It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jefferson Parish, LA officials commandeer BP boats

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+61 more 
posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Jefferson Parish, LA officials commandeer BP boats

www.wwltv.com

Posted on May 22, 2010 at 6:47 PM
GRAND ISLE, La. - Jefferson Parish Emergency managers say they have commandeered all of BP's hired boats in Grand Isle.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I listened to the interview from a couple of days ago on WWL with the mayor-president of Plaquimines Parish. He was obviously frustrated with the absolute refusal of anyone in authority to do anything. When I read this report, my heart skipped a beat or two.

Simply, kudos to those Jefferson Parish officials who took this step. If there were more people like this, something might get accomplished!

www.wwltv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-5-2010 by incoserv]

[edit on 23-5-2010 by incoserv]

+14 more 
posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I am from Louisiana, and the people here are fed up with both the Federal Government and BP, both of whom are merely trying to cover their a$$e$, while the people here will have to live with stinking cess pools in place of pristine marshland, which serves as a major source of livelihood for southern LA. We've experienced all this before, during Katrina, and we are not gonna take their lackadaisical crap anymore, when our local people, wildlife, and fisheries are suffering right now, and may have to suffer the consequences for generations to come.

Sheesh, Katrina and now this. Louisiana must have some bad karma or something.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Angiras]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
S+F!

Now people are getting things done!

Sending good vibes in an ocean of crude people.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

He said more than 40 boats were sitting idle while he watched the oil rush into the passes.

At around 5:30 p.m., Jefferson Councilman Chris Roberts confirmed the boats have been commandeered by JP emergency managers.

Way to go JP!!

Let’s see if I can find the video of the guy talking about going ahead with plans without permits because the permits were taking too long.

Edit: It's an MSNBC video so I hope the link works right.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Billy Nungesser – Plaquemines Parrish President – “We can’t wait anymore”

[edit on 23/5/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Where is Pat Robertson to claim that all of the people on the coast worship Satan?

Glad to see someone is doing something about this mess. Kudos to them.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
S&F!

Great job JP! Glad to see someone taking action to get the job done. Good people in Louisiana. They deserve so much better than the crap they've been getting in recent years from TPTB.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I dunno, but to me, this kind of fits:

Edit: meant to add this one, but the first one works too

[edit on 23-5-2010 by primus2012]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It all starts local and it all ends local. BP is sitting on its butt and its not taking the advise or help from other industry profesionals.

The Gulf Oil Spill was done on purpose in my opinion.

They know the South has power and wealth with oil and TPTB wants to put its thumb on us.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

"...and that means you, smart ass."

Yeah, I'd say that fits.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Warning after Warning.

"The government has recently come under pressure from the public to assume control of the clean-up."

news.bbc.co.uk...

I like the use of the word "recently". I think our pressure has been there the whole time.

It's nice to see people reacting to others lack of action finally. that is of course out of the financial reality in our lives.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Is it possble to flag or give any more stars for this, we need em.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by promomag
Is it possble to flag or give any more stars for this, we need em.

Here's another S&F,
Go JP.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

Thank God someone finally did something. I can't believe how long people were just sitting around llistening to BP say "we've got it covered."

Some guy from Alaska last week kept telling everyone that up in Alaska, Exxon did such a crappy job of cleaning up, that finally all the Alaskan fishermen had to take over. Seems like that's the only way anything is going to get done.

BP only cares about recovering their oil. That's it. They could care less about the people on the coast, or the marshes, or the wildlife. They care about recovering the oil. And THAT is why it's taken so long to plug this thing.

Notice that every "solution" that BP comes up with involves recovering the oil in ships, instead of just capping the well? Gee, I wonder why.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by nikiano]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
how does jefferson parish have any jurisdiction in grand isle?Plaquemines parish.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
TAKE 'EM AND DON'T GIVE THEM BACK! We learned from Exxon, and sounds like LA is moving in a positive way. Now if only we can get our people from the bogus war home to help us in this pickle.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
That is the problem with Big Corporations and Big Government no one is actually accountable, ever.

Think about who is accountable any one person, I think not everyone points fingers or just doesn't give a crap, just as long as they get their paycheck, bonuses, medical and retirement.

No one in Government takes anything personally or to heart, so it's always the other guy, blame game while the spilled milk runs all over everything and everybody.

Time for some action.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
does anybody here truly believe the gov't or BP give two cents about what you have to say? america was and still is a corporate run country, we civilians are the lowest common denominator and through these peoples eyes, we're idiots who will believe anything the media convey. 99.9% of us will believe what an official say so long as they appear on TV, denying them will have you labeled ignorant.

you can take your sign and walk the streets, go on hunger strike, protest peacefully, but you're not going to change the mind of those in control. in the past these were use as convenient excuse to save us and them some face when we were humiliated.

people, they are not going to stop this spill anytime soon, they can, but they won't. we can cry til our tears have run out, that changes nothing as far as they are concerned.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by incoserv

You say it here and I have said it before, BP is not saving the marsh because they do not care about that. They just want to recover the oil which drastically reduces the options for stopping the gusher.

Both the Feds and BP were probably just waiting for something like this to happen. Now, some way or another, this just further reduces their legal liability. That is all they are concerned about. That and committee forming and press conferencing. Useless twits.

Anyway, I am glad the local folks took the vessels and started doing something. I support them 100%. I cannot imagine the frustration of those people watching their livelihoods getting soaked in oil while the resources to help are just sitting idle. I am surprised it took this long.

The part about waiting for permits is rich. From what it looks like the permit process for oil companies was expedited. Yet for the average Joe trying to save his future, the oil would be half way across the Atlantic before it would have been approved.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join