It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jefferson Parish, LA officials commandeer BP boats

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Just a line to add that, fortunately, we do have many, many fueling stations and brands to choose from, and BP is no longer one of them.

It may only be worth five measly cents, my lifetime gas purchases, but I'll see that five cents in the gutter and walk before I pay these people one penny ever again.

And that's a fact. It's good that they aren't concerned with the little guys, because the little guys no longer want anything at all to do with them.

We walk to work anyway, haha. But I will drag my groceries home in a sack if I have to rather than purchase a drop from them.

As long as I have no more beach, they have no more profit from me.
They will be fine, unlike the Gulf and the southern coastline and marshes.

All the money donated to save the wetlands, wasted. Projects like the Dauphin Island research facility, where students from my university go each summer, if they are lucky enough, to study and help preserve the barrier areas, ruined. All the animals saved, for nothing.

Again, thanks, BP....I'm changing your name to BO.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Copperflower]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I really don't like the mood this situation is getting me into - like this overwhelming urge to start rounding up BP executives and forcing them to drink the oil from the spill. I'll contain that urge - but, if I'm feeling this way all the way over in Eastern Europe, I cannot imagine how the people in the Gulf feel, much less the animals. I'm not an overwhelming "greenie" by any stretch of the imagination. This is tantamount to wholesale slaughter. The slowness of the Federal Government and BP on this whole issue BLOWS THE CAP OFF any imagination I can muster regarding incompetence and criminal malfeasance.

It is almost as if BP and the Government is purposely letting the situation get out of hand - hamstringing local officials from taking proactive efforts.

As for the local commandeering - good job - keep up the efforts.

Oh... and where the hell is FEMA? ha - We need to dissolve that agency into absolute nothingness.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Remember - in order to successfully boycott BP, one needs to be aware of the other brands and services they control!

The Am-Pm gas station chain - BP owned.
Arco - BP owned.
Castrol - BP owned.

And some others. Go here: www.bp.com... to see what they are.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Remember this "Operation Exodus" www.abovetopsecret.com... also out of LA. State?
They seem to be ahead of the curve on self relince

______beforeitsnews/news/21/131/Sheriff_launches_Operation_Exodus_a_policing_plan_for_an_end-of-the-world_scenario.html

Start at the edges & work your way in. Bosier Parish top left, Jefferson Parish bottom right.
geology.com...

Show the rest of the states how it's done LA.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
TPTB KNOWS that people are getting angry, so what do they do???

Air a clip on CNN this morning showing "healthy fish, healthy looking water" claiming that there is a "coral reef that looks healthy" .... from footage taken as a diver was sent down to "explore"

This is COMPLETE BULL.

We are being LIED to.

They want people to stop being angry, and stop demanding answers... so they roll out the propaganda machine bright and early monday morning.

They want to sedate the country's anger...

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Asherah]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

I have sure wondered about the reaction on Dauphin Island, Copperflower. It looked to me like there could be considerable wealth & influence there & it is certainly beautiful. I don't know how long Texas will stay out of the line of fire, but if you're needing a beach (this has certainly made it flash before my eyes & become URGENT to get there right away while we still have it to go to), there is a beach- one of our very best, maybe THE best, in Texas that is not so far from you. U2U me & I will send you to one of their websites.

Sending prayers that Y'All will somehow escape the worst. I am heartBROKEN over Louisiana. (I never got to see their beach)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angiras
I am from Louisiana, and the people here are fed up with both the Federal Government and BP, both of whom are merely trying to cover their a$$e$, while the people here will have to live with stinking cess pools in place of pristine marshland, which serves as a major source of livelihood for southern LA. We've experienced all this before, during Katrina, and we are not gonna take their lackadaisical crap anymore, when our local people, wildlife, and fisheries are suffering right now, and may have to suffer the consequences for generations to come.

Sheesh, Katrina and now this. Louisiana must have some bad karma or something.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Angiras]

The marshlands never have smelled all that good, to be honest. Rotting vegetation tends to have a stench.
But i get the point, and you are right. The ecosystem of Louisianna is the source of some of my favorite food items (looks like there won't be as many crawfish boils, and far less gulf shrimp).

But Katrina is not the fault of the Fed. That is the fault of the idiots who thought living below sea level on the gulf coast was a good idea. And of the incompetent governor who failed do meet her obligations.

Bush was a tool, to be sure. But Katrina was not something he had control over. Heaven forbid he expect the governor to either do her job, or ask for help in a timely manner.

On a side note, having spent many hours swimming the waters of the gulf, i cannot say the oil is making the water look any dirtier. That was some murky water to begin with.
(sorry about making light of the situation...it is to the point all i can do is laugh to keep from screaming).

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I swear to God, some people are VERY lucky that I'm not in charge. I would tie up all the BP executives and waterboard them, but using oil instead. Then I would spend the next couple of days torturing them, but keeping them alive as long as I can. I would show these people no mercy, as they show the environment no mercy. It's too bad the BP HQ is in London and not here; I would be there throwing oil balloons by now.

I'm very happy though to see that people in Louisiana are taking matters into their own hands; its the only way things will ever get done.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Imightknow]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
does anybody here truly believe the gov't or BP give two cents about what you have to say? america was and still is a corporate run country, we civilians are the lowest common denominator and through these peoples eyes, we're idiots who will believe anything the media convey. 99.9% of us will believe what an official say so long as they appear on TV, denying them will have you labeled ignorant.

you can take your sign and walk the streets, go on hunger strike, protest peacefully, but you're not going to change the mind of those in control. in the past these were use as convenient excuse to save us and them some face when we were humiliated.

people, they are not going to stop this spill anytime soon, they can, but they won't. we can cry til our tears have run out, that changes nothing as far as they are concerned.

