It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paper, School Books, Fruit Juice and Chocolate BANNED IN GAZA! WHY?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I ask you, give me one reason israel supporters to ban PAPER, SCHOOL BOOKS, FRUIT JUICE AND CHOCOLATE?

DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT.

If you are going to reply, and think this is alright, GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO THE ABOVE QUESTION FIRST.

Not doing so will prove you know what they are doing is wrong, like seemingly more and more events lately, yet you still defend them.

When faced with facts that NO ONE can defend, israel supporters change the subject and/or libel the poster. This is what we are not going to do here.

If you disagree with me, present why, as I'll present why I feel this is wrong.

If you feel it is right, please say why, that's all I'm asking.

By banning paper and school books, THEY KNOW THEY ARE KEEPING THE KIDS FROM GOING TO SCHOOL. Why?

Are they that afraid that if the kids grow up to be smart they might find a way out?

Or is it more likely that they are abusing powers which they gave themselves?

These kids grow up with nothing but an israeli gun in their face telling them what to do. And now the one thing a kid looks forward to is gone?

With no education they are doomed to stay in Gaza, and will end up fighting back against their oppressor, as israel knows and needs.

They need to take everything from a person, until they have nothing left to lose, and do so with frightening efficiency.

They can't pretend to be holier than thou if only they are doing the attacking.

I'm not sure about you, but my God's people wouldn't deny children school, sweets or fruit juice. I'm sure there are many more things, these just stuck out as there is no reason to ban them.

By banning fruit juice and chocolate, THEY ARE JUST BEING CRUEL ASSHOLES. Seriously, wtf. Does that have any military benefit? Or are they just being #s because they can?

I saw a video yesterday about how they make the workers coming through the gates each day throw away the water they brought with them, and make them buy it from an isreali on the other side of the gate for much more than it is in Gaza.

I don't think the aid ships carrying all the supplies are going to get anywhere near Gaza, as they don't even let the Red Cross in for fears of the rest of the world finding out how oppressed Gaza really is.

YOU CANNOT MAKE BOMBS OUT OF SCHOOL BOOKS AND FRUIT JUICE!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by breakingdradles]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
edit myself for initially falling into the trap.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by wiredamerican]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Nice joke, anyone going to answer this seriously?

Or is it quite obvious they are just doing this to be assholes?

I'm thinking the latter.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wiredamerican

That was pretty ignorant of you.

Way to blanket statement. You know you should not make assumptions, you end up making an ass of yourself and some guy named umption..

As for the OP, this is ridiculous, I can't believe they could even justify that.

Do you have a source for the claim though? I don't doubt it, I just wanna read the story. I can't view the video, that's why I'm asking for a new story...

~Keeper

[edit on 5/23/2010 by tothetenthpower]

[edit on 5/23/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Edit myself for falling into the trap.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by wiredamerican]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Here's what I found in an INITIAL search:

Items Prohibited/Permitted into Gaza Strip

According to the document, most of this is based on info from the Palestinians from experience of what is permitted/turned away. Israel apparently will not confirm nor deny any of it.

The source is Gisha.org. There "About" sections states:

About Gisha.org

Gisha is an Israeli not-for-profit organization, founded in 2005, whose goal is to protect the freedom of movement of Palestinians, especially Gaza residents. Gisha promotes rights guaranteed by international and Israeli law. Since the 1967 occupation of the West Bank and Gaza Strip, Israel's military has developed a complex system of rules and sanctions to control the movement of the 3.4 million Palestinians who live there. The restrictions violate the fundamental right of Palestinians to freedom of movement. As a result, additional basic rights are violated, including the right to life, the right to access medical care, the right to education, the right to livelihood, the right to family unity and the right to freedom of religion.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me the blind eye that is turned against what is going on in the Gaza while people decry all OTHER forms of crimes of humanity AS LONG AS they are being committed by any other organization, government, group other than Israel. It's sickening.

