which they were coerced into doing an alter call “accepting Jesus as their PERSONAL Savior.” I have seen similar events at baptist and other fundamentalist funerals…taking advantage of people when they are vulnerable and suck them into your belief system. Nick would bring alot more people to the Lord, if first he got an education in Scripture from somewhere other than a Fundamentalist Bible College.

I'm not going to source this because it links somewhere with NSFWish content.

That's my rant.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

damn dude, that picture is metal

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGiantPeach

Brought tears to my eyes. It is a tragedy that people can't think to their benefit and still suffer mentally.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
that was awesome! it reminds me of this song

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by undo]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

people make jokes about people like this but people really need to look at there selves and be proud every day just for living another one but they don't...

CX

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Thank you for posting that. If i'd have been in a show like that and found out later that i'd been falsely trapped into some religous event, i'd have walked out too.

I've been there before and it's no fun at all.

I still take my hat off the guy in the vid, and to you James. Like i say, it makes me think twice before moaning about the few injuries i have to put up with. If a short vid like that can inspire people, without a hint of religous talk (at least in that few minutes), then i say all the best to him.

CX.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

people love to use handicap to confirm their existence being more

i found it sick how they mean to confirm pity when they see any handicap talking like a normal person, instead of clearly meaning consideration to the objective fact prooving how any handicap is a person rights more then normal ones

needs are completely irrelevant to living rights, life freedom is everything and everyone sense of existing and the more needs are forced in conditions of life the more living rights are

meaning pity is always meaning itself as a living being more

noone is right in using another negative condition to claim being absolutely above it as superior one
negative condition mean first and last the condtion being wrong so not existing in truth since not objectively positive one, and the living right is the only free existing sense there

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Now this is a positive message I can relate to, not like "Something really good is about to happen". One of the most inspiring videos I've seen in an extremely long time, it's good know people like that still exist...but I wonder what sort of person he might have been if he was born with working arms and legs...does it take such a major disability to form such a righteous person in a modern society?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by imans

noone is right in using another negative condition to claim being absolutely above it as superior one
Dude, you're missing the point all together. It's that no matter how little this man has, and how little he can "do". He still shows, that by focusing on the things he does has, and enjoying the precious and wonderful life he does have, all the things he doesn't have no longer matter. Is it really that important you have something "just because everyone else does"? That's the way he sees it. And he sees kids and even adults constantly suffering in misery and depression, and always stressing over the things they don't have in life. He's trying to expand our frame of thought into one of love and care for everyone and everything. Where physical appearances and material wealth are no longer relevant. Where people support others instead of constantly working against each other and putting each other down. Where no one has to feel like a worthless excuse for an existence. Where the light isn't completely drowned out by the darkness of this disgusting planet, or more precisely, the people on it.

[edit on 24/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish
What a brilliant, brilliant human being.

And I mean that in the sense of him being completely radiant with positivity.

Yes...I second that.

Amazing; very glad I took the time to watch it. Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a swimming pool?

Bob......hehe hehe

Ah....to be 12 again...

Good story

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Without the preaching aspect I find his material inspiring.

I don't feel sorry for him, I put myself in his shoes and realize I wouldn't have as easy a time.

Therefore...it is inspiration, not pity.

I wouldn't be happy with being preached to or encouraged to pronounce my faith to anyone, I would simply leave at that point because it isn't my belief. That's how he feels he was helped and so be it. I bet he's paying bills.

[edit on 5/24/10 by Tharsis]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Hey everyone...

I've been anxious to reply to you all, but am having
a lot of trouble signing in to my original username
"TheGiantPeach." So here I am as the 3rd, lol.

Im happy to see the majority of you found the purity
within this guy's heart, because... It's There.
(I do understand the few that did not, and thats ok,
you weren't meant to.)

My heart really goes out to "NoArmsJames"
who as well as Nich, found greatness within himself
to ride lifes rollercoaster in the present moment knowing
his life has many directions of "meaning."
(Nich just found "the lord" as being his guide, which, if it
works for him, more power to him!

I would also like to say, my brother has battled his whole
life with "Cerebral Palsy." He was, "naturally born" this way,
so "they" say. Either way, I've been fortunate to grow with
him on so many ways, which I can only define as "personal
development" for my"SELF" understanding. I wouldn't have had
the number of smiles, nor would I be half the man I AM today
without my brother, "being" in my life.