Well, why won't they? People keep saying it was done on purpose and make fledgeling comments but no one ever seems to back it up with sound logic. wtf

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
That was a smart move. It lessens the chances of BP people going around and threatening news crews and such, like they did with CBS the other day.

BYW, anyone see that CBS story on the news, or just the internet.. I didn't see it on the news.. I would have thought it would have been all over the news stations.. strange don't you think.

Which CBS story are you talking about? It sounds interesting but people don't know what exactly you are talking about unless you mention the specifics.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LooseLipsSinkShips

I have said this several times....

....an oilfield consultant i know says that one of her mudloggers emailed her telling her that the "hush hush" secret was that there was a N Korean sub under the rig wreckage. When i asked her to clarify, she told me to drop it, that she couldn't say any more.

My opinion:

They aren't going to release this information until after the oil gets to Europe via the current. At this point they will point all of the Wests anger at N Korea, thereby pulling China into WWIII (and likely Russia, too).

Why? Money. How many trillions of dollars are at stake via the debts to China and all the interest payments?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I find it odd that it was Jefferson parish that comandeered the boats. Nowhere in their jurisdiction is affected yet. If the spill had already made it to lake ponchartrain I would understand, but not sure why Plaquemines didn't get the boats.

Slidell might has well have taken the boats. Sorry, I live here and it doesn't make sense. Look at a parish map and look at the location.

What people are also missing is that these were the private citizens, the fisherman, etc... Not BP owned boats. Private citizens being told that they have to work for the government rather than a private company.

I applaud JP for trying to fight the spill, but there are other repercussions than just the environmental impact.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

....an oilfield consultant i know says that one of her mudloggers emailed her telling her that the "hush hush" secret was that there was a N Korean sub under the rig wreckage. When i asked her to clarify, she told me to drop it, that she couldn't say any more.

My opinion:

They aren't going to release this information until after the oil gets to Europe via the current. At this point they will point all of the Wests anger at N Korea, thereby pulling China into WWIII (and likely Russia, too).

Why? Money. How many trillions of dollars are at stake via the debts to China and all the interest payments?

And it has been revealed many times that what you speak about is a HOAX. According to ATS that is.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
catch as much as possible oil poisend fish and drop them at every BP fuel station.........:-)
ore start an commercial campain...with every 10 gallons of fuel 1 oiled fish for free !

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

"Reply by Jim D. Bural 4 hours ago
Now Deeper, you know damned well it wasn't the Koreans. You were on the right track with the aliens. You MUST have missed the Pentagon report of the alien breakout at Area 51. It woul appear from all RELIABLE sources that the rig was located directly over the diminsional portal into the diminsion warp of their homeworld, as Everyone knows, it's Merconveutito. I'm quite sure they meant no harm and just wanted to get back home after years of being forced to have sexual congress with Earthling women. So let's all show some compassion for them in their time of distress."

Source

www.drillingahead.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Mr. FurryTexan, did you see the 60 minutes segment about the guy who jumped off the burning rig 100+feet while covered in blood and severely injured? Rescued by fishermen? He has a compelling story that you guys need to listen to. I would drop the N. Korea BS. It's all about oilfield greed, and you and I have seen that in action (I've done my oilpatch tour as well).

[edit on 24-5-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiteraryOneTwo
reply to post by incoserv

At the same time, I do not understand why it is that USNavy has not sent frogmen down to do the job. I mean really...doesn't anybody realize that this is serious!

Because the pressure at 5000 feet depth is1x1x (5000x12)x 0.36127 pounds per square inch. Since the average frogman has a body surface area of about 2890 square inches, that's a total of roughly (and it would be rough) 173,350,000 pounds turning the 3 dimensional frogman into a flapjack (if his name was jack.)
Wanna volunteer??

[edit on 24-5-2010 by 4nsicphd]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Imightknow
I swear to God, some people are VERY lucky that I'm not in charge. I would tie up all the BP executives and waterboard them, but using oil instead. Then I would spend the next couple of days torturing them, but keeping them alive as long as I can. I would show these people no mercy, as they show the environment no mercy. It's too bad the BP HQ is in London and not here; I would be there throwing oil balloons by now.

I'm very happy though to see that people in Louisiana are taking matters into their own hands; its the only way things will ever get done.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Imightknow]

Yeah, but the BP America HQ is at 2 Westlake Park in Houston. The Haliburton has its main US office in the North Belt Office complex, also in Houston.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 4nsicphd

I'm a little bit far from TX as well but if thousands of people rally outside those buildings and start a ruckus I might consider making the drive. These companies should NOT be allowed to get away with this. I know the government won't do anything because as we all know big business owns most governments, especially ours. But, if BP gets hit with thousands upon thousands of lawsuits from all those people directly affected by the spill, then maybe that will shut em down for good.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LooseLipsSinkShips

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

My opinion:

And it has been revealed many times that what you speak about is a HOAX. According to ATS that is.

I am not referring to some David Icke website. I am talking about people who actually are working in the oilfields. People who are actually doing the work.

Now, iam not saying there is or isn't a sub down there. I am just telling you what an oilfield consultant that i know had been told by her mudlogger. she isn't a conspiracy theorist, so that isn't her aim. She was just passing on information that, once she passed, she wished she hasn't.

I don't care what ATS calls a hoax.
I was just reporting what someone who was on site within the first 12 hours had to say on the matter.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join