I really hope this thread doesn't turn into the usual "you're an anti-semite" dribble by people who completely ignore what is happening to the people of Palestine while excusing it because of the actions of A FEW who only do what they do because of these crimes against humanity committed by Israel. What the heck else would you expect people do that are being treated like this? Sit back and take it? Not fight back because Israel is "God's chosen land"?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Is it possible that some of these seemingly harmless items can be converted into harmful items? Before September 11, 2001, nobody would have thought that ceramic box cutters could be used to demolish a building.

Is it also not possible that harmful items could be disguised or have been disguised as the harmless items? For example a cache of weapons could have been disguised as a shipment of chocolate.

Also, if you look at a link to a list of banned and allowed items in a previous post, you will see an asterisk on the list of banned items. Certain international organizations are allowed to bring in some of the banned items. Perhaps Israel is trying to minimize Hamas' ability to control the population by having control over certain staples.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
What is the original source? Iranian Press TV? Really?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

Your theory is only good so long as Israel begins supplying the things they have banned.

Just because some have used those as weapons does not mean the children should pay the price.

Come on now, I highly doubt that Hamas are training terrorists in school.

Paper bombs?

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

As far as Israel supplying the banned substances, it does not need to if it allows International organizations to supply the banned substances. The ban could be directed as weakening Hamas' power.

As far as Hamas not training terrorists in schools, Hamas indoctrinates Palestinian children with hatred towards Jews. It may not be teaching children to make bomb belts in schools, but it is certainly filling Palestinian children with hatred so they will be prime candidates for suicide bombing.

You are right in that it is unfortunate Palestinian people, including Palestinian children are suffering as a result of this mess. While I cannot say Israel has always made the best decisions in every particular situation, Israel is caught in a catch 22. Israel has a duty to protect its own people from rockets that are being fired from the Gaza strip. If Israel softens up its measures, Palestinian people could benefit at the expense of Israeli lives.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
they probobly turn away school books held by little girls becuase the religious police will rape and burn them for trying to learn.

id rather have my school books taken away then beaten and acid poured on my face,

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So it's ok to have it the other way around then?

Israeli peace at the cost of Palestinian life?

Strange logic don't you think?

Look, Israel controls the blockade, which means even if international organizations want to bring things into Gaza, they have to go through Israel first.

Palestinians live in a ghetto, there's no arguing that point.

If Israel wants to make itself look righteous and good it should stop being Nazi Germany circa 1940 when it comes to Palestinians.

I'm sorry but their behaviour is just so ridiculous. Mind you Hamas has blood on it's hands as well and a change of power in that area would do both groups some good.

I'm not saying Israel is the only guilty party, but they are the ones with the means to start making things better, for both groups, and they refuse to do so.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
First thing everyone needs to understand is that everything from either side is 99% bull#, I mean propaganda....

Now with that said what we have is the Jews who play hard with anyone they deem a threat, they have always been this way and they are not unlike many others in that region. Then we have many Muslin countries and organizations that WANT to see and help to keep the people of Gaza in the most pitiful state they can so that they can continue to use them for, dare I say it, propaganda purposes. These Muslin countries could easily help make that area stable, but they don’t and never will.

So what all this ends up to be is a group of people trapped between Israel and the Muslin world that get no help from anyone while everyone is either inciting them or punishing them in some way.

Nobody wants them and so they are screwed.....

[edit on 23-5-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

No reasonable person can defend every single action the Israelis have taken, but they are not Nazis.

The Nazis systematically killed MILLIONS of people and tried to wipe entire ethnic groups like Jews and Gypsies off the map. They showed zero restraint.

Israel has NOT killed MILLIONS of Palestinians. If the Israelis were just like the Nazis, they would have killed millions of Palestinians by now. They certainly could have done so, but the Israelis have showed some restraint. You may feel they have not showed enough restraint, but they have shown restraint.

Labeling Israelis as Nazis is like calling someone who got into a fist fight a serial killer. This rhetoric only serves to deter Israel from showing any restraint.