To conclude my reply, I would truly like to say....

"Tell me how... this branch of "beings," physically living out the "collective minds' symptoms" of the world, that was ultimately
contrived from: insecurities, hate, depression, anger, etc. (the list goes on)........."

"Tell me how these people(many), have the nerve to believe, "there is no such thing as a soul"

***It's one thing to Think: Another to BELIEVE***

While we(everyone), have been blessed into this world with people like Nich, NoArmsJames, Dan Caro, My Brother, etc. (the list goes on) to put such inspiration, compassion, gratitude, power, thought, motion, emotion.... and SMILES... Into Our Lives!

"For Every Negative Outcome.... Result To A Positive Outlook."

Edit To Add: Punctuations, Itallics and Bolds. (A little touble :lol

[edit on 25-5-2010 by thegiantpeach3]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

it is not because my point cant be yours that i would be missing anything

it is very wrong to value another it means the ego you want to value to justify yourself life

what is positive is the truth not anyone, so if you see someone with such disability talking as if there is nothing bothering him really, it says how disability is done by something else and never related to what truly exist

since evil is then the source of negative existence parallel to truth as positive existence source, then who hate negative facts as disabilities are the most true and who dont care about handicaps being existing are the most liars

you almost are meaning that his handicap makes him brillant that is the pitiful thought of you

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Brave lad with the talk, but when alone at night does he cry himself to sleep without telling anyone.

He would be great for dwarf tossing

[edit on 25-5-2010 by acrux]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I will never be contrary to anyone trying to spread a good word and trying to spread some good into our planet.

That said, I would be very careful with messages like "Think your life is hard? This guy has no legs."

I don't think that is a positive message at all. Yes, every now and then we get lost in our daily routines. We get depressed, we get stressed up, we get angry, dismotivated, and so on. Everytime we go down the negative spiral, we have to find the strength to go up again. And I don't think that strength should come from the fact that we have both arms and legs while other people don't.

Look, there is always someone who's in a worst condition than you are. And because they've suffered more, that doesn't take away your right to be sad.

Got robbed? can't complain, 'cause there are some people who have no legs.

Got into a car accident and lost one arm? Cant complain, 'cause there are people who have lost both arms.

Got into another accident and lost both legs? Cant complain, 'cause there are people who have lsot both legs and arms.

Lost all your limbs? Cant complain, 'cause tehre are people who lost all their limbs, plus their sight and hearing.

You can go on and on, till the "cant complain, 'cause at least you're alive. You could be dead, now."

Who has it worse? The millionaire who lost an arm, or the guy with both arms who is poor? Can we really judge that?

I don't think that´s the right way to deal with our lives.

The same way tehre are people who's in worst shape than we are, there are other people who have it better than we do. Or do they? Does it matter?

I don't think we should measure our happiness and sadness comparing it to other people´s happiness and sadness.

Yesterday a guy riding a motorcycle was cutting through traffic and scratched my car. I was very upset and I still am upset. And nobody can tell me I have no right to be upset because it is just a car and it COULD BE WORSE. It can always be worse than it is. But that is no reason for me not to be upset about it. Am I materialistic because I care so much about my car being scratched? I don't think so. Heck, I dont even love cars. I got my driver´s license at the age of 28!

I live my life and it´s things in my life that make sense to me, that are close to me, that are in my context, that will affect me, make me angry, make me smile and so on.

To say I can't be upset when my car get scratched because something worse could have happened is to say I can't be happy either when something good happens to me, because something BETTER could have happened. I don't think that´s healthy.

That reminded me of highschool. When I was 14 or something, we had this woman visiting all the classrooms in our school. She was representing a not for profit organisation that helped kids with some terrible disease I don't remember the name of(it was a long time ago). What I do remember is how this woman was talking to us.

She was very aggressive, trying to make us feel guilty for being healthy and instead of asking for help she was demanding it, because we had no right to be happy when others were in misery, so donating food, money, shoes, whatever, was an obligation. To this day I still feel angry about this woman. First, because she has no right to go to a shcool and talk to kids that way. And second, because she wasted a good opportunity to actually help those sick kids.

