It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is evolution?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Would you rather me to retype them.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The reason why we have not managed to "witness" Evolution yet is the same reason we have not managed to witness the birth of a Sun. We have only been looking for a split second in time. Sure we can look across the Universe and see all the chaos and predict the effects, but it is like looking at a room full of people in 1 frame in an entire movie.

That is were people with low levels of imagination have difficulty. They can only see the frame in front of them, people not moving, standing there as though they had always been there. But a good detective could take that same frame and work out the relationship between the people.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

But what if you had 65 to 70 million frames of old footage of the same picture?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

The thing is thedeadtruth we HAVE WITNESSED EVOLUTION. Speciation has been observed in a great many cases. The info is all out there online, as I'm sure you know.

I'd rather not preach to the choir but as Loken68 is an on again off again member of my ignore list I feel wary of addressing his ignorance directly.

Some folks won't even accept direct evidence of evolution as proof that it occurs yet their own conclusions are based upon superstition for which there is no evidence direct or indirect of any kind.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I could accept your theory if there weren't a thousand holes in it.

I once thought creation through evolution was a sound theory until I looked at the science behind it.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
Don't just make statements and leave it at that. Show me what I've said that was false.

Well, you conveniently ignored the fact that information CAN be added, so don't get all annoyed

A lot of scientific formals are based on models, they never replicate true nature perfectly under all circumstances. That doesn't make them wrong, just not perfect.

Also, I love how you keep on dodging the question what you believe in. I have the feeling it's creationism, and you don't answer because you know how ridiculous that theory is. I mean, you criticize evolution with all its evidence...but believe that a giant space daddy created people from dust, and women from a rib, and they then had incest and voila, we were created.

My apologies if you don't believe in creationism. I'm just curious and you keep on ignoring the question

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Then you would have a point, and I would come to the same conclusion as you. As I am a critical thinker.

But instead we have a universe and life on our planet that has constantly changed. We find dead stars and planets, and we find the bones of animals long since extinct under our feet. That suggests ongoing change to me. Not a freeze frame.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

OK maybe you'll need help from Titanskull up there on this one.

How do you add a gene? There has to be a genetic mechanism for an organism to add a gene. But there is no way to add a gene.
C'mon tell me

What I believe would be off topic...your not going to get me into trouble with the mods.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I was being simplistic.

You see what these guys want to see is one animal changing into another right in front of them. Not observed by someone else. Nothing less would get their attention.

The funny thing is if that did happen, it would be a "miracle" of God

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Yes you are correct. Thousands upon thousands of dead animal bones. But not one Transition Speci.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

C'mon Titen Tell us how to add a gene...plz plz plz.

I bet yall are googling your little hearts out.....to bad your not going to find it.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Loken68]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

It's explained in the NewScientist article, I can't read for you

It's not easy to discuss logically with creationists because the blatantly ignore or misinterpret evidence...and in general their "arguments" aren't based on logic or rationality. This thread discusses the subject nicely...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

What you are saying is that just because we do not fully understand the process, it does not exist.

I bet you can not pull apart your T.V. , put it back together again and make it work. But that only shows a limitation of knowledge on your behalf. Not that the T.V. never worked.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Dude I read it already and replied up above.^ That formula is flawed. Quit changing the subject and show me how to add a gene....

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by MrXYZ

Dude I read it already and replied up above.^ That formula is flawed. Quit changing the subject and show me how to add a gene....

The NewScientist article doesn't talk about the formula, it talks about adding information...the link is labeled NewScientist, I'm sure you'll figure out how to click the right link

link   
reply to post by Loken68

I once thought creation through evolution was a sound theory until I looked at the science behind it.

And the holes in Creationism aren't readily apparent? Oh yes, a far more sound conclusion to believe in magic than to believe in legitimate science

It doesn't strike you as odd that every scientific mind in the world has come to a different conclusion based on the science you claim leads you to reject evolution? Science accepts evolution because the evidence points in that direction and that direction ONLY, exclusively. Not only has evolution been proven well enough to convince every scientist in the world but no other theory of bio-diversity has ANY evidence to counter evolution's claim. And by the way, those scientists convinced of evolution, some of them are Christians or are of other faiths.

In truth it is either faith, ignorance, or both in conjunction that has led you to reject the obvious and readily available evidence supporting Evolution. Either religious bias, willful ignorance, or bad information (or all 3) have led you to this conclusion, not any logical or well-reasoned preponderance of the evidence and certainly nothing scientific.

Anyone who actually studied the "science" as you've claimed could reach only one conclusion: Evolution happens.

You have failed in every respect in your continual acceptance of ignorance but I have decided to no longer remain silent lest your ignorance spread to others on ATS or anywhere else.

Edit to Add:

This does not constitute an argument:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7274a3c2169.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
reply to post by Loken68

What you are saying is that just because we do not fully understand the process, it does not exist.

I bet you can not pull apart your T.V. , put it back together again and make it work. But that only shows a limitation of knowledge on your behalf. Not that the T.V. never worked.

NO! I'm trying to tell you that this process doesn't work period. But it's still being taught as fact.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Then answer the question. It is the question that the whole theory hinges on.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Why would I trust your word ? So far you have only shown me a talent for mimicking information. The same way other animals learn.

If God created you, he left the "thinking" Genome out.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I never asked you to trust me. Do the research yourself. But make sure you look at both sides of the coin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join