If I were in charge of Israel, I would have taken the gloves off because of people like you who refuse to acknowledge that Israel has shown any restraint. If I am going to pay the price of being a "Nazi" I might as well reap the benefits by pursuing policies that secure my people's security without any regard for the lives and well being of the Palestinian people or any other people for that matter.

Israel could easily get rid of most of the rockets in Gaza by carpet bombing it to the point it was nothing but dust. This would be a genocide that would kill tens of thousands of people, but it would eliminate the rocket problem. Israel could expel every Palestinian from the West Bank. This would also be an act of genocide, but it would eliminate the threat of suicide bombers. Israel could wipe out its hostile neighbors with nuclear weapons. Again this would be genocide, but it would eliminate threats to Israel's security.

So be careful of the names you call people, because people might actually decide to live up to those names.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Alright, I'll take my wording back, you've made your point.

Do you see where I am coming from though?

It's amazing, but you see it in other walks of life.

Child is abused by parents, when that child becomes an adult, he abuses others.

Same thing is going on here IMO.

They are SO afraid of anything happening, they overreact and are overprotective of themselves.

And don't use that' " Do you blame them" stance, cause yes I do, it's been 60 years.

I agree with you however, that we should not blindly thrown terms around, I just think they act a bit Nazi-ish when it comes to Palestinians, and you can't really disagree when you look at the state of Gaza.

It really is a ghetto that Israel controls. There's no freedom for Palestinians, they might as well tag them with GPS.

~Keeper

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

What would you do if your were Israel? Remember, Israel withdrew from the area and gave it back to the Palestinians. The Palestinians "thanked" Israel by turning the Gaza strip into a rocket launching pad?

Although there are extremists in Israel who want to turn the whole middle east into an Israeli settlement, the majority of Israelis see Israel's blockade of Gaza as holding a wolf by its ears. They do not like holding on, but they are also afraid of letting go.

Would you continue to let the rockets fly? Or would you crack down? Keep in mind, the Israeli government's primary responsibility is protecting the Israeli people, just as the Mexican government's primary responsibility is protecting the Mexican people or the Japanese government's primary responsibility is protecting the Japanese people.

Also, where are your calls for Palestinian responsibility or restraint? You claim Israel is engendering violence with violence. Don't you think if Palestinians stopped launching rockets and terrorist attacks, the Israelis would not have a reason to ease up.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Your theory is only good so long as Israel begins supplying the things they have banned.

Just because some have used those as weapons does not mean the children should pay the price.

Come on now, I highly doubt that Hamas are training terrorists in school.

Paper bombs?

~Keeper

You are so right. It's really sad that the children are paying the price. They are "hostages" caught in the crossfire between Israel and Hamas.
This video shows that Hamas are training children in schools. And it does not look like a ordinary school play of "Little Red Riding Hood".

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

This is true

government's primary responsibility is protecting the Israeli people,

But the Palestinians are under the control of the Israeli government by default it is their responsibility to protect them as well . Just like a warden at a prison it is his or her responsibility for the welfare of the prisoners. Which is what the GAZA has become .

The problem is a criminal act is performed on a nation that nation in return treats all people of the offending nationality as criminals even if a few are the ones doing the act . They ALL are guilty and can not be proven innocent . Which is the thoughts and actions taken by the Israeli government at the present time .

The way they are handling things now is really only fostering more adversaries in the next generations if this direction continues the only way for peace will be extermination of the Palestinian people .

The average human need is marry raise kids provide for their family live life peaceful well fed safely and prosperous. Deprive any human of these things long enough and you will create freedom fighters or terrorists out of almost any one .

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I can't say I disagree, but if Israel treated Palestinians with a bit more respect don't you think those things would stop?

Look there's a reason why Hamas sends rockets into Israel, they feel oppressed, something happened to make them feel that way.

Perhaps it's because they were torn from their land shoved into ghettos which are getting smaller and smaller while the resources get fewer and fewer.

If Israel really wanted to solve the problem, they would be in favor of a two state solution.

~Keeper

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join