I know that the message carried by that woman is not in the same tone as the message in the video, but it is still about making us feel guilty for having it better than others and I don't agree with that. Sorry, but I don't. Living in a country that has 300 million people where 70% are poor or worse, I have heard and seen messages like that my entire life.

I can't drive my car on the streets without having poor kids or crippled men asking for money in almost every stoplight. Do I give them money? No. Why? First, because of safety. Second, because we know they dont keep the money. Adults take the money away from the kids to buy drugs. Do I feel like helping them? Yes. Can I help them all? No.

So, what can someone do? My family donates money to charity homes. Can you judge the ammount of hlpe people give to others? No. Is there a price table of how much you should contribute? No.

So, at the end of the day, all we have to do is try to live a good life, trying to do no harm to others or to ourselves. Help when you can, if you can. But never feel guilty because you have more than others. It´s not your fault.

You have all the right to feel happy with the most idiotic things. Oh, got a bicycle for Xmas? Cool. Be happy about, 'cause your daddy had to work a lot to give you that. Yeah, your nighbour couldn't get a bike because his dad is unemplyed. And your other neighbour has no legs, so he can't ride a bike. But you can still be happy about it.

And when your bike breaks, you can feel sad about it also. Sure, at least you had a bike, while one of your neighbours never had one and the other had no legs to ride one. But that is their situation and this is your situation. Your life is different than theirs and what makes you happy and sad is different from what makes them happy and sad.

Is there a HAPPINESS & SADNESS table listing when we are allowed to be happy or sad? How do we build that table? We find the most miserable person in the planet and use THAT person as the status quo?

I hope people undestand what I am trying to say here.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
WOW, he is a strong person. If I was in his situation I would have killed myself a long time ago.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

since evil is then the source of negative existence parallel to truth as positive existence source, then who hate negative facts as disabilities are the most true and who dont care about handicaps being existing are the most liars
So you're saying his existence is negative or untrue? And did I ever say I don't care about the handicapped existing? Did I say "Oh, I wish everyone were handicapped"? I don't don't recall such a statement. And those who "hate" their enemies and objectives, are never going to make peace with their enemies and objectives...and this is exactly what this is all about, making peace with what you have in life, because you're the only one who can decide whether you're going to look at the glass like it's half full, or half empty.

Don't get me wrong, there are huge problems in this world, and we need to take them seriously and work towards fixing them, but we need not be hateful, sad, depressed people in the process. Emotions can be can be highly contagious, you can easily make a person day good with one action. we create a chain-reaction of misery and dread, and we only add to the problems in the end, and it's only by getting so upset and having pity for these people, that they're lives are so bad in the first place!!!

you almost are meaning that his handicap makes him brillant that is the pitiful thought of you
...and you are almost meaning that his handicap makes him less of a person...btw, I know plenty of handicapped people who choose to think they can't do anything, everyone shows them pity, and they usually seem depressed, even if they try to hide it. But look at this guy go. He doesn't let any of it stop him...and maybe that's his way of solving the problem, because until you develop another solution, I will consider him brilliant.

so if you see someone with such disability talking as if there is nothing bothering him really, it says how disability is done by something else and never related to what truly exist
So what makes you think he's "talking as if there is nothing bothering him". The brilliant thing about it, is that he isn't talking "as if" nothing is bothering him, that's what you and many others can't grasp - nothing is bothering him, he is at peace with what he has and who he is.

[edit on 25/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

your perspective is fully fake from your own will apparantly, where did you see mister that handicapped are not peaceful person and that this guy is the peaceful type example, this is an evil wills of yourself

when did you see that handicapped are full of hate or how even an handicap is the right image of rejecting greed life,

handicaped are people rights, and a lot of disabled are the right example for human living beings truth from their geniun peace in silence like anyone else

it is your life choice to love making shows around you and business of others attractions
accepting your condition as not the condition of yourself living free person, cannot be in preaching in public you cannot go to that opposite it says how you are exploiting your condition and not meaning any peace with it, or jumping on water when you cant swim

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by imans

it is your business to mean negative as source of positive, but then there is nothing positive objectively since it is just a positive expression of zero result when there is no positive absolute fact existing
positive fact certainty base result is the source of positive truth that mean always free positive life more

it is very easy to exploit everything by making bases of anything always negative, it is the simplest thing to do and who mean to value any positive exhibition out of negative source is simply meaning being himself a negative living source

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join