It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I miss a certain button to mark certain members.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
This is in the breaking news section right now. (Feds eyeing online forums to correct 'misinformation' )
It made me wonder if the whiz kids of ATS could make a button for people you suspect being a government payed and deliberately spread disinformation?
Maybe in the form like the "friend" and "foe" buttons so you can recognize those you labeled as such easily and maybe a remark on his or hers profile how many (perhaps anonymous) ATSers labeled that person as such.

Just a thought I wanted to share with you.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So let me understand:

In a nutshell, you want a way to publicly brand and/or slander other members, anonymously at that, because you don't like what they are posting?

I think that is a splendid idea... You would be the first on my list for the ignorance, close-mindedness and maliciousness of intent. Well done.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

So let me understand:

In a nutshell, you want a way to publicly brand and/or slander other members, anonymously at that, because you don't like what they are posting?

I think that is a splendid idea... You would be the first on my list for the ignorance, close-mindedness and maliciousness of intent. Well done.

AGREED..just pushed a wrong button for me too.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
You're not serious are you?

I suppose for thinking that this is a ridiculously stupid idea, you'd label me as disinfo right?

To put it more politely, it would be abused and would validate (at least in their own minds) peoples belief that anyone who disagrees with them must be paid to do so.

Sorry mate but it aint gonna happen, and if it did, I'd leave because it would mean ATS has embraced ignorance.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied

Originally posted by LadySkadi

So let me understand:

AGREED..just pushed a wrong button for me too.

So you would both use it?

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

WRONG.
Read that again.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
There is already a "foe" button, feel free to use it.
There is however a difference between disagreements and noticing that someone is structurally spreading disinformation especially at political and financial issues.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

No - Dumbass

[edit on 23-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Regenstorm

I want to be marked as someone who would like to get paid to spread disinformation.

I'm currently out of a job, I'll work cheap...penny a word sound good?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Absolutely not. We do not single out members like that. It would add nothing to the community of ATS